84 replies to this topic

#61 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,804 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0632 AM

Whilst teething, watch any electrical extention cables you might have. Found my Jack Russell happily gnawing through an extension cable my PC was plugged into. :D

We gave her one of my dads old belts in the end to get through it. It pretty much gnawed away the whole damn thing, barring the buckle.

Already chewed the wire to the pump to our pet fountain after being confined to the kitchen on her first day without mom and dad. Then chewed phone line after digging it up while digging at carpet by the door on the next attempt. New pump on the way and new phone line already installed taking new non-chewable path. Other wires already protected because of cat who chews wires but doesn't know how to chew her food.  :D

#62 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 52,743 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0831 AM

I dont know why they dont issue puppies to soldiers as wire-cutters. There is no more formidable gnawing weapon known to man. :)

#63 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • 28,804 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 1724 PM

I dont know why they dont issue puppies to soldiers as wire-cutters. There is no more formidable gnawing weapon known to man. :)

:D 

#64 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0603 AM

Simple. Wire cutters don't pee on you  ;)

#65 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,743 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0632 AM

And guess there is a danger if you fall asleep, you wake up and find its gnawed your rifle in half. So there is that too.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, 20 June 2019 - 0632 AM.

#66 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • 28,804 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0713 AM

Yeah, but they can sense terminators, so there is that.

#67 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,743 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0755 AM

Yes, there is that. And as movie critic Mark Kermode said, if you are in a disaster movie, stick with the dog. They always survive. :D

#68 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0829 AM

Yes, there is that. And as movie critic Mark Kermode said, if you are in a disaster movie, stick with the dog. They always survive. :D

Except for old yeller 

#69 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,743 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 0839 AM

Quote from the movie clip on youtube (for I had never seen it before)

What kind of sick doggie snuff film is this?!

:D

I dont know if anyone saw this, but in Siberia they recently discovered a 32000 year old Wolf Head, and that sucker is huge! I kind of hoping they genetically reengineer it, and set it loose on Dartmoor for the Sherlock Holmes ethusiasts.

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=63714131

#70 WRW

WRW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,772 posts
  • Interests:OOB, Military Technology, Terrorism, Counter Insurgency, C4I

Posted 21 June 2019 - 0947 AM

For our last two dogs we gave them sticks for chewing when they were pups - bit messy but saved the furniture.

Our last 3 kg princess was a ninja walt - she was Maltese - figured she was major security beast 

we had to have her adopted when we started travelling - after a year we found not a  a  little cute  Maltese but more a  dog Mafia don - she had taken over her new house and had two other dogs and 17 cats under her serious control - she was the BOSS

edited for spelling

Edited by WRW, 25 June 2019 - 0453 AM.

#71 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 0555 AM

Actually said soldiers could be issued dachshunds to dig under said entanglements. As a past wiener dog owner, getting the dog to obey you is another problem, but digging is in their DNA.

#72 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,194 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 0833 AM

Actually said soldiers could be issued dachshunds to dig under said entanglements. As a past wiener dog owner, getting the dog to obey you is another problem, but digging is in their DNA.

You cannot get one to obey you even when they WANT to do what you try to get them to do.  Most hard headed dogs I have ever had.

#73 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 22 June 2019 - 1212 PM

You cannot get one to obey you even when they WANT to do what you try to get them to do.  Most hard headed dogs I have ever had.

Well wiener dogs are supposed to hunt badgers--so they're gonna have an 'attitude'.

#74 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0528 AM

Yes, your dog loves you, your cat only 1/5th as much.  Which proves something about cats.  https://www.theguard...nd-for-the-food

#75 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0707 AM

There is the old joke of how to tell you loves you more, your wife or your dog. Lock them both up in the car trunk for 5 minutes, open it up, and see which one is more pleased to see you  :D  

#76 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0715 AM

For you Murph  

#77 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,743 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0717 AM

Yes, your dog loves you, your cat only 1/5th as much.  Which proves something about cats.  https://www.theguard...nd-for-the-food

#78 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0821 AM

While I am sitting here waiting on the Texas Ranger to come by and pick me up before we go interview a suspect, I heard a really strange noise, did not know what it was, then I looked under the desk and both the dogs were snoring.  In three part harmony no less.  

#79 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0849 AM

I had to put my dog down last week. He developed signs of being ill last Monday, and continued to get worse as the week went by. I got him into the vet, and the vet started out by performing a routine checkup on him, and discovered one of his anal glands had grown into a very large mass. She biopsied it, and took a look a look at the biopsy under the microscope. She saw cancer cells. She said anal gland cancer is one of the most aggressive cancers in dogs. I was not even aware that was a thing until then. He had just had a checkup around October - November and they did not detect the mass then, so either they missed it, or it grew between then and last week. We discussed options and I decided that putting him down was the most humane thing to do with how sick he was. I could not afford chemo and surgery for him, and if we treated the symptoms she estimated he might have a month at best. Hard call to make. I miss him quite a bit, as he was my buddy and often went out with me while I ran errands and such. 

#80 GregShaw

GregShaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:snowmobiles, guns, computers

Posted 17 July 2019 - 0951 AM

Sorry to hear that Mr King. I took mine up to our family cabin last weekend. Sometime sunday evening between 8 pm or so when I gave him some food and 10 pm when I went to bring him inside, he wandered off into the woods and disappeared. Responded once to my calls, but not again. Even with a full moon it was too dark to find a black dog in the undergrowth. Looked for him monday morning with no luck and no responses again. My sister, brother in law and niece went up monday afternoon and looked for him with niece's dog but no sign of him either. I left out some food and water and will go back this weekend again, but I think he went off to die somewhere he was comfortable, he's always enjoyed it up there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users