166 replies to this topic

#161 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,266 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 1745 PM

Getting kicked out of games with a (baseapp crash). Had trouble logging on this morning as well.

#162 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 24 June 2018 - 1253 PM

Is anyone still playing WoT?

I come back to it every now and then in large part because it's one of the few games that still works fine on my machine (it's killing me to look at all these Steam summer sale games that have minimum requirements well above my PC's capability).

Still, it's more and more frustrating every time.  Balance has finally hit AW levels of bad (at high tiers at least).  The 268v4 was just an abomination that never should have been released (and highlights the folks running the 'balance' dept either don't care, don't have a clue, or have motivations outside of balance that drive their decisions).  With stupidly OP vehicles like that I had to stop playing tier 8s because you literally can't do shit against vehicles like that even if they're driven by facerolling mouthbreathers.

I always felt bad about playing tier 5 but have gone down there recently (the Italian tier 5 is actually fun) since gold spam is so prevalent in higher tiers.  Tiers 5-7 can be fun at times but it's such a limited slice of the game.

The feeling I'm getting from the subreddit is that fans as a whole are... finally getting tired of WG's BS?  (I'm not sure how to describe it other than a subtle consensus of negativity.)  Certainly there's plenty of whales still around to keep the game going but in the past there was still plenty of folks willing to chime in and claim it was a solid game.  Now... not so much.  Most seem frustrated and at a point where if things don't change they may not stick around long.

Earlier in the year WG was claiming they were going to address some long-standing issues such as gold rounds... but we're now approaching the halfway mark of the year and there's been nothing further on those developments.  The glacial pace at which meaningful and positive change comes to WoT is making the Pentagon look efficient when procuring new weapon systems.

#163 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Goldmember

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 1324 PM

I still read about it here, and especially Frontlines looked really interesting. But.... playerbase will still be the same. Plus, I do not wish to get hooked again. So even playing occasional games is unfortunately out.
Also, one of the kids has adopted my PC, so now it only runs GTA5, Overwatch and other such stuff. :)

#164 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,314 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 24 June 2018 - 1338 PM

It could just be that given the niche playerbase for WoT the game is simply getting old even for many of its fans and what WG does or doesn't do is irrelevant.  Maybe WG knows this and is simply soaking the whales as much as they can before the loss of players hits a critical point.

#165 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 25 June 2018 - 1530 PM

I haven't played in years, I kept it installed until last year just in case I got the itch to play again, but I realized that there was no way I was going to ever put in the work to relearn the game so I uninstalled it.  I still read about here but don't even pretend to follow it anywhere else.

#166 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,266 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 1937 PM

I see 16,000 players on the central US server a\ on average. My prem accounts covers WOT and WOWS, so actually a good deal. Still good games to be had in Tier IV-VIII, same with WOWS. They have supported several Tanknetters and increased the general tank knowledge of thousands of people who are likely to buy the books written by a number of Tanknetters, in the end it is good. Plus we are dealing with a new generation that has the attention span of a flea. So the fact that they are still alive is actually pretty decent.

#167 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,561 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 0621 AM

I play it pretty regularly (if limited in time) and other than 268/4 (which was clearly OP and got nerfed a lot last patch) I don't see what is the hate about 277, 257 etc. I find all of them no harder to deal than with any other good T10/9 when on the other side.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users