Photo

And Now They Are Coming For The British Army...

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 1252 PM

But anyway Brexit was not only about immigration.

EU also stood for protectionism in trade practices, which has the long term effect of stifling competitiveness and creativity in its industries. It's perhaps not too farfetched to say that the EU has succeeded where the Soviet Union has failed in economically "collectivizing & centralizing" its member states. For e.g. even the Soviets didn't manage to implement a single common currency.

#42 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 1300 PM

Ah, reverse noble savage syndrome. Just as civilization-sick Westerners idolize naked people living a simple, rugged life in balance with nature and standing up to the white oppressors forcing sanitation, the medicine, education etc. upon them, non-Europeans who can't cope with change in their own societies want ye olde continent to be a museum frozen in the good old times of yore when everybody tugged his forelock and toiled for the common good, went to church on Sunday before sharing a beer and some talk in amusing local accents, then went home to give the wife a good beating, and there would be a proper pogrom if minorities didn't know their place!

I took that comment about "Europe to remain white" out because I realized it's not what I should say. Because if that's what Europeans want, power to you.

#43 urbanoid

urbanoid

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 1315 PM

EU also stood for protectionism in trade practices, which has the long term effect of stifling competitiveness and creativity in its industries. It's perhaps not too farfetched to say that the EU has succeeded where the Soviet Union has failed in economically "collectivizing & centralizing" its member states. For e.g. even the Soviets didn't manage to implement a single common currency.

What are you even talking about? There was one currency in USSR, which you seem to be confusing with COMECON.

#44 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 1417 PM

What are you even talking about? There was one currency in USSR, which you seem to be confusing with COMECON.

Yes, it's confusing to me, as East Germany always had the East German Mark.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1983-0408-104%2C_M

#45 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 1528 PM

The sooner humanity is an even shade of brown the better as far as I'm concerned. I may not agree with you on everything, Chino or Roman, but I completely understand your points of view from your own countries perspectives and would feel the same way if I were Singaporean or Russian. I'm not though.

#46 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,630 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 2137 PM

The sooner humanity is an even shade of brown the better as far as I'm concerned. I may not agree with you on everything, Chino or Roman, but I completely understand your points of view from your own countries perspectives and would feel the same way if I were Singaporean or Russian. I'm not though.

Even Star Trek doesn't go that far. And actually, I think it would be a loss. Would be kind of funny in how mankind tries very hard to preserve all various kinds of specific species and breeds in the animal kingdom and continue to do so but only to blend all of themselves into one single shade.

azgard.png

#47 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,429 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 0309 AM

I think we keep getting ethnicity and values mixed up. Personally speaking, I really dont care what the Briton of 2200 looks like. LIke as not our ethnicity will run in his vein's, whether he looks Asian, Slav, Black or Spanish. I honestly dont care, we were Black once, we can go black again for all I care. The only race I really give a toss about is the human one.

Values are a different thing. We have spent 2000 years building up the culture and values of the British Isles, and I dont believe in jettisoning them for some pereived politically contrived reason, or because we think Democracy or trial by jury or free speech is out of date.  There are many excellent reasons given for us to become draconian in defence of our values. I think personally our values are the only defence we need, as long as we have the wit stand by them.

OK, off topic, but what the hell, its tanknet right?

#48 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,643 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 0408 AM

Values are a different thing. We have spent 2000 years building up the culture and values of the British Isles, 

I’m afraid “building up the culture and values of the British Isles” is a little bit simplistic description of complex (and often bloody) process – but I think I can’t address it better then Arthur Conan Doyle  in his classic “Through the Veil” https://www.arthur-c...hrough_the_Veil
The same here in Russia – Tatars were our worst enemies, but they are part of us for centuries now, and now hard to tell who is Russian and who is Tatar etc.

#49 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 1315 PM

I think we keep getting ethnicity and values mixed up. Personally speaking, I really dont care what the Briton of 2200 looks like. LIke as not our ethnicity will run in his vein's, whether he looks Asian, Slav, Black or Spanish. I honestly dont care, we were Black once, we can go black again for all I care. The only race I really give a toss about is the human one.

Values are a different thing. We have spent 2000 years building up the culture and values of the British Isles, and I dont believe in jettisoning them for some pereived politically contrived reason, or because we think Democracy or trial by jury or free speech is out of date.  There are many excellent reasons given for us to become draconian in defence of our values. I think personally our values are the only defence we need, as long as we have the wit stand by them.

OK, off topic, but what the hell, its tanknet right?

It's not that far off topic IMO. The BA ads challenged certain values I firmly hold for the military - whatever the flag. And these challenges emanated from these "new" liberal extreme left European social values of today. And since European social values have always been a marker to some degree for countries like Singapore to follow, these values may soon come to our shores.

They already have in the form of big LGBT Pink Dot (as an echo of Singapore's nickname "Little Red Dot") annual rallies. Again, while I'm not anti-LGBT, nor anti-Islam, people waving their values in my face does bother me as I don't go out onto the streets to shout mine.

And when I see videos that show or tell of "refugees" beating up, raping and robbing white people everywhere they go from Europe to Australia, I'm beginning to sympathize with people becoming far-right in their views. If only as a knee-jerk to the rest becoming extreme left.

As for Chris' desire for all the world to be brown, I am curious - perhaps being a less-enlightened individual by comparison - why he doesn't just want that for himself, but for others as well? Is this a very Western belief...? that whatever is good for you (the west) should be so for everyone else? Is this line of thinking derived from a evangelistic religion upbringing like Christianity (and Islam)?

Eastern religions like Buddhism or Taoism aren't ever evangelistic (but don't get it confused with its practitioners being peaceful). They don't ever try to convert other people with the same zeal as Christians for e.g.

My oldest buddies include Muslim Malays and one Indian chap (who dates only Chinese girls) for decades till today, and many of my best friends have intermarried with other races. And I never even thought any different of them or their choices. I have myself had girlfriends from other races in the past. But for this to become a national goal - as European countries seem to be forging towards - is hard concept to grasp.

#50 chino

chino

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 1326 PM

You're right about not getting ethnicity and values mixed up.

Like my friends who intermarry with Singaporeans of other races remain essentially Singaporean in values - albeit Chinese Singaporean if they are Chinese, and Malay if they are Malay etc. And their children will just have a mishmash of different ethnic Singaporean values.

But still essentially Singaporean.

Or if they marry foreigners than it comes even harder to predict but it's all cool. They chose it.

But I am pointing to opening borders and big influx of Islamic peoples from cultures steeped in violence. This is not the boy meets girl of another race produce brown children etc. This is turning the lives upside down of those affected citizens. In Melbourne and Sweden entire towns have become too dangerous to live in. And the things seem to be that those people affected by this influx weren't given a choice.

#51 Nikolas93TS

Nikolas93TS

Thread necromancer and obscure questions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 1352 PM

Ah, reverse noble savage syndrome. Just as civilization-sick Westerners idolize naked people living a simple, rugged life in balance with nature and standing up to the white oppressors forcing sanitation, the medicine, education etc. upon them, non-Europeans who can't cope with change in their own societies want ye olde continent to be a museum frozen in the good old times of yore when everybody tugged his forelock and toiled for the common good, went to church on Sunday before sharing a beer and some talk in amusing local accents, then went home to give the wife a good beating, and there would be a proper pogrom if minorities didn't know their place!

x2

#52 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 1700 PM

It's just that, if we're all the same colour, it's one less thing to despise each other about. I'm sure groups of people will find something to differ on and bicker about though, far into the future. As for "videos that show or tell of "refugees" beating up, raping and robbing white people everywhere they go from Europe to Australia" - the reason such videos command attention is that they are the exception, not the rule. I have nothing against refugees either. It would be hypocritical of me as my own father's family came here from E. Europe as such. I'm not aware of them beating up or raping locals - at least two of them became opthalmic surgeons.

#53 Blunt Eversmoke

Blunt Eversmoke

despicable hypocrite with nothing to crow for

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 0040 AM

It's just that, if we're all the same colour, it's one less thing to despise each other about. I'm sure groups of people will find something to differ on and bicker about though, far into the future. As for "videos that show or tell of "refugees" beating up, raping and robbing white people everywhere they go from Europe to Australia" - the reason such videos command attention is that they are the exception, not the rule. I have nothing against refugees either. It would be hypocritical of me as my own father's family came here from E. Europe as such. I'm not aware of them beating up or raping locals - at least two of them became opthalmic surgeons.

If your picture of people is that they only seek something to despise in each other, that's probably right. But there is much more to love about people being diverse. Say, you won't have blondes, redheads, nor Asian nor black beauties if everyone is one shade of brown :D

#54 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 0359 AM

If your picture of people is that they only seek something to despise in each other, that's probably right. But there is much more to love about people being diverse. Say, you won't have blondes, redheads, nor Asian nor black beauties if everyone is one shade of brown :D

First, as far as i understand genetics, some degree of variation will always stay. Second. As we are approaching the age of genetic manipulation, I’m afraid human outlook will be tailored up parents or own demand.

#55 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 0408 AM

But I am pointing to opening borders and big influx of Islamic peoples from cultures steeped in violence. This is not the boy meets girl of another race produce brown children etc. This is turning the lives upside down of those affected citizens. In Melbourne and Sweden entire towns have become too dangerous to live in. And the things seem to be that those people affected by this influx weren't given a choice.

I do not think it is about Islam (as Islam societies are very diverse) but about people from societies still in XVII century coming to society of XXI century.  Christians were not better in XVII century, or even in XIX century.

#56 Dark_Falcon

Dark_Falcon

The Stryker's Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 0918 AM

I do not think it is about Islam (as Islam societies are very diverse) but about people from societies still in XVII century coming to society of XXI century.  Christians were not better in XVII century, or even in XIX century.

i'd amend that to read that many of those who've come to Europe during the current migrant mess have pre-modern mindsets but have access to modern technology now and are exposed to post-modern propaganda by various Sharia-Supremacist organizations.

#57 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 0927 AM

i'd amend that to read that many of those who've come to Europe during the current migrant mess have pre-modern mindsets but have access to modern technology now and are exposed to post-modern propaganda by various Sharia-Supremacist organizations.

Yes, modern communication technologies are also the factor here: 100 years ago migrant worker was completely isolated from his roots, especially if no big  community of his co-arrivals here. Now migrant man (or woman) could easily be listening to fresh speech of his village priest (whatever religion he belong to) in his headphones while doing his hard work, or watch video of extremists groups on his mobile during dinner brake.His relatives back home in Pakistan or elsewhere could demand him to correct his daughter behavior in line with traditions of the place thousands miles away from his new home etc.

#58 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 2021 PM

Many? And how many are just ordinary people who want to escape IEDs and suicide bombs or random bombing and shelling or lives or absolute grinding Subsaharan poverty and have no axe to grind against Western civilisation? I suspect the latter figure is not just many, but the vast majority.

#59 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 24,500 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 0316 AM

Odds are if they're escaping the problems back home but not seeking the liberal/pluarlist western culture, they'll bring all of their problems with them and help them take root there too. 

#60 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,643 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 0407 AM

Many? And how many are just ordinary people who want to escape IEDs and suicide bombs or random bombing and shelling or lives or absolute grinding Subsaharan poverty and have no axe to grind against Western civilisation? I suspect the latter figure is not just many, but the vast majority.

No contradiction here: man escaping IEDs or poverty is still having his native village traditions of forced marriage, honorary killings etc. in his head. For him, it is not something barbaric but just good way of life. He may well be good man, but good man from XVII century, even with iPhone in his pocket.