Photo

Meanwhile In The Baltic Republics And Poland...

• Please log in to reply
2781 replies to this topic

#2781 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,549 posts

Posted 41 minutes ago

Thanks God this people are no more Russian burden to carry - now they are free to play their ethnic games on own expense, and it is question of time they discover they are actually in the middle of nowhere as old Soviet infrastructure decaying while new Russian infrastructure making their ports and rail redundant. I see no reason to put them on our back again. If they are your responsibility - you could feed them if you want, but now UK is leaving EU indicating your will to feed nations somewhere far away is limited

as i look out of my window at the moment i look at (probably part ukrainian) working crews finishing replacing my village central heating pipes. beacuse the old soviet system built in the end of 1980´s was built upon the usual soviet pohhuizm and was probably leading contributor to global warming.  :)​ new central heating will also run on wood pellets since it´s cheaper and is not dependent on highly risky supplier as russia.

and heat price is 25% lower. 

Thank you for providing this picture of what was once heavy industry and science region of USSR transforming itself into ethnic village paradise, with wood pellets replacing nuclear power stations and NG. May be it is what locals want, but i personally can't name it progress. Still, we are lucky it is not our problem anymore. But let me point out two things in your description:
1) "the old soviet system built in the end of 1980´s was built upon the usual soviet pohhuizm" (for our international audience, " pohhuizm" could be translated as "f* off style") was still good enough to last almost 40 years - quite a good result for metal central heating pipes. Of course modern plastic-covered pipes with modern insulation like ones used now in Russia to upgrade old systems are far better in saving energy, but it is still unclear what would happen to them in 40 years;
2) Note evil USSR provided village in Soviet Estonia with central heating, while many villages in Central Russia were still using firewood. That is one of practical indication of how USSR was sponsoring regions least deserving it on expense of core regions. Now this policy is gone.

lord knows they deserve it, after finishing most important projects , like worlds largest cathedrals and patriot parks , they can finally turn their eyes to minor problems, like spending 12,2 billion roubles building in-door WC-s in russian schools. https://www.interfax.ru/russia/678568   :P​ 

For those who can't read Russian - this article is not exactly about "in-door WCs" but about upgrading WCs to modern standards. According to this article, 5.2% of Russian schools are not connected to sewage network - but it is normal for village/small city conditions to have own sewage for the building. Taking into account some of Russian schools are located in settlements only helicopter could reach for most of the year, this percentage is surprisingly low.

#2782 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,549 posts

Posted 31 minutes ago

and for the west - if we can keep the peace here for the next 20-30 years, the most problems of the baltic states will go away. local russians by that time will be 2 generations separated from russia and their numbers and percentage  will drop by natural causes to more normal levels.

What "normal level" for ethnic Russians is set in your country? Do you also have "normal level" for Jews, for example? )