#141 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

Cynical Finnish Elk Eating Ilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,518 posts
  • Interests:military, martial arts, wargames, literature

Posted 09 April 2018 - 1146 AM

I was actually shot by 7 enemies same time today in my "Super-Pervert". Amusingly, spaced armour blocked 5 of the shots. But seriously...."I am only one here, stop shooting!" :D

And then enemy nuked their own light who was trying to give me rape without lube. Lost 1000hp, but made me laugh.

Edited by Sardaukar, 09 April 2018 - 1147 AM.

#142 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 1148 AM

Kind of enjoying this, not getting stressed about teams anymore.

#143 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,161 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 1427 PM

I generally just play for fun and remain über relaxed about it all. 

#144 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,258 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 1614 PM

Hey Sardaukar, saw your massage, but I am chat banned. :)

#145 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 09 April 2018 - 1823 PM

I was one-shotted 7-8 times in row last night. And that was with tier V to X (from Churchill III to E50M). And latter has 2050 hit points... Fookin arty.

Plus when enemy sees my Churchill III, 2/3 of the whole enemy team starts to shoot at me... :o They seem to know what annoying SOB that tank is....2.6 sec reload time... :P

Nothing beats the KV1 with the 57 mm gun.  You can just hear their screams :)

That combo was a lot of fun back in the day.  Given the proliferation of gold rounds now I avoid heavies altogether, sadly.

#146 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 0046 AM

Got shot by 7(!) enemies about same time in my "super-pervert" (Super Pershing that is).

Amusingly, that spaced armour blocked 5 of those.

I was thinking like "Why the hell you are shooting me, there are others!" :D

Often make lot of spotting damage etc. with view range and crew perks. And being premium tank, can use gold ammo.

Edited by Sardaukar, 10 April 2018 - 0047 AM.

#147 Mistral

Mistral

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer wargames.

Posted 10 April 2018 - 0521 AM

I don't even know my win rate :).  Let me check.  So I am at 54.5%, dropped a bit from last time I checked but who cares.  

Just bought my first tier 10 (E100) and I play this game from the start, its stock but still its fun.

#148 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 0141 AM

I don't even know my win rate :).  Let me check.  So I am at 54.5%, dropped a bit from last time I checked but who cares.  

Just bought my first tier 10 (E100) and I play this game from the start, its stock but still its fun.

I just cannot bear to part with my E75 for something as ugly as hell as E100... :D

#149 Sardaukar

Sardaukar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,518 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 0144 AM

I have one Tier X (E50M).

Managed once to ram 2 (!) enemy tanks same time into lake. I didn't quite plan it that way...but hey...did take it. :D Got quite a few laughs from team. :)

#150 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 15 April 2018 - 2342 PM

The WoT subreddit throws a lot of hate towards WG and the 268v4, and deservedly so, but I'd never bothered to check vbaddict til tonight to see how broken it was.

It's has the fifth highest win rate in the entire game at a whopping 57.2% (most tanks are considered OP when they encroach up around 52, 53+).  It's also the most played tank in the top ten on that list by a considerable margin with 62k+ games played (the next closest is another OP tank which happens to be a premium, the 13 57, at 19k games).  The only tank with a higher win rate than the 268v4 that doesn't have a small data set is the 907 but we know that's a CW reward vehicle so generally only better players have it.

So... in short... you have a vehicle everyone can get (and they have given how many games are being played in it) with a win rate just 1% lower than another already OP vehicle, the 907, which only good players have access to.  That's pretty much the definition of broken/unbalanced.

There's no way WG is this clueless.  They have to realize this thing is broken and are simply leaving it as is to milk the inevitable cash inflow players are throwing at premium time/free XP conversion/whatever to get to it.

#151 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,160 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 1828 PM

My ping was all over the place this last weekend and my network adapter crashed several times, but only when playing WOT

#152 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 1045 AM

I noticed some issues as well a few days ago when I was messing around with the event.  Was intermittent but eventually went away.

As for the event... wow.  Promise a free tier 8 premium and EVERYONE comes back to the game.  Pop numbers on NA have beaten the highs we saw during the Christmas special (almost reaching 30k... nearly a 50% increase over the norm).  I tinkered for a few days of doing the grind myself but decided against it.  I was looking at 4h/day for two weeks of playing to get it and frankly it's not that good of a premium (no armor, ok speed, with the only redeeming feature being the potential to 3-clip someone in very specific and rare instances where you're then left empty for nearly 30s).  I've been reading a lot lately and would rather do that.  Still, I'll adjust the vehicles I play to work a bit up the stages.  Decent rewards across the board even if you never get the tier 8 premium.

#153 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,970 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 0902 AM

Quickybaby assessed tge effort required to get it for free, but also pointed out that the further along you got, the higher the discount, so it wasn't all or nothing.
I don't play wot, and I don't buy premiums inWoWS as they typically cost near the value of a full price game. It seems excessive.

#154 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 2006 PM

I've heard of others doing the same.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up making more money this way.  The folks who were never going to try the grind just bought it right away.  Folks who wouldn't have thought of paying full price before may give in for the discounts.  Makes you wonder if they stumbled upon this or knew this would be another way to milk the playerbase.

#155 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 2042 PM

Amusing post over on the WoT subreddit a few days ago.

https://www.reddit.c...like_the_other/

The pic shows a player's stats for 13 tier 10 tanks.  On only 3 of them is he able to win above 50% of his games (he ranges from 20-49% on the rest).  One is the E-100 with a 53% win rate.  Another is the IS-7 with 55%.  The last?  The 268v4 where he manages a 63% win rate (and it's a substantial number of games at 99).  :glare:

Every patch WoT seems to inch closer to AW levels of atrocious balance.  The Polish tier 8 premium is right now across the board better than the Defender, another OP vehicle (most folks aren't complaining too much because of the perceived weakness of playing any tier 8 with the current MM).

#156 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 2034 PM

Free XPed up to the Italian tier 4, the P26/40, after the servers came up.  A surprisingly fun little tank.  Decent armor if you angle and a nasty HE round with high pen.  Almost finished the grind for it in 2h this morning.

Since I was so close to getting the tier 5 I jumped back on for an hour this evening.  Threw on some boosters and started in.  Finished in 2 games and moved up to the tier 5... and then it went to shit.  Every single match after that I was killed by mouthbreathers spamming gold in their tier 5s.  WTF?  The Italian tier 5 has decent armor too... until it runs into gold rounds.  Didn't even finish playing that one hour.  :glare:

#157 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,161 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 04 May 2018 - 1333 PM

Mastery badge in my second battle with the M14/41. :D

#158 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 1842 PM

Played the tier 5 some this afternoon.  Only ran into one gold spammer (they seem to mostly come out at night) but the teams were abysmal.

Lost a duel in my last match simply because I have a new crew and was going against someone who clearly didn't.  I've heard a crew rework is supposedly on the horizon (making 6th Sense default and no more sub-100% crew levels) but they need to hurry things up.  Yesterday morning the games were fun because it was 3/4+ Italian tanks in every match.  As such the playing field was mostly even and what mattered was how you played your tank.  Today I've seen a lot of folks out who I'm guessing are trying to pad their stats (such as the gold-slinger above) and it's just a frustrating experience to go up against them.  The crew system we've had since the game launched worked when the game launched because everyone was starting off the same.  Now, years on, it puts you at such a disadvantage that new players or folks wanting to start a new line (coupled to the inaction on WG's part to do anything about seal clubbers) usually have a pretty miserable experience.  I'd love to know WG's thoughts on how they think that's good for player retention.  :glare:

Just frustrating... this game is still fun at times but almost always despite the efforts of the devs.

Edited by Skywalkre, 04 May 2018 - 1843 PM.

#159 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 1531 PM

Edit: Moved to a new thread as it seems deserving of one.

Edited by Skywalkre, 07 May 2018 - 1533 PM.

#160 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,186 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 1200 PM

A glimmer of hope, if true.

https://www.reddit.c...f_balance_dept/

For those who don't follow the game as closely Murazor is the dev most often credited with shifting high tier play towards fantasy levels of armor (be it reworks of existing designs, the introduction of the superheavies like the Japanese line, OP tier 8 premiums like the Defender, etc.) which has also directly resulted in the gold spam necessary to compete at said tiers.

Folks on the subreddit are hoping this is a sign, along with the intention WG made public to rework gold rounds this year, of bringing some sanity and real balance back to high tier play.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users