#1 T19

T19

Love Life, hate Taxes

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,565 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, computers, Military History

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1528 PM

Now, I am not USAsian, but I have to agree with Mr Trumps feelings about some of the less that nice places in the world.  Now I know some people are claiming its racist but I don't think so.  He did not mention Turks and Cacaos, or Bahama or Jamaica as a failed state.  Certainly did not say Spain was one so it cannot be a Latino thing... heck he did not even say Cuba was a shit hole... 

I find his use of blue  language interesting and amusing...  just watching everyone get triggered is funny

So what other Shit holes are out there for us to discover?... some might say Winnipeg... but hey 

#2 Unreal John

Unreal John

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Interests:military affairs in general, concentrating on WW II

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1541 PM

My first thought truly was, "are we turning away anybody at all who wants to come here from Norway?"  The answer seems to be "No!"  (!!!!)  This isn't the 1800's any more, when a higher percentage of the population of Norway came to America than that of any other country except Ireland.

#3 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,131 posts
  • Interests:WW2 Armor (mostly US)

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1546 PM

well in another thread one of our esteemed TankNet posters mentioned that there was to getting in for him as a Western European.

As far as shitholes goes:

surely Haiti must top the list because it has always been that way.

But there are many places in Africa that are in the hunt.

Venezuela may be in the running now too.

Within the US I'd nominate Eastern Kentucky and Northern Indiana.  It's possible other TankNet posters would suggest Chicago

#4 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 24,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1555 PM

Regarding Haiti.  Trump should have said something along the lines of France having screwed it up, they should be responsible for it.  

#5 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 22,131 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1600 PM

Haiti is a shithole the Haitians make.

#6 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,569 posts
  • Interests:Killing, killing is the solution!

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1718 PM

All shitholes are shitholes because people make them shitholes.  There is no magic dirt.  The Africans literally stumble over diamonds sticking out of the ground and they never invented the wheel.  

This is not to say genocide them and take their shit.  That's for the Chinese to do.  But you have to be insane or some sort of swindler with an angle to want to bring these dysfunctional stupid people here.  S/F....Ken M

#7 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1800 PM

Now, I am not USAsian, but I have to agree with Mr Trumps feelings about some of the less that nice places in the world.  Now I know some people are claiming its racist but I don't think so.  He did not mention Turks and Cacaos, or Bahama or Jamaica as a failed state.  Certainly did not say Spain was one so it cannot be a Latino thing... heck he did not even say Cuba was a shit hole... 

I find his use of blue  language interesting and amusing...  just watching everyone get triggered is funny

So what other Shit holes are out there for us to discover?... some might say Winnipeg... but hey 

It's not race, it's culture. An individual should be an asset to a country, not a detriment. 

#8 JasonJ

JasonJ

majideyabai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,661 posts
  • Interests:Being odd and unusual.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1804 PM

North Korea.

#9 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,365 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1824 PM

Didn't Haiti kill all the white men at one time?

#10 Detonable

Detonable

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1825 PM

Is York, Pa still in the running?

#11 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,307 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1828 PM

All shitholes are shitholes because people make them shitholes.  There is no magic dirt.  The Africans literally stumble over diamonds sticking out of the ground and they never invented the wheel.  

This is not to say genocide them and take their shit.  That's for the Chinese to do.  But you have to be insane or some sort of swindler with an angle to want to bring these dysfunctional stupid people here.  S/F....Ken M

They may not have invented the wheel, but that was because they had no animal capable of pulling a wheeled vehicle.  Similar situation in the Americas.  The Incas and Aztecs knew about the wheel and there have been wheeled toys found there, but there was no animal capable of pulling a wheeled vehicle there either.

#12 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1831 PM

They may not have invented the wheel, but that was because they had no animal capable of pulling a wheeled vehicle.  Similar situation in the Americas.  The Incas and Aztecs knew about the wheel and there have been wheeled toys found there, but there was no animal capable of pulling a wheeled vehicle there either.

Slaves.

#13 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 24,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1904 PM

That is simply not true.  The natives of North America used dogs to pull a travois in southern portion of NA and used dogs to pull sleds in northern NA.  If dogs can be used to pull a sled over dry ground or snow, they can certainly be used to pull a wheeled vehicle.  Moreover, bison have been domesticated in modern times, it is conceivable that bison could have been domesticated in ancient time, and bison are certainly large enough to not only pull a wheeled vehicle, but plows and water wheels.

South America has large herbivores too, such as the llama, an animal quite capable of pulling a wheeled vehicle today, I'm sure they could have done so thousands of years ago.

When the Europeans showed up the Native Americans were stuck firmly in the stone age so it should surprise nobody that they had yet to utilize the wheel.  Interestingly, the very ancient native Americans mined and smelted copper, primarily in the upper great lakes region.  But this culture died out 1500 years before European settlers arrived.  

These are a sampling of artifacts found in Northern Michigan and Wisconsin dating from circa 3000-1000 BCE

1024px-Copper_knife%2C_spearpoints%2C_aw

Edited by DKTanker, 12 January 2018 - 1905 PM.

#14 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,216 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1948 PM

Cuba is not a shithole, its a shitflood.

636407858532205311-1.jpg

#15 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 24,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 1951 PM

Thought I'd ad this contemporary painting about American settlers in the 19th century.  Which begs the question for you.  Which came first, the beast of burden or the wheel?

handcarts-blog.jpg

#16 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,365 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted 12 January 2018 - 2044 PM

Basically, Trump took a knee of foreign S*** hole countries.

#17 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 22,131 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 12 January 2018 - 2141 PM

What is El Salvador's major export? MS13.

#18 Mr King

Mr King

Leet Russian Hacker

• Members
  • 17,144 posts
  • Interests:Vodka and Democrat Party Internet Servers

Posted 12 January 2018 - 2141 PM

North Korea.

VQjAYAf.jpg

#19 JasonJ

JasonJ

majideyabai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,661 posts
  • Interests:Being odd and unusual.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 2312 PM

North Korea.

VQjAYAf.jpg

And it's not fair. Haiti and all other shitholes deserve the right to be big and powerful shitholes for their respective shithole regime survival. Western countries with their lying politicians and lying media led by the US don't deserve to be the only countries to have the right to have big and powerful evil doing non-shitholes. God Bless North Korea for their quest. Give them sunshine policy and support them in having buckets of sunshine.

Well that's the logic at least.

#20 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 21,440 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 12 January 2018 - 2348 PM

I am reminded of the fact that Nepalese troops on the UN mission to Haiti last go round managed to get a cholera outbreak going.

Isn't that text book shithole?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users