143 replies to this topic

#141 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Welcome to the new world disorder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 0908 AM

Got a sneaking suspicion these guys do a big scale Centurion. Good find, very interesting indeed.

Company here doing a 1-16 scale M60A3.
http://www.rcunivers...now-so-far.html

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, 16 December 2017 - 0910 AM.

#142 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 41,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 1151 AM

I have just read that Trumpeter is bringing out a 1.16 scale T72B in the new year (both with and without reactive armour). Might be some good kitbashing potential there with a Heng Long T90 hull.

#143 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,065 posts
  • Interests:Wholesome stuff.

Posted Today, 02:28 AM

Indeed. Alas, RC tanking here isn't all that popular, hence I got no one to play tank battles with. And so my RC tanks are just gathering dust....  :(

#144 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 41,366 posts

Posted Today, 03:05 AM

I feel your pain Tomas. Ive finally solved most of the problems in my chally, but even if i forked out of an IR system, Id never use it. I dont think ive even driven my Tamiya Tiger and Sherman for about 10 years now.

I think the key to the Challenger's problems is poor springs. when going round turns, the last roadwheel compresses, and it slips the track. Ive took out surplus track links, and Ive put some shims in behind the axle under the spring, to tense it up a bit. Its helped, a bit, to the point it can now go over short grass without slipping tracks. When it goes into about 6 inch grass it does throw the track. But in fairness, even on Salisbury plain its unlikely to get that tall. I mean scale, it must be well over 10 feet. :D So a supplier of stronger springs and probably some metal axles is probably the way forward here.

Ive also figured out a way to use top up gift cards, so I can probably get a new turret ring and drive mechanism for it, which will probably cut the noise of turret traverse.

These fellas seem to have some good bits, dont know if you have any experience of them Tomas.

https://www.forgebea...d_Products.html

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, Today, 03:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users