26 replies to this topic

#21 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 1001 AM

They fixed minefields years ago with the Dunkirk Scenario, but gave no way to lay them or sweep them.

I think that active mine laying would work well with a 20 minute game.

#22 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 2158 PM

give them a 1-2 minute lifespan and maybe 1-2 reloads

#23 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 0514 AM

I missed a "not" in my last sentence

#24 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 1823 PM

I gathered that, a one minute or so denial of a passage might be enough to capture a cap or prevent being hunted down.

#25 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 17,235 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 2351 PM

I have to say that the Submarine event has been very well done, the battle mode is pretty good, although it takes a lot to master a sub and deal out the damage. I would only say once a DD gets on top of you, your pretty much done, sitting still at depth should provide a bit more cover. BB players driving directly into a subs firing range and pretending they are DD is a bit of a problem, but that's player based and not WG issue.

#26 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,349 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 0555 AM

I have to say that the Submarine event has been very well done, the battle mode is pretty good, although it takes a lot to master a sub and deal out the damage. I would only say once a DD gets on top of you, your pretty much done, sitting still at depth should provide a bit more cover. BB players driving directly into a subs firing range and pretending they are DD is a bit of a problem, but that's player based and not WG issue.

I found it a bit boring, specially if DDs die soon (which wasn't rare) at which point subs become invulnerable and you are just waiting for them to kill all. That said, I managed to sink a sub with battleship secondaries...

#27 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,714 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 1533 PM

i saw Flambass playing the mode and decided that it was ultimately going to be dull for exactly the combination of the above two posts - you're doomed if a DD camps directly above you and you don't have a team-mate to clear it away, and why on earth would anyone go into that mode with a BB?

Reply to this topic