Photo

Rip, Tanknetter Maxx (Typhoid Maxx Aka Vladan Zivojinovic)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,113 posts
  • Interests:Ducats and shot

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1734 PM

Maxx was a very dynamic person. These are his words to me from the last conversation I had with him, and I believe they reflect a side of Maxx not everyone here got to see, which is a true shame. 

Orthodox Christmas. May you be blessed with more light, may the bleakness ever go weaker, my you shine in the happiness of your nieces and nephews my you be aware you a friend that fully respects how much more of a decent human you are than events shaped you who you outclass in every aspect. Yours, Maxx

He had a gift.

I really anticipated him going very far in his journalism career.  His intellect combined with his experiences and pure moxie would've made him a name.

#42 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

Cynical Finnish Elk Eating Ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,538 posts
  • Interests:military, martial arts, wargames, literature

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1759 PM

To add:

I moved in with him on Monday. He had been happiest person ever after finding his new gf and me moving in. Cruelty of life is that he died within 5 days of me becoming his flatmate... 

Guess how I feel. Especially when I was with him during that fateful night, he was showing places around. I felt tired 2 am and he wanted to walk bit more (he suffered from insomnia). I was not too worried about him not coming back next day, since he often went to spend night in his mother's apartment. But then, late evening, police knocked the door and asked if I knew Vladan. And told he had been taken to nearby hospital in critical condition at 4 am previous night.

I keep you updated if it was accident or not. It kind of sucks to know that he'd probably be alive if I had stuck with him, but he was a-OK when I last saw him. *sigh*

Don't go there, it's not your fault. Be satisfied you were able to play a part in his new found happiness.

I know it's not my fault. But heart still aches. He was great guy to know.

#43 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1813 PM

... does not compute...

:mellow:

#44 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,547 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1843 PM

I can't wrap my head around the idea of Maxx Dying. In my mind he was granite, unbreakable.

#45 scj1014

scj1014

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Location:South Central Pennsylvania...exact location classified
  • Interests:Military history, paleontology, firearms, sci-fi, my wife and kids,sports,hunting,hiking

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1852 PM

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Condolences to friends and family...RIP.

#46 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1925 PM

All I can think and say is to echo the thoughts and words of previous posters. RIP.

Edited by Rick, 22 January 2016 - 1926 PM.

#47 Marek Tucan

Marek Tucan

Powerpoint Ranger, Chairborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1926 PM

I can't wrap my head around the idea of Maxx Dying. In my mind he was granite, unbreakable.

Yeah. After taking all life thrown at him and beating it, this is hard news to swallow. Let's just hope that wherever he went, he's at peace... Though the surroundings may not be!

#48 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1932 PM

Well shit -- really sorry about that. Rip.

#49 T19

T19

Love Life, hate Taxes

• Admin
  • 35,569 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, computers, Military History

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1932 PM

To add:

I moved in with him on Monday. He had been happiest person ever after finding his new gf and me moving in. Cruelty of life is that he died within 5 days of me becoming his flatmate... 

Guess how I feel. Especially when I was with him during that fateful night, he was showing places around. I felt tired 2 am and he wanted to walk bit more (he suffered from insomnia). I was not too worried about him not coming back next day, since he often went to spend night in his mother's apartment. But then, late evening, police knocked the door and asked if I knew Vladan. And told he had been taken to nearby hospital in critical condition at 4 am previous night.

I keep you updated if it was accident or not. It kind of sucks to know that he'd probably be alive if I had stuck with him, but he was a-OK when I last saw him. *sigh*

Don't go there, it's not your fault. Be satisfied you were able to play a part in his new found happiness.

I agree don't go there. It was his time. Life is a bitch like that He would see the humour in that.

#50 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

Cynical Finnish Elk Eating Ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,538 posts
  • Interests:military, martial arts, wargames, literature

Posted 22 January 2016 - 1957 PM

I got latest news from his brother Sasha.

This makes me feel bit better. Cause of death was massive cardiac arrest. And while they managed to overcome that in hospital, he was basically dead on arrival. Head trauma was secondary injury.

Thus, me being around or not would not have made much difference.

Edited by Sardaukar, 22 January 2016 - 1959 PM.

#51 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,186 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2001 PM

I would like to think that with the positive developments in his life, his heart was overwhelmed with joy and thus his cardiac arrest. Some people have cardiac arrest due to a broken heart. His might've been the opposite.

#52 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,002 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2033 PM

He was never my cup of tea, but he was definitely the kind of guy whom I'd give the shirt off of my back in a heartbeat if he was in need. RIP.

#53 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,186 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2103 PM

Don't forget to add him in our Hall of Remembrance.... Thanks MODERATOR and Staff in advance....

#54 T19

T19

Love Life, hate Taxes

• Admin
  • 35,569 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, computers, Military History

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2221 PM

This thread will be moved there once suitable time of morning has been completed

#55 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 22,030 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2229 PM

I would suggest that a fitting TN memorial to him would be the FFZ being named for him. Given how KingSgt got the mil history forum section.

#56 Guest_Jason L_*

Guest_Jason L_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2016 - 2251 PM

I've been sitting here a bit numb, maybe a bit teary, trying to come up with something to say but I'm at a loss.

I didn't know Maxx well but we spent a good afternoon together when I was laying over in London and going through a bit of a rough patch.

I'm glad it seems like he conquered some of his demons in the end even if things were cut short.

Goodbye friend.

#57 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts
  • Interests:S2 Branch & Rifle Platoon Runner

Posted 23 January 2016 - 0352 AM

RIP Maxx.

Never knew you, always thought you were an enigma.

Edited by chino, 23 January 2016 - 0542 AM.

#58 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,495 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 23 January 2016 - 0428 AM

I have refrained from contributing to this thread, I acknowledge that a loss of one of  us is a loss to all of us.  I do not believe in praying for the dead (it is not within my protestant belief system) but I do pray for Max's family and friends.  That they may be comforted in their loss.

I can hope that Max is in a better place though.

I look back, in my mind, if not actually going over recent posts, and wonder whether he knew that the moment of his passing was imminent.  If it was from a massive cardio event, there may have been signs and symptoms, his doctor may have told him to prepare himself.  His postings here showed that he wanted to be reconciled, to make peace, with those who he was not in friendship and fellowship with.  He addressed some very 'interesting' posts to specific people, and said that this would be the last opportunity to be in communion with him, even if he did not use those words.  I suspect that he knew what was coming. 

We all know what is coming eventually, maybe he knew more specifically, which is in some ways a blessing, and made some choices.

Those choices were a blessing on us, even those who did not know him at all well, but who read his posts wondering what was going on.

Goodbye Max, not your real name, but the name that you chose for yourself here.  I pray for your family and friends, for your children, and their mother.  God bless them.

Edited by DougRichards, 23 January 2016 - 0429 AM.

#59 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,118 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 0630 AM

My Grandfather had a similar problem and yes, Im of the impression he know what was coming. He did odd things like giving me things from collection, or throwing out clutter that had been in a cupboard 20 years. So yes, maybe, even unconsciously, he was clearing the decks as it were.

In the about two years leading up to my father's death we jokingly asked if he was ill several times, because he was acting unusual. Post mortem cancer in his liver was found. When alive that is hard to diagnose because the liver is such a relatively dense organ and the cancer is hard to differentiate from the liver tissue.

So yeah we were right and subconsciously he had known. :(

heart strokes do strike suddenly for the patient, but can be seen on electro cardiogram long beforehand because of irregularities in the diagrams. But who makes those constantly? So yeah, could be that he had felt it coming in a subliminal way.

Edited by Panzermann, 23 January 2016 - 0632 AM.

#60 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 0659 AM

Frankly, my first thought at seeing the thread title was that he had made his own exit after settling all scores. Which evidently is not just not what happened, but there would never have been less reason than now per Sardaukar's account.

As others have suggested, my next expectation was that he would have succumbed to an epic fight involving heavies of at least three different nationalities, and possibly some demonic manifestations, while beating the last remaining attacker with the severed head of another. Doubtlessly he was really much more normal than that; I regret much more now that Sunday was the only one of the 2013 I&I crew to meet him in London.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users