#241 Ken Estes

Ken Estes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 0937 AM

Well, here I am at the end of the line, just finishing up the index:

CZ0DAR.jpg

It's been a nice run since 2000, but I have had enough, and am glad to settle back and read more vice slave over multiyear projects.

Cheers!

#242 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 1817 PM

Start on the Soviet side of heavies next year?

#243 Ken Estes

Ken Estes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 1845 PM

Not a chance. I don't do languages that require new alphabets as well.

#244 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 1233 PM

...and Pre-ordered. I try to purchase as many TankNetters' books as possible if for no other reason than I've never been disappointed by a book written by one.

#245 Ken Estes

Ken Estes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 0718 AM

Do let me know what you think, FCO!

#246 Inhapi

Inhapi

Wielder of the Unicorn Hat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 1423 PM

Nice one !!!!

#247 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 0723 AM

Killed spammers here.  

#248 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,956 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 0432 AM

Ken asked for my address some time ago to send me his "German Heavy Fighting Vehicles", and in a later mail advised generously that he had just shipped a total of six books for Dave Clark and me to share. So when the packet arrived, I just took out the top one to read directly. As can be expected, it's very interesting, though Ken rightly gripes that the publisher separated the picture spread of the Saumur Tiger II from the description of the walkthrough. As he has alluded to, this is the definitive fan service book for admirers of heavy German WW II AFVs.

Only when Dave showed up to collect his share I found that rather than six of these, Ken had packed two each of it, his "European Anabasis" on West European volunteers in the Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS, and "We will not go to Tuapse" by former Walloon volunteer Fernand Kaisergruber, which he edited. If I thought "German Heavy Fighting Vehicles" interesting, I found it hard to put "European Anabasis" down. Part of that is probably that I'm more interested in the subject, but then this is straight the best book I've seen on it - both encompassing and detailed while still reasonably compact, drawing on lots of personal interview with veterans over the years, and above all well-written, a rare combination.

Many thanks again, Ken. I still have to broach "We will not go to Tuapse".

#249 Benjamin Etxaburu

Benjamin Etxaburu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 1424 PM

Well, here I am at the end of the line, just finishing up the index:

[photo enticing book]

It's been a nice run since 2000, but I have had enough, and am glad to settle back and read more vice slave over multiyear projects.

Cheers!

Hi Ken, do a full search & general cleaning on Amazon, since your books appear listed under "Kenneth Estes", "Kenneth W Estes", "Kenneth W. Estes" and "Estes, Kenneth", each different author (your clones, we discovered your secret to write a lot while getting sun tan) with different book listings...

#250 Ken Estes

Ken Estes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 1740 PM

Great you discovered my secrets, Benjamin, and good to see you pop up on this grate sight again. Yes, once the Rebellion of the Clones took place, I knew I was through!