• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

Velkomin heim Tankur-netters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, people, stuff of life in general --- past, present and future!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 2134 PM

No. I have removed it and use Firefox exclusively. The only part that remains is the part for Windows update.

Hey Mike ... how are you? ;) .... do you know if it's possible to remove the IE Browser but keep the Outlook email part? I use Outlook for my server email account and using it.

,,, and how did you actually go about removing IE browser???

#22 Mike Steele

Mike Steele

Boobies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 0944 AM

Hey Mike ... how are you? ;) .... do you know if it's possible to remove the IE Browser but keep the Outlook email part? I use Outlook for my server email account and using it.

,,, and how did you actually go about removing IE browser???

Fine thanks. Outlook is a separate program and isn't affected by IE (TTBOMK) I use Thunderbird so...
I just went to Windoze control panel selected windows components and clicked remove... The only part that remains is the part for Windows Update(AFAICT)

#23 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, people, stuff of life in general --- past, present and future!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 1545 PM

Fine thanks. Outlook is a separate program and isn't affected by IE (TTBOMK) I use Thunderbird so...
I just went to Windoze control panel selected windows components and clicked remove... The only part that remains is the part for Windows Update(AFAICT)

Cool. Thank you! ... and I'm glad to hear you're "fine" ;)

#24 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 1713 PM

Well, still no go. I can't find any option to remove IE in the installed programs or anywhere else via control panel, so I guess I'll have to keep it ;) Oh well, I tried.

Thanks for your help though Mike.

#25 m1a1mg

m1a1mg

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 2244 PM

Go to control panel, click the add/remove programs icon, then on the left side click "add or remove windows components" then remove the checkmark from
the internet explorer box, click next, and finish and reboot the computer. If you ever want to re-install internet explorer just do this again and put the checkmark back in the box.

#26 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 2316 PM

AHA .... the "remove the check mark" part was the key part I needed to know and do, which I did, ran through the program and rebooted. Mission accomplished, over. :D

THANK YOU (ALL)!

#27 Mike Steele

Mike Steele

Boobies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 1141 AM

AHA .... the "remove the check mark" part was the key part I needed to know and do, which I did, ran through the program and rebooted. Mission accomplished, over. :D

THANK YOU (ALL)!

Sometimes I forget that not everyone is as computer literate as me. :blush: Sorry for the mixup.

#28 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 1618 PM

Sometimes I forget that not everyone is as computer literate as me. :blush: Sorry for the mixup.

Yes, some people like me need things explained very basic and literal step by step ... like Kindergarten :blink: .

A bit off topic here, but I'm cranky with having to learn how to use a whole new forum program for my little forum as the hosts did away with the old ones (redundant now) and upgraded everyone to a new phpbb version this last week ... a lot more complicated and confusing. So much to learn from scratch, including about templates and skins and ARGH!!!! A whole new ballgame and most above my head. I need another admin onboard who knows a bit :D

Meanwhile, yes the IE browser is gone and I did also remove some other programs and re-downloaded them (like the Adobe stuff) and will try viewing some youtubes today and see if my computer still crashes or if I fixed the problem :)

Thanks for your note Mike ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users