#41 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,186 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 1655 PM

Yeah, it sucks to go from Leader to "Led".  Incidentally, a "clue alert" posted by Stephan on another thread helped me a lot.  You can choose "+Linear" in the topic title (it will "remember" your choice next window or time you open it) and it will keep the original topic post on top.

View Post

Yeah, I just read it awhile ago. Works like a charm. Now if Staff can set it back like the way it was... :D

Same as Jeff - smack on the head reaction. :D

#42 tanker_karl

tanker_karl

Semper Et Ubique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 1434 PM

Now if Staff can set it back like the way it was... :D

Same as Jeff - smack on the head reaction. :D

View Post

I concur. I found it more convenient to follow a discussion when posts went from the newest to the oldest (made it easier and quicker to identify add-ons as they came in).

Just MHO.

#43 Ol Paint

Ol Paint

Wing-Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, Trucks, AFVs, Aircraft, Ships, Cars, Heavy Equipment, Engineering...

Posted 25 May 2005 - 1035 AM

Just a periodic note to say that I STILL hate the new "conventional" posting format. In spite of the chorus of voices that proclaimed how much I would "learn to love the little orange boxes" and how much easier the new posting order is to read, I find the system a PITA to use. I will reiterate:
  • The orange boxes only work if you are set up for automatic log-in. As I browse from work, I don't do this.
  • When I am logged in, the system cannot consistently account for my time since the last visit/log-in, hence the boxes don't work correctly.
  • When the boxes do work, everything is dandy--until the thread has added a page since my last visit to the thread. Then you end up having to click to go to the next page, even if only 2 posts were added since you previously visited the thread. With the reverse-order format, this was highly unlikely to happen on a daily basis (unless it was a Mideast Flame War).
While I realize the cause is lost, I needed to ventilate. You may now return to your regular broadcast. ;)

Douglas

#44 Guest_Mike Steele_*

Guest_Mike Steele_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 0917 AM

Topic header fix? Speel chuck? :huh:

#45 Grant Whitley

Grant Whitley

True Heart of the Aztec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 1805 PM

[*]The orange boxes only work if you are set up for automatic log-in.  As I browse from work, I don't do this.
[*]When I am logged in, the system cannot consistently account for my time since the last visit/log-in, hence the boxes don't work correctly.

View Post

Unless you can't/don't want to log in at work, it actually works fine. I browse(logged in) from work and from home, and the forum doesn't "reset" posts I've already looked at to "read" when I move to my home PC.

#46 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 1203 PM

It would be nice to have the forums be marked as read upon logging out, like in the old TN. As an option or something.

#47 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted 20 January 2007 - 1205 PM

I get an unusual amount of lock ups and time outs with the new forum. It looks very nice but often I wait 30 seconds or more for a new page to load. Sometime during browsing I just go do other things while a page is partially displayed and my browser just stalls for 2 or more minutes.

#48 Geoff Winnington-Ball

Geoff Winnington-Ball

OC MLU, aka 'Jif'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,650 posts
  • Interests:The men of the World War II Commonwealth Armies

Posted 01 February 2007 - 0729 AM

I get an unusual amount of lock ups and time outs with the new forum. It looks very nice but often I wait 30 seconds or more for a new page to load. Sometime during browsing I just go do other things while a page is partially displayed and my browser just stalls for 2 or more minutes.

Concur, we haven't figured that out yet. Pain in the arse I agree, there's probably a simple workaround but we have yet to find it. :(

#49 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,322 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 2055 PM

At work it opens the page and then hangs for 30sec-1minute, but at home it seems to be fairy quick. I am now having to do work will waiting for a TN page to open, it's quite disturbing. :unsure:

#50 Mistral

Mistral

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer wargames.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 1237 PM

At work it opens the page and then hangs for 30sec-1minute, but at home it seems to be fairy quick. I am now having to do work will waiting for a TN page to open, it's quite disturbing. :unsure:

Exactly the same with me, at home I have no problems and I am on a dial up, but at work with a fast connection it locks up for 30s or so. I should add that this is happening in the last 3-4 months, before that I did not notice any problems.

#51 Przezdzieblo

Przezdzieblo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 1050 AM

Hello
I do not know is it right place to ask - but just noticed that SEARCH option is missing what with last prunning makes getting to older posts at least hard.
Would it be possible to SEARCH in future? Or I just missed that option is hidden somewhere?

#52 T19

T19

Love Life, hate Taxes

• Admin
  • 35,569 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, computers, Military History

Posted 28 April 2008 - 1109 AM

Hello
I do not know is it right place to ask - but just noticed that SEARCH option is missing what with last prunning makes getting to older posts at least hard.
Would it be possible to SEARCH in future? Or I just missed that option is hidden somewhere?

We had problems with people searching the entire database for M1 or something and it was returning over 1000 hits, which kills our CPU.

It will return once we can get that fixed

#53 ShotMagnet

ShotMagnet

Intercalating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 1157 AM

I have a video to upload, is there a way for me to do that or do I need to send the video to the staff?

Shot

#54 Przezdzieblo

Przezdzieblo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 1624 PM

We had problems with people searching the entire database for M1 or something and it was returning over 1000 hits, which kills our CPU.

It will return once we can get that fixed

Thanks.
Ok, see now searching is possible via My Assistant. But - would it be possible to use advanced search (for words in posts or thread; with option of choosing subforum etc.) in future? Searching with Search from MA is long and gives usually multum of results.
P.

#55 T19

T19

Love Life, hate Taxes

• Admin
  • 35,569 posts
  • Interests:Tanks, computers, Military History

Posted 05 June 2008 - 1645 PM

Thanks.
Ok, see now searching is possible via My Assistant. But - would it be possible to use advanced search (for words in posts or thread; with option of choosing subforum etc.) in future? Searching with Search from MA is long and gives usually multum of results.
P.

That is coming in the new version, and will have its results limited to 100 hits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users