#281 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 26 June 2017 - 1656 PM

Dawnguard. Skyrim's version of the BoS :) without the super cool armor that is... the top armors in Skyrim are basically evil (Daedric) and Dragonbone.

Actually the Stormcloaks are also nazis (which is why I always go Empire, my character is an immigrant Redguard :P ) so you have plenty of lawful-but-not-really-all-that-good options there.

#282 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 1815 PM

Did anybody ever play all the way through FO4 as Minutemen? I played through it a few times but always ended up going with the Railroad, since the BoS and Institute were basically both future-Nazis -- I just couldn't bring myself to finish the end game with either one of those factions. I guess the Minutemen were the "best" faction, but they were just so f*cking annoying that I couldn't deal with them either.

#283 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 1837 PM

Dawnguard. Skyrim's version of the BoS :) without the super cool armor that is... the top armors in Skyrim are basically evil (Daedric) and Dragonbone.

Actually the Stormcloaks are also nazis (which is why I always go Empire, my character is an immigrant Redguard :P ) so you have plenty of lawful-but-not-really-all-that-good options there.

Best armor is Deathbrand -- the drawback is that it's really ugly.

#284 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0510 AM

I can craft the chem, but it doesn't work. Same with similar mod.

You can post here, and see if anyone knows of anything. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/

I started all over, this time with all the DLCs.

For now it's lvl 30something and I still didn't visit Diamond City. :)

#285 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0515 AM

I can craft the chem, but it doesn't work. Same with similar mod.

You can post here, and see if anyone knows of anything. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/

I started all over, this time with all the DLCs.

For now it's lvl 30something and I still didn't visit Diamond City. :)
Pf. My first visit to Diamond(if happens) usually occurs at 50+lvl, with top-notch X-01, Gauss and stuff, and after at least visiting Glowing Sea... Exploring in this game is much more interesting that going with main quest.

#286 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0527 AM

For now I don't even use combat armor (found X-01 yesterday while going to the Castle), maybe if I find the way to recharge fusion cores AND have a lot of them. :) For now I'm just running around with the pupper, kill shit, gather loot (I'm a hopeless loot-whore in just any RPG), do random quests.

#287 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0627 AM

For now I don't even use combat armor (found X-01 yesterday while going to the Castle), maybe if I find the way to recharge fusion cores AND have a lot of them. :) For now I'm just running around with the pupper, kill shit, gather loot (I'm a hopeless loot-whore in just any RPG), do random quests.

Dam, like looking at the mirror) But fusion cores are endless, after getting first power armor near car dump I really rarely leave it, and fusion cores count only goes up. Dam, I sometimes found 3-4 in dumpsters...

#288 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0639 AM

Maybe it's a matter of level or some perk? I have few fusion cores for now and I'm thorough, very thorough.

#289 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 0717 AM

Maybe it's a matter of level or some perk? I have few fusion cores for now and I'm thorough, very thorough.

There's perk in intelligence tree that slowers FC usage. But even without it I wasn't short of them at all.

#290 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 0313 AM

When I checked yesterday it was 27 FCs, lvl 36, after ~36 hours of the game.

I found a decent place for leveling early in the game - Parsons Asylum. The building itself is inaccessible, but the mercs outside are respawning every time you get there from the sanctuary. I have some 10k .45 ammo for combat rifle thanks to them. :)

#291 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 0422 AM

When I checked yesterday it was 27 FCs, lvl 36, after ~36 hours of the game.

I found a decent place for leveling early in the game - Parsons Asylum. The building itself is inaccessible, but the mercs outside are respawning every time you get there from the sanctuary. I have some 10k .45 ammo for combat rifle thanks to them. :)

Well, there is some even easier way to lvl extremely earlygame. Building) Using all shit from santurary gives you 12-14 lvl right outside vault. But in whole lvling in this game is really easy. Just go to the east, clearing all arenas, reached Far Harbor? - to the santurary and to the south.

Edited by GARGEAN, 05 July 2017 - 0425 AM.

#292 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 0428 AM

Oh, btw I have few unused perk point, 5 or 6. Is local leader worth it? My CHR is now at 1 point, so getting it would be quite costly.

#293 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 0442 AM

Oh, btw I have few unused perk point, 5 or 6. Is local leader worth it? My CHR is now at 1 point, so getting it would be quite costly.

Well, I usually start at 3 total and 10 int SPECIAL. After that all points in unlocking, charisma and craft. IIRC first local leader gives ability to make trade routes? If yes - at least first one is hardly needed if you're carrying settlements.

#294 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 0500 AM

Maybe I'll leave it for now, but later I'd like to turn all the settlements into walled fortresses, with artillery and shit. :)

#295 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 1930 PM

Check out War of the Commonwealth. It is a fully adjustable mod that adds in enemies and good guys, both static and on patrol all over the map. You can adjust the respawn rate, spawn size, and type of mobs that spawn in. I would have quit Fallout 4 a long time ago without this mod, because without it, the game just feels empty. 

http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/12395/?

#296 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 2349 PM

As I remember it, at some point I had more cores than I could ever use.
But on the other hand, I did not use power armor that much. Mostly in toxic environment, when expecting extreme opposition, or when I did not feel like using finesse.

#297 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 0211 AM

Well, I used PA all the time. CAUSE WITH IT I CAN CARRY MORE SCRAP!!!

#298 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 0219 AM

Check out War of the Commonwealth. It is a fully adjustable mod that adds in enemies and good guys, both static and on patrol all over the map. You can adjust the respawn rate, spawn size, and type of mobs that spawn in. I would have quit Fallout 4 a long time ago without this mod, because without it, the game just feels empty. 

It's my first playthrough, so I'd rather stick to vanilla, at least for now. :)

Gargean: Good point, I'm getting a bit more FCs now that robots from automatron DLC can be encountered more often. I think I'll also buy carrying capacity perk, since I have some 6 points left now.

Edited by urbanoid, 06 July 2017 - 0222 AM.

#299 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 0333 AM

It's my first playthrough, so I'd rather stick to vanilla, at least for now. :)

Gargean: Good point, I'm getting a bit more FCs now that robots from automatron DLC can be encountered more often. I think I'll also buy carrying capacity perk, since I have some 6 points left now.
As for me - one of the least useful perks. If not Survival - PA gives more that enough carrying weight.

#300 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 0355 AM

Maybe, I have no idea which perk to choose next. I have non auto rifles and gun/armor upgrades (including science) maxed out, hacking and lockpicking satisfactory, same with stimpak/antirad boost and lifegiver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users