3923 replies to this topic

#3921 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,547 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 14 October 2018 - 0632 AM

Sorry Chris but moar gear is not what happens in non enthusiast worlds. Certainly not insecure ones like yours. Its a challenge getting simple things to underfunded users so its always foucussing on skills and squeaking out less than ideal gear. But gear is a good blankie for those with money.

You mean procurement but i think Chris means private pleasure shooting. Maybe therein lies the difference.

#3922 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,399 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 14 October 2018 - 1857 PM

My country is very in debt. My guys arent even getting enough of anything thanks to the snake oil salesmen from Yurrup. Most of them just kickback their way. All French and UK companies do this.

#3923 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,834 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1240 PM

I can see where you are coming from Simon, but I don't think kit vs skill is a binary choice. I think you need both, but that the latter can dramatically reduce the amount of skill required to achieve a given outcome and, in many cases, make an otherwise impossible outcome possible. I take your point about expense, and not all militaries are equal, but, in the great scheme of things, the cost of giving a soldier a decent optic or optics vs not doing so is probably not even a rounding error in the cost of training, equipping and maintaining an infantry battalion. The potential lost opportunity cost of not doing so is often going to be huge.

#3924 Daan

Daan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 1302 PM

The Iraqi PMU put an upscaled RPG-7 into production:

vent-holes.png

https://www.thefirea...-up-scaled-rpg/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users