205 replies to this topic

#61 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 1928 PM

I find that the Tenryu is either feast or famine.  If anyone you are playing knows how to aim, you die in one or two volleys thanks to a citadel that I swear extends a couple feet beyond the the bow and stern.  If you run into a gang that can't shoot straight you can rake in the xp and credits.

The Tenryu is rubbish.  If anything coughs at you you lose half your modules, especially the rudder, propulsion, or both.  The St Louis, given the current shitty meta which is HE/fire spam, wipes the floor with the Tenryu.

#62 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 2010 PM

First game in Kawachi.

Player GGO_HappyWaffles is on my team and in a DD.  Kills a friendly about 1m into the game (when his torps are loaded).  A minute later I get the torp warning message... from behind me... on the opposite side of where any enemy is.

It's him.

Fucker is firing on his team all game and openly admitting it in chat.

Go to the report function afterwards and my only options are 'plays poorly', 'misbehaves in chat', and 'bot'.

/facepalm

#63 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 0732 AM

I continue to find that the only to way enjoy any of there games, Tanks, Planes or Ships, is to turn my 45 years of college and self teaching in history OFF as I sign in otherwise I get nothing but frustrated. The only thing the Tanks, Planes and Ships and parts have in relationship to history is the names and images. The statistics are entirely based on game balance and nothing else.

That is of course IMHO and recognize YMMV.

#64 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1128 AM

I find that the Tenryu is either feast or famine.  If anyone you are playing knows how to aim, you die in one or two volleys thanks to a citadel that I swear extends a couple feet beyond the the bow and stern.  If you run into a gang that can't shoot straight you can rake in the xp and credits.

The Tenryu is rubbish.  If anything coughs at you you lose half your modules, especially the rudder, propulsion, or both.  The St Louis, given the current shitty meta which is HE/fire spam, wipes the floor with the Tenryu.

In my St Louis I try to engage the enemy BB on the opposite side of our BB that is engaging it. They will always focus on the BB and would have to rotate their turrets to wipe me out, meanwhile I bleed them dry in no time.

#65 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1626 PM

I love how in my Kawachi my biggest fear isn't a DD or another BB but a St Louis.  He just has to hold down the fire button while spamming HE (aiming?  what's that?!) while my shots, actually lined up, go everywhere but where I want them to.  I've had post-battle reports with 2 hits out of 28 shots, 22 out of 100, and 16 out of 68.

Just... shit... design.  Period.

#66 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1632 PM

What I don't get is one turret fires 2 perfectly pair shots which if they hit do a lot of damage and the other turret fires 2 shots that barely going the same direction and land far apart. It almost seems that firing broadside reduces accuracy as opposed to turret by turret?

I am the king of straddle shots

#67 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1642 PM

I distinctly remember two full broadsides last night that went everywhere around my target (in front, to the left and right, inbetween masts/turrets/towers and to the far side) with not a single hit.  It was like I was in the Matrix for ships and firing at Neo.  :glare:

Right now I'm averaging 24k dmg per battle in my tier 3 BB while my tier 2 CL grind finished at 45k dmg per battle...  :blink:  (A big reason for the difference is a 52% hit rate in the latter with guns I don't have to aim and just a 23% hit rate in the former with guns that I have to hit in the right spot to do dmg.)

Edited by Skywalkre, 03 July 2015 - 1646 PM.

#68 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1852 PM

Skywalkre your mistake is you are aiming for the enemy ship.  Aim any where else and you got them.  :D

#69 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1853 PM

I'm half tempted to run down that training room mod again and load up a scenario where I aim center mass waterline on a ship and compare the number of hits to aiming at its front most and rear most points.  I'm going to bet the differences in hit % will be rather small.  :glare:

#70 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 1911 PM

I was going to compliment the OB launch on at least one thing: low tier spread games.

Then I moved up to the Myogi.  Two straight games, stock, against carriers in a ship with no AA.  Even better, my last game featured one carrier, on the enemy team, that was tier 7...

Anyone see something wrong with that?

Don't worry, still a beta... even though this has been an issue for months with MM... but they'll notice it sometime... maybe... :glare:

#71 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 2111 PM

Just had a battle with my S. Carolina where I hit 43 out of 116 shells fired.  Doesn't seem that bad.  Of course it was a good game for me even if I blew it at the end. 

#72 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 2141 PM

I'm actually going to try and get in closer.  I never once saw 'Close Quarters Expert' awarded in CB.  I've now seen it 3 times today (myself being one of them).

#73 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 2231 PM

Just killed 4 ships in mine, earned over 3,000 XP and 127,000 credits. Seems like my screenshots are not saving to the folder since OB?

#74 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,358 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 0024 AM

TOR PEEEEE DOOOOOOOO SPAM-MER!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

#75 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 0150 AM

Actually terrible with torps, did most with guns

#76 Mistral

Mistral

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1023 AM

Played 50 games so far in the open beta,  almost 65% win rate, was at 51% in closed beta.  The number of players who park their ships behind an island, and then try to move forward, fire a broadside and then reverse to cover is incredible.  Definitely wot players  :P

#77 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1154 AM

Holy... the St Louis just screams OP.  17k and 19k dmg from fires alone in my first two games.  That's almost approaching total average dmg in my Kawachi.  :glare:

After playing low tiers I can't help but wonder if they should just remove range limitations all together and just have weapon accuracy be the deciding factor.  A stock St Louis is in a lot of pain against one that has the range upgrade.  While only a km at the short ranges where that difference comes into play you can actually hit a fair number of shots and gain quite the advantage.

Edit: Just looked closer.  83k damage total in that game... from a tier 3... :blink:

Edited by Skywalkre, 04 July 2015 - 1155 AM.

#78 kamel

kamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1159 AM

Going one on one in Kawashi vs St Louis appears to be a losing proposition.  The St Lou gets constant small damage and starts fires...  the Kawashi can miss the St lou completely with an entire broadside at 5km.  Repeatedly.

#79 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1213 PM

Going one on one in Kawashi vs St Louis appears to be a losing proposition.  The St Lou gets constant small damage and starts fires...  the Kawashi can miss the St lou completely with an entire broadside at 5km.  Repeatedly.

Yep.  The clear favorite in that matchup is the St Louis, by a mile.

I just had my second straight 80k dmg game in the St Louis.  I'm averaging 70k dmg in the three games I've played in it.  Meanwhile, my tier 3 and 4 BBs are averaging both around 30k dmg.  Low tier BBs need a lot of work.

#80 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 1250 PM

Just killed 4 ships in mine, earned over 3,000 XP and 127,000 credits. Seems like my screenshots are not saving to the folder since OB?

To be fair I didn't play mine as aggressively as I should have.  I think I'm still influenced by experiences early in CB when secondaries on BBs were decent (and the DD bug which caused them to get 1-shot all the time) so I'm hesitant to close in and release torps on enemy ships.

I'm trying to rectify that.  In my first game just now in the Omaha I charged a low tier BB head-on.  Given how targeting works in this game I'm presenting such a small profile that the odds of him hitting me are nil.  On top of that with all the HE fire his secondaries were likely knocked out and even if they were working the range on the low tier ones is painfully low (as mentioned above, low tier BBs need a lot of work right now).  So I charged head-on to 3km, turned, let loose my torps, and 1-shot him.  Looking back I could have been more successful in the Tenryu if I tried that.

Edited by Skywalkre, 04 July 2015 - 1251 PM.

Reply to this topic