The Swedes are here with lights and TD's

#3943 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 2204 PM

Just played 7 games in a mix of light, medium and heavy tanks. 7 times blown up. 7 times lost.

#3944 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 1258 PM

Finally! Strv!

#3945 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,697 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 2125 PM

Ikv 103!

#3946 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 0812 AM

I am LAGO!

#3947 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 1134 AM

Lower tiers look like a swedish civil war. :D

#3948 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 2149 PM

Sandbox will actually get a second iteration.  The changes will apparently be smaller with gameplay closer to the live version.  Unfortunately they're sticking with the arty stun mechanic for now.  :glare:

Was verifying the above info when I came across this WG page:

http://worldoftanks....ser/17/wg-fest/

If you peruse all the upcoming changes you'll note the following:

• No platoons with vehicles that are more than three tiers apart: The improved matchmaker simply won’t let players create them. The system of XP Bonuses & Penalties will be updated accordingly: there will be no penalties because creating a +/-3 Platoon will be technically impossible.
  • Fewer easy wins and quick losses caused by the uneven distribution of vehicle types between teams will become a thing of the past. In the future, the matchmaker will spread vehicles types across two teams more evenly.

EXAMPLE: The current system might balance two teams with five TDs against six heavy tanks. The enhanced system spreads vehicles across the teams so that both have TDs and heavy tanks. Though this doesn’t necessarily mean there’ll always be equal numbers of identical classes (e.g., a team with three TDs/two heavy tanks against a team with three TDs and three heavy tanks).

• Artillery: The improvement will limit these to a maximum of three per team.

All good changes, but... how many fucking years did it take to implement the above?  Just pathetic it took this long to do something that was so obvious from basically day 1.

Edited by Skywalkre, 19 December 2016 - 2149 PM.

#3949 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 1400 PM

I get annoyed with platoons one tier apart, as MM looks at the highest tier In the platoon, so you regularly end up with a four tier (non scout) spread on your team.

I always thought the maxim 5 artillery on a team was stupid high.  Agree it should have been three all along.

#3950 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 0201 AM

I get annoyed with platoons one tier apart, as MM looks at the highest tier In the platoon, so you regularly end up with a four tier (non scout) spread on your team.

I always thought the maxim 5 artillery on a team was stupid high.  Agree it should have been three all along.

Its even more annoying when you are one of those arties and you waste shell after shell on dead targets because the genius in a GWTiger doesn't know how to "T", and seconds after he blew an enemy apart your shell hits it for 0 to 25 hit points. is no pleasure when there´s too many of us.

#3951 nexus6

nexus6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 2033 PM

same shitty matchmaker

same shitty penetration mecahnics

same shitty small maps

same shitty 3 tier spread in every battle

same shitty ... ffs i cant be bothereed spelling it all out

they built a tank game that showed some potential in Beta. hasnt really impreved much since.

#3952 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 2306 PM

I had a blast playing it, up until the day I didn't.  Still quasi follow it but know nothing they can do will ever make me reinstall it.

#3953 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 0635 AM

+1.

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson, 28 December 2016 - 0635 AM.

#3954 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 1634 PM

Latest version of SB is out.  Updating now.

No idea if there's an NDA.  Will ignore it if there is to hopefully counter the morons that got everything wrong last time.

Edit: Initial reaction is similar to early SB experience last time - no gold rounds yet the game is playable even as a medium.  First games have been in the 50M.  Last match I dished out 4k dmg while blocking 2.3k.  Sadly, when gold rounds start showing up, that latter figure will likely be close to 0.

While I'm enjoying these first few games my gut feeling is WG is missing the issue, gold rounds, just like last time and I'm experiencing a better version of WoT on accident yet again.

Oh well.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by Skywalkre, 19 January 2017 - 1711 PM.

#3955 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 1822 PM

Second game in the Leo 1 I'm one-shot by arty.  Still a dumb class.  Still beyond frustrating that such an outcome is possible.  Also, large alpha TDs are equally as frustrating.  No reason I should be losing 1/3 of my hps in a tier 10 heavy from one shot.  It's amusing because AW has learned the above two lessons and are addressing them in their big rebalance.  It's a shame because if only we could take the best of both WoT and AW (which is AW's fault for blowing an easy opportunity to do so) we'd have ourselves a great game.

Edit: WG noz how 2 pro test server. 

We have all the tier 10s but only enough credits to outfit 3-4.  Just played a game in the Kraken and topped dmg on the winning team with no equipment.  At the rate I'm making credits I'll be able to outfit it completely in, oh... a week.  :glare:

Edit 2: Done playing for the day since I have no credits.  Starting to look around at the feedback and it's... amusing.  So much vitriol and even better it's from folks that, when I'm able to tell, haven't even played on the SB.  :lol:

FCO, weren't you saying something about your recent stint back and how so many purples now are effectively fakes beating up on an overall worse playerbase since so many of the real ones have quit?  These folks are livid they can't press 2 in their medium and frontally pen everything in the game at max range.  It's frustrating to try and engage them but hilarious all at the same time.  :lol:

Edited by Skywalkre, 19 January 2017 - 1855 PM.

#3956 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 2125 PM

Pretty much; all the big purples in NA are just rerolls or WN8 whores who only play tanks that can abuse the system to get a high 60-day score. The meta changed so much that I was a teal recent, which was getting me nowhere. The purple players, unless they were old-timers, were all so salty and only cared about their damage at the expense of playing matches. Platooning wasn't fun anymore, which led me to quit again. The gold spam by those guys was unreal, because the clans didn't make enough gold to keep a steady supply through playing the game and they weren't playing tournaments either, so all that gold spam was cold hard cash.

#3957 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 2317 PM

That probably explains why so many active posters on wotlabs have similar if not worse overall scores than me but their recent is dark purple.  If they were really that good their overall would be up there as well.  Just... sad how chasing a made-up number for a game has become the obsession of so many. 

Edit: I guess if you're right, FCO, that would also mean all the cries out there about WG being obsessed with the Acc and pen-drop off changes is solely due to their desire to increase player spending.

That's really a shame.  We could have a great game from WG (and if they went that route folks would give them money).  Instead it seems they're obsessed with a short term boost to their cash flow instead.

Edited by Skywalkre, 20 January 2017 - 0800 AM.

#3958 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 1022 AM

Interesting that without gold rounds (though a few folks probably have 1-2 per game now) TDs are dominating so far.  The map selection probably helps, though.  Mostly Prok, Karelia, and Steppes.

Also, this isn't a SB change, but did they drastically cut back on mobility across the board in the last two years?  Everything feels sluggish, even the mediums.

#3959 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 1817 PM

Arty alone is killing the experience on this test.  WG has a choice - kill off the class or continue to enjoy all the hate spewed their way on the forums (along with more and more good players leaving).  Not really that hard to comprehend.

#3960 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 1304 PM

Haven't played the SB since my last post.  Arty really kills any mood and WoW released their new raid zone so I've been playing it mostly.  I am, however, still keeping up with the discussion around it and... wow.  It's fascinating to see how extreme folks go with their arguments, way past any sensible point, when they're mad about something (in short, it's like reading the FFZ but about WoT). 

Over on wotlabs, which is supposed to have a higher standard, someone made a comment that with the new accuracy system he could be fully aimed in on an enemy at 100m and half his shots go into the dirt.  That's just not even close to accurate.  Maybe if he had said 500m he'd be more on the ball but no one called him out on it and that comment is on par with what many of the other folks have been saying.

Was just watching a video by someone named Foch (who I vaguely remember, think he's a popular EU streamer) and he was commenting about current accuracy and just pulled some ridiculous number out of his ass (was about the % hit chance of a Leo 1 on the LFP of an IS-7).  I know it was BS because just the day before I saw one of the math contributors over on wotlabs talk about accuracy results they calculated a while back (the point that .3-.4 basically had almost no meaningful difference at long range) and they actually had real % numbers.

Just... a shame that it seems no matter where you go, no matter the subject, honest and real discussion just seems dead.

Reply to this topic