With all these extra parts around and my obsession with not wasting anything, I figured I'd make another pc.
I also wanted a new system to run my neurofeedback software, since it strains the cpu on the laptop I currently have it installed on.
So far here are the parts for it:
Thermaltake Versa H17 chassis
ASUS M5A78L-M Plus USB3 motherboard
8gb ram dd3 (was on the desktop. when I added 16gb of ram to it I figured that was enough)
Thermaltake Smart 500W PowerPoint
Silenx 140mm fan x2
HP 22eb monitor
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Windows 10 home edition
Took me a while but mainly because of rookie errors and mishaps. Including:
1) dropping the old CPU and having to reform the pins.
2) not connecting the panel switches onto the right places of the motherboard.
3) TAKING OFF THE FRONT PANEL. They say "don't muscle it." It would've never came off without it.
4) getting the cooler to latch into the board.
5) not realizing the cpu needs power too and figuring out that you can take apart the 8 pin cable.
6) thermal paste is tricky or at least I'm OCD about it.
7) PCI slots weren't aligned well with the ports in the chassis. I'm a little concerned about that.
Installed windows and it runs well. Check the pics below.
This was kind of addicting...
Edited by Stargrunt6, 21 July 2019 - 1021 AM.