149 replies to this topic

#41 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

Cynical Finnish Elk Eating Ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 1858 PM

Do not, under any circumstances, consent to a drinking game with a guy named "Sam". You will wake up a very long way from where you began drinking.

Uh..this advice is true also in real life....

#42 Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Kick me! I'm not allowed to hit back!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 1807 PM

Uh..this advice is true also in real life....

A fraternity brother of mine was on Semester Abroad in Prague, and woke up one morning in a ditch beside a country road, several miles from the city. No idea how he got there......

#43 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,682 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 1850 PM

A fraternity brother of mine was on Semester Abroad in Prague, and woke up one morning in a ditch beside a country road, several miles from the city. No idea how he got there......

So he starred in this movie?

...Inevitably, their good intentions soon give way to endless drinking, visits to local farm girls and much else besides...

#44 Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Kick me! I'm not allowed to hit back!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 1859 PM

So he starred in this movie?

...Inevitably, their good intentions soon give way to endless drinking, visits to local farm girls and much else besides...

It's really a pity he had no recollection of the night before, because it must have been truly epic.

#45 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 1513 PM

Aaarrgh! Even on the easiest setting I can not beat the crap out of the Gauldur brothers, when they are all together!
For the first time (in Skyrim), I have to back-track and reload a save before I have entered the cave...

#46 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 2219 PM

The only problem I've come across so far is that skill level-ups seem to be based on simple usage rather than on damage done (such as with bows). So by sneaking through enemy hideouts and killing basically everyone with one-shot sneak attacks I seem to be slowing my archery progression by about 1/3 compared to if I went through 'guns blazing' and fired on them normally.

#47 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 2010 PM

#48 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 0043 AM

Tried it for a little bit, can't get over ugly faces. Not my cup of tea...

#49 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 0313 AM

With the end of the month near I am looking forward to the release of the Construction Pack for Skyrim by Bethesda. Cant wait for the new mods to be churned out.

Posted Image

#50 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 2058 PM

Mounted combat coming in update 1.6 for Skyrim. Pretty excited about it because it will mean horses are not totally useless for once.

Got to say in my experience Skyrim has been by far the most stable Bethesda game I have played. I am running 60+ mods now and I can count all the crashes I have had since I bought the game on one hand . Makes for much more relaxed and enjoyable game play.

#51 JW Collins

JW Collins

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 2111 PM

I wish my game was that stable. Alt-tabbing always screws stuff up for me. Plus the volume is very low despite my best attempts to adjust it.

#52 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 2333 PM

It was only a matter of time I guess.

#53 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 2258 PM

They are coming out with a new DLC called "Dawnguard". It will feature a new perk tree for werewolves. You can join two different factions, the vampire faction and become a vampire lord, or join the Dawnguard and become a vampire hunter. Also they are finally introducing crossbows. Looks like a lot of fun.

#54 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 1517 PM

I guess everyone is to busy fighting tanks or the War of the roses. I bought Skyrim a couple of months ago and been spending more and more time in it. Have gone a bit mod crazy. Nexus has become my new BFF. If you are between girlfriend and have "needs" there is "Loverslab" for those other mods. Having fun as a drinking and womanizing Breton. Thank god they didn't have all of this when I was 18, I would never have left the house.

By far my favorite companion is this lady. fun fiesta and a good drinker! Although she is beginning to get jealous of my othr female companions.

I also enjoy some of the eye candy followers as well

Skyrim-%D0%A2%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%88.jpg

#55 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 0400 AM

I have not abandoned Skyrim. According to my Steam account I have put in 750 hours so far. I have well over a hundred mods installed. Have all the DLC but have not played through it all yet. So much to do in Skyrim. Colin may I suggest this website Skyrim Gems. It is a list of many out standing mods that have been well tested by the community and has links to the mods, most on Nexus,. The Nexus Mod Manager has been a very awesome addition to making installs and uninstalls of mods clean and smooth. I have very very very few crashes. Colin if you are having crashes I can link you to instructions on how to enable a log to be kept by the game so you can see what is causing the crashes. Also it is a great idea to run Skyrim BOSS to get your mods into the best order and to tell you if it detects any potential conflicts. Link here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6/?

May your path lead you to warm sands  :P

#56 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 2130 PM

Thanks I am running a couple of save cleaners, BOSS,SKSE, TESSedit,Wynre Bash. I will check out you link as well

Now this is my "Seal Team 6"  :)

2013-09-16_00008_zpsd1d715ba.jpg

#57 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 0613 AM

Obviously you dont fear the sight of a strong Nord woman. lol

#58 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 2314 PM

Just sharing a mod I came across that I quite like so far. It is a graphics mod like an ENB without the performance hit like ENB's tend to cause. 

http://www.nexusmods...&preview=&pUp=1

#59 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,945 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 1255 PM

Do you have "open cities" yet, very useful they have some useful memory changes there that really help stabilize the game.

#60 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 1055 AM

Do you have "open cities" yet, very useful they have some useful memory changes there that really help stabilize the game.

No, but I will take a look at it. Thanks.