45 replies to this topic

#41 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,908 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 0602 AM

I am sure it does, and you do not have to switch modes like in VI(M), which is a PITA.  I just really do minor text editing, and so have no real use for something that powerful.  

#42 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,908 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 0628 AM

So far the laptop is running well, the issues I have are all hardware related.  The 45 watt charger is just not strong enough to charge it while it is running unless you crank down the brightness a great deal.  Battery life even using TLP is poor/mediocre at best.  Mint however just runs great.  The Wifi still amazes me since it seems to be running better than under Winders.  

#43 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 1144 AM

Never met a Laptop that cannot stay charged plugged in? Is this a common issue or just unique to yours?

#44 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,908 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 1354 PM

Never met a Laptop that cannot stay charged plugged in? Is this a common issue or just unique to yours?

Nah, it works that way, but I like to take it away from the charger for a bit.

#45 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,908 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0620 AM

How in the heck do I update the BIOS on the HP laptop in Linux without reloading Windows to get the BIOS update?   Grrrrr.

#46 TTK Ciar

TTK Ciar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 1530 PM

I use the "flashrom" utility, which is provided as part of the "coreboot" project.  I'd be surprised if "coreboot" isn't available to Mint.