• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#221 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,228 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1356 PM

Lets be clear before I start, Im not accusing you of being a Fascist. I hope I made that clear.

There are a variety of folks on the left who cast certain commentators as EXTREME right. When those commentators are advocates of freedom of expression and other enlightenment values there's NOTHING extreme about them. Trying to lump them in with Nazis is doubly disingenuous if not other less polite things.

The point you are missing is that just because someone is telling you what you believe, does not mean they are not bundling it with a lot of other shit you dont believe but may, at length, come to accept as truth. That is what the far right calls Red Pilling.

STOP. Again.

FAR RIGHT. Who's Far Right? People who have been red pilled by the left? When democrats I know get othered because they didn't sign on board with some subjective test they get treated in the most vile way possible. That's a red pill moment. When the realize that the lefts mantra of inclusion and acceptance isn't actually that. I had that moment myself years ago. Bill Clinton red pilled me with his behavior and what sorts of laws he signed.

That doesn't make me FAR RIGHT.

Kindly define the aspects of what makes someone extreme or far if you're going to cast such aspersions.

Also stop trying to act like there's dangerous knowledge that people should not hear.

Opening your eyes to 'the truth', in much the same way the Nazi's opened peoples eyes to 'The Truth' with the protocols of the elders of zion, or The Triumph of the Will.

Bad logic. There are many things that people call truth. Just because there are moments of  political epiphany based on how you've been treated by a given set of rules or laws doesn't mean that you're suddenly a Nazi.

Yes, you are too sophisticated to be taken in by such things.

If you took the time to actually LISTEN to someone like Sargon talk to Richard Spencer and object to any number of the things that Spencer had to say, you'd understand that they are as the same as oil and water.

I think it's evident you dislike Sargon because you've taken your 'truth' from the folks who say you should dislike Sargon. These are the same folks who will say that Winston Churchill is problematic. This is under scored in how you never seem to actually address logical points he makes and instead resort to fallacious logic to support your dislike.

Edited by rmgill, 15 October 2018 - 1400 PM.

#222 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 22,228 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1454 PM

Same principles in action here.

#223 TTK Ciar

TTK Ciar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,900 posts
  • Interests:material engineering, composite armor, GPC, battletank technology

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1527 PM

Just wanted to chime in here to make a quick assertion, take it or leave it.

I'm glad to have friends in a diversity of camps -- left, right, anarchists, military, etc etc.

My lefty friends give me the side-eye for some of my politics (pro-capitalism, pro-RKBA, anti-nannystate), but they don't hold my white maleness against me because they've seen that I can be "part of the solution", promoting civil rights, treating women with respect and the like.

The left is not against white males in general, but rather make a distinction between white males who are part of the problem and white males who are part of the solution.

There are pundits pushing a narrative that the left is waging some sort of war against all white males, but don't believe it. They're playing you. The truth is more complex than they want you to think.

#224 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 22,228 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1545 PM

The left is not against white males in general, but rather make a distinction between white males who are part of the problem and white males who are part of the solution.

I have had a distinctly different experience based on my rather broad intrusion into left leaning groups in my social circles. Just by way of my working as staff for Dragon Con (a large sci-fi fandom convention in Atlanta) I know a lot of more left leaning folks. We had an issue this past year where the fantasy lit track director tried to get several authors cancelled. This didn't fly as she's not in charge of that. But it was all very clearly based on political views and race and gender were very much part of it. The Sad Puppies conflict was more or less centered around this factor too.

There are pundits pushing a narrative that the left is waging some sort of war against all white males, but don't believe it. They're playing you. The truth is more complex than they want you to think.

It's more complex but you know what comes out of some of MANY discussions and arguments I've had? 'You don't know what you're talking about because you're [white or male or cis-gender]!'

The strident defense of race quotas also support this. The fact that when you REALLY dig deep you can find that they don't WANT equality, they want to flop who they think dominates society. 2nd Wave Feminists like Camille Paglia and Christina Hoff Summers point this stuff out.

Edited by rmgill, 15 October 2018 - 1548 PM.

#225 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 22,228 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1547 PM

#226 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 28,059 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1620 PM

I have had a distinctly different experience based on my rather broad intrusion into left leaning groups in my social circles. Just by way of my working as staff for Dragon Con (a large sci-fi fandom convention in Atlanta) I know a lot of more left leaning folks. We had an issue this past year where the fantasy lit track director tried to get several authors cancelled. This didn't fly as she's not in charge of that. But it was all very clearly based on political views and race and gender were very much part of it. The Sad Puppies conflict was more or less centered around this factor too.

It's more complex but you know what comes out of some of MANY discussions and arguments I've had? 'You don't know what you're talking about because you're [white or male or cis-gender]!'

The strident defense of race quotas also support this. The fact that when you REALLY dig deep you can find that they don't WANT equality, they want to flop who they think dominates society. 2nd Wave Feminists like Camille Paglia and Christina Hoff Summers point this stuff out.

Yeah, sorry TTK, that has NOT been my experience unless I was willing to prostrate myself and beg forgiveness for my white, male, cisgender-ness, which isn't going to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users