• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,428 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 13 September 2018 - 0022 AM

I like to email photos

I am using, like many people W10

I used to be able to right click - send to- email recipient

For at least a month when I do this I receive the message:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel

I have attempted fixes and using normal sources to find the solution.  Any ideas?

#2 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,669 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary armor - tactics and technology

Posted 13 September 2018 - 0206 AM

Have you tried assigning a different email client as the default mail program, then reassign it to your preferred one?

#3 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,428 posts
  • Interests:Degree in History and Politics. Interests are Military History, military models,

Posted 13 September 2018 - 2117 PM

Thanks, I have tried that but no luck.

#4 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,669 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary armor - tactics and technology

Posted 14 September 2018 - 0351 AM

WOULD it work with the other email program?

If not, then maybe something's entirely borked with the Windows-internal email handover.

If it does, then probably Windows no longer recognizes your preferred emailer as a suitable application.

At least it would narrow down the problem a bit more.

#5 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,428 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 0242 AM

taken it to see a mechanic, we shall see what we shall see.  The box decided to not do a couple of other thing it had been doing........

#6 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,428 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 2332 PM

The boffin didn't fix it but told me how to: simple - I had loaded updates to Thunderbird, which broke the association between windows and Thunderbird.

I just reloaded Thunderbird in its entirety and it asked if I wanted it to be the default - of course the answer was yes and now it is back doing what it was.

#7 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 0616 AM

The boffin didn't fix it but told me how to: simple - I had loaded updates to Thunderbird, which broke the association between windows and Thunderbird.

I just reloaded Thunderbird in its entirety and it asked if I wanted it to be the default - of course the answer was yes and now it is back doing what it was.

havent used thunderbird myself forquite some time, but there used to be a function to check if it is the preferred email client and then Thunderbird asked if to make itself the preferred client. Firefox has the same function under the advanced preferences iirc with a button to make Firefox the preferred browser and a checkbox to check it on stratup. It at least used to be the same in thunderbird. So for next time check there I I thinkink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users