44 replies to this topic

#41 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,586 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 13 December 2017 - 0017 AM

The joys of limited maps, limited useful spaces to go, and clickers.

In two games with my Tiger P crew (one in the Tiger P and the other in the VK 7201) I'm top tier and the only heavy in a 3/5/7 MM spread.  I go to the 'heavy' spot and subsequently get focused by the 2-3 clickers on the other team for the entire game.  Keep in mind they stun you for over 10s.  If they stagger fire (which they were) I was basically stunned for over half the game with my only means to counter it a Large Health Kit with a 90s reload.

What mouthbreather on the dev team is leaving this as is?!  :blink:

(BTW, we won both games.  I did my part, soaked the clicker spam, and still managed to push.  It's just not fun.)

Not fun for us clickers neither. Artillery play has become monotonous. Just lob Valium downrange. Shoot gold for bigger splash. Crappy spotters. Not fun as it used to be with AP and realistic accuracy.

#42 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 1525 PM

No Brooklyn class light cruisers in this game? Nor Tone class heavy cruiser? 

Aside from Harold's comment, there is apparently a USN cruiser split coming, with higher tier CLs being added and the Cleveland restored to some of its closed beta glory but moved to tier 8 in the CL line.

Get your US cruisers researched now if you want to take advantage of the split.

(This post contains wild speculation and forward looking statements, etc.)

#43 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 1604 PM

Aside from Harold's comment, there is apparently a USN cruiser split coming, with higher tier CLs being added and the Cleveland restored to some of its closed beta glory but moved to tier 8 in the CL line.

To old to be a gamer, but from my brief review of WoW, aircraft carriers are given the short end of the stick. They should be sweeping the seas in the daytime, as they did in real life!

#44 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • Interests:Armor, History, Fishing and Beer

Posted 13 December 2017 - 1643 PM

To old to be a gamer, but from my brief review of WoW, aircraft carriers are given the short end of the stick. They should be sweeping the seas in the daytime, as they did in real life!

They did for a while, the only people who had any fun were the carrier drivers.  Then they nerfed them so hard no one wanted to play them.  They are still searching for a way to make them fun to play but not over powered.  I won't go into full rant mode, but they shouldn't even be a playable class.

#45 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 1728 PM

They did for a while, the only people who had any fun were the carrier drivers.  Then they nerfed them so hard no one wanted to play them.  They are still searching for a way to make them fun to play but not over powered.  I won't go into full rant mode, but they shouldn't even be a playable class.

In that case, I would think WoW from, say the early 1900's to 1920?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users