4050 replies to this topic

#4021 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 0313 AM

I wasted around 200 days of premium, because the game no longer was fun. I had fun playing BF1, FIFA, Bio Shock and Command since then. If you look jsut a BF1 and buy the game including premium for all current and future DLCs, it is pretty cheap if you consider the quality of the game. Everything and I mean everything is better. The battles are fantastic, the graphics stunning, the balancing solid and the maps well designed.

#4022 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 1717 PM

I didn't walk away from that much premium time but I did leave a garage full of premiums to molder.  I haven't really found any game that has come close to keeping me as interested since I stopped playing WoT but I have managed to find enjoyable ways to fill the time I used to devote to it.

#4023 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 2036 PM

What's sad is WoT is still the best game of this genre out there right now.  (That's not saying much, though.)

I know most folks argue that the NA market just doesn't care for games like this.  I'm wondering if that's really true and instead the issue is we just haven't been given a good game yet.  The NA server had upwards of 50k users online concurrently back a year after it started.  That's double what the server pulls now.  If NA was given a game minus all the aspects of WoT that piss us off why couldn't that figure go higher (and sustain itself for a few years)?

Edited by Skywalkre, 11 June 2017 - 2042 PM.

#4024 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 1708 PM

What's sad is WoT is still the best game of this genre out there right now.  (That's not saying much, though.)

I know most folks argue that the NA market just doesn't care for games like this.  I'm wondering if that's really true and instead the issue is we just haven't been given a good game yet.  The NA server had upwards of 50k users online concurrently back a year after it started.  That's double what the server pulls now.  If NA was given a game minus all the aspects of WoT that piss us off why couldn't that figure go higher (and sustain itself for a few years)?

i wholeheartedly agree.  WoT is the only tank game worth playing that isn't SB ( i have Dirt Rally and other rally Sims i dont have time for SB i just don't) WT is just... god awful. And AW is a classic example of how to flush every advantage you could have had over your competitors down the toilet. It would seem like the NA market doesn't seem to like games like this. They all seemed addicted ti Tiangang or w/e's atrocity LoL's and Dota. Games i personally can't stand. Even WoW is an improvement over those casual games, and i don't like wow. NA server population? Night time is 3k. Day time around 8-12k @ its busiest. Game is dying off.

#4025 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 1929 PM

https://thearmoredpa...ng-dissolution/

WHAT!? You mean buying that bank would/could eventually lead to money laundering in Cyprus? WG would never... Right?  Kek

How is this even a surprise to people? This is almost standard practice to Multinational corporations. You have to hide your money well before you get taxed to high hell.

#4026 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 1945 PM

All i needed to hear :)

#4027 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 0106 AM

https://modshop.milkym4n.com/

WoT's No 1 Remodeler for NA EU just quit. Yanked all his stuff down and disappeared.

#4028 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 1402 PM

So... has WoT done this before?  Have they added pure fantasy vehicles (and I'm not talking about paper designs that never saw a prototype, I'm talking about vehicles from games/movies/etc.) before on the Asia server or elsewhere?  :blink:

Kudos to QB for calling this P2W shit out for what it is.  I doubt his claim about the dev in charge being clueless is accurate, though.  Seems pretty clear at this point it's a concerted strategy on WG's part.  :glare:

#4029 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 0938 AM

Good grief.

#4030 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 1134 AM

At least in WoWs the anime crossovers were just reskinned tech tree ships that could be earned by fairly simple, if grindy, missions.

#4031 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 0159 AM

SEA server only for fake OP anime tanks. Not coming to any other server..... yet

#4032 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 1552 PM

While lurking in the WoT subreddit I came across two very interesting articles from the same author who helped research the Swedish lines:

https://ritastatusre...ure/#more-38391

https://ritastatusre...wedish-heavies/

The first one is key.  In short he states WoT used to adhere to strict historical data whenever possible (in particular in regards to armor).  I remember right around the time I quit playing they had just started doing the HD reworks of tanks with even more accurate and historical armor layouts.  In the past tanks were then balanced via soft stats with these hard stats being set in stone.

Apparently the old balance team was fired some time back and a new guy named Murazor took over as lead (a name that's met with derision on the WoT subreddit).  Under his leadership historical characteristics have been thrown in the trash.  Armor, engines, guns, basically everything is possibly made up to fit the vision of the game he wants.  All of this is even more amusing because since these changes occurred (which were the underlying reasons behind the Foch scandal a few weeks back) the universal impression I'm getting from reading the subreddit is that balance is the worst it's ever been.

Anywho, just reinforces how it was good for me to step away when I did.  I actually reinstalled the game a few weeks back to look around but didn't play.  I already knew the game was moving more and more towards P2W.  Now it appears it's moving more and more towards fantasy as well.

Edited by Skywalkre, 26 June 2017 - 1604 PM.

#4033 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 1532 PM

I still haven't played since that game in my Panther M10.. and you know what? I'm glad. Moved that time wasted into working out and reinstalled fallout New Vegas. Plastered on over 100 mods. I am once again having fun. So long WG.... i seriously won't miss it. (i dont mind WoWS) So that means i can add my account to the 7 others i have control of but never use. Must be over 500$ of prems across all those accounts. Oh well.

#4034 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 2130 PM

Murazor = Russian SirFoch, basically shitposter followed for his "edgy" views. Then he got a job at WG. Go figure.

Edited by bojan, 28 June 2017 - 2131 PM.

#4035 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 1115 AM

Yeah, I heard his big complaint before becoming a dev was heavies should be able to shrug off everything from the front.  Once he got hired, instead of addressing the real issue of gold ammo, he apparently made his wish come true by throwing out historical armor levels to make his wet dream a reality.

Reading of what's become of this game... I don't get why so many are sticking with it.

#4036 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 1222 PM

Cause it is still fun enough to play for me. It is slow enough FPS in a style I like, and I play almost no other games.

#4037 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 1703 PM

Cause it is still fun enough to play for me. It is slow enough FPS in a style I like, and I play almost no other games.

WoT is niche. Always has been. And many of us only played/still play because it continues to be despite everything wrong with the meta of current gameplay. It is what it is. I'm probably one of the youngest patrons of this site, and i just do not have the time anymore. I'm not 17 anymore. We have lives beyond the PC screens. :P

#4038 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 1857 PM

https://thearmoredpa...n-tds-and-is-7/

https://thearmoredpa...t-st-t-44-ltwt/

https://thearmoredpa...-changes-armor/

Classic WG...... You have problem with Sovijet Stronk comrade? Introducing new improved RU tonks. Very Stronk

Tired of OP premiums? Have 7 RU hover meds? Having another one!! With a Stock 85mm with better stats. BUFFS FOR RU MEDS!!!

This is amusing to say the least. Seems WG has decided to change..... Nothing. Uptiering the OP T-44-85

Edited by Avalon12, 13 July 2017 - 1901 PM.

#4039 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 0749 AM

I don't really see an issue except buff of Obj.140.

IS-7 needed buff. None took it anymore in any sort of competitive play. Compare it to E5 or Chinese heavies it totally disappointed.

268 also, it was made totally obsolete by Grille (I don't remember when it was last time I saw it in CW).

I don't see issue with T-44 lightweight, it was stated some time ago they will introduce premiums for every branch (light, medium, heavy TD) of the major nations. I just hope new nations will follow.

BTW, they missed significant buffs to M46/48/60 (more mantlet and front turret armor, lower profile TC cupola for 48/60), Type 59 buff (better aim time and gun handling) etc.

#4040 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 1115 AM

^ Gameplay wise i totally agree. PR wise may not  have been the wisest thing to do as many people are upset over RU meds in general right now. (along with that upcoming new RU med, whose name i can't remember right now)

M46/48/60 buffs are likely well appreciated

I missed  the part where they want 1 of each class as prems for all nations.

Edited by Avalon12, 14 July 2017 - 1119 AM.

Reply to this topic