#13001 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,567 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted 24 August 2019 - 1051 AM

Nothing left to see here folks:

Trump, Danish leader had ‘constructive’ call after war of words, both U.S. and Denmark say

President Trump held a “constructive” telephone conversation with Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen, both Danish and U.S. officials said Friday, as the NATO allies appeared to back away from a confrontation over Trump’s abrupt cancellation of a planned visit to Denmark.

https://beta.washing...7212_story.html

#13002 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 1124 AM

Remember the Moscow Theater Hostage Crisis? It was fentanyl (sweet Lord why) they tried using to sedate everyone.

I suppose the theory was that it had to work near instantaneously so the terrorists wouldn't be unconscious by the time they realized they were being drugged. You wouldn't want them to have time to trigger bombs and shoot hostages before passing out. That part of the plan worked very well, by the way. It fell apart in the evacuation phase where the victims would be resuscitated by trained paramedics (anti-opioid exist that immediately cancel the effect (very useful for any paramedic dealing with overdose patients ... except that those patients immediately wake up and are then typically very aggressive because a very sweet dream was ended, and now they are back in the painful reality that they just wanted to escape)) because there were no trained paramedics on the scene, and rather than rushing the patients to the nearest hospital ASAP they orderly loaded regular buses and sent them off only after they were full of patients, which just took too much time.
I read a different story. Usually this stuff shuts off your breathing reflex, so it's only safe to use in a hospital but the Soviets developed an improved version that that didn't have this drawback. So they thought it was safe to use. Except it wasn't for the seats. They had a low back rest. Anybody whose head dropped back suffocated because the tongue slid into the windpipe.

Edited by Markus Becker, 24 August 2019 - 1125 AM.

#13003 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,803 posts
  • Interests:WW2 Armor (mostly US)

Posted 24 August 2019 - 1157 AM

on President Trump's tweet about the Fed there seems to be a major point that it getting overlooked:

The tweet directly referred to Chairman Xi as America's enemy.

That represents a substantial message to China about how far the President is willing to go to break China's stranglehold on the US economy.

#13004 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 2035 PM

Mocking Abe behind his back is to mock Japan.

#13005 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0535 AM

When did he mock Abe?  I did not see that.  

#13006 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0542 AM

God-Emperor level trolling of the Fake News Media.  He is doing to them what they do to him, and they cannot handle their words being used against them.  https://www.newser.c...ist-tweets.html

(NEWSER) – Reporters who have posted anything racist, even years ago, watch out—there could be a target on your back. That's the takeaway of a New York Times article about a loosely connected group of conservatives gunning for media organizations that seem opposed to President Trump. Among the players is Arthur Schwartz, 47, a headstrong conservative consultant who tweeted a link this week to a Breitbart article. After a Times editorial accused Trump of inciting anti-Semitism, and the paper published an unflattering article about new White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham, Breitbart ran a piece about tweets written by a Times political editor about a decade ago. And the tweets were not pretty.

"I was going to say 'Crappy Jew Year,' but one of my resolutions is to be less anti-Semitic," wrote the editor, Tom Wright-Piersanti, in a now-deleted 2010 tweet. "So… HAPPY Jew Year. You Jews." Other tweets by Wright-Piersanti—who has since apologized—mocked Asians and people from India. Notably, the Breitbart article about him was quickly retweeted by Donald Trump Jr. and Trump campaign adviser Katrina Pierson. Schwartz has also linked to prejudiced tweets by other journalists, including a CNN photo editor who was forced to resign over anti-Semitic tweets he wrote as a teenager. "A culture war is a war," said former Trump adviser Steve Bannon in defending the practice. "There are casualties in war. And that's what you’re seeing." (Read more racism stories.)

https://www.axios.co...395a2850c4.html

I LOVE THIS.  HAMMER THEM.

https://www.marketwa...edia-2019-08-25  OMG finally someone is fighting back against the Fake News Media!  Finally someone is fighting fire with fire!  No surrender, no retreat, I love it, a Republican with a set of huevos and the guts to actually fight back against the evil left.

#13007 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,769 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0553 AM

When did he mock Abe?  I did not see that.  

Word is that it was at a fundraiser in front of about 500 people. But no video of it. He also mocked South Korea's president Moon, so meh. Trump is Trump. But some Japanese netizens didn't really like how he talked about Kamikaze pilots either and to be frank, neither did I. But overall, it was low key, so meh.

But whatever, its a little thing, and is probably more of just venting because of tough trade negotiations (but looks to be coming around the corner given the G7 results) and because of the break down of relations between Japan and South Korea. I recall, maybe about 3-4 weeks ago, Trump was asked if he was going to mediate the problem between those two countries, to which his response included something to the effect of "that's like a whole job by itself" which is entirely correct.

Edited by JasonJ, 26 August 2019 - 0555 AM.

#13008 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0600 AM

There are four nations in East Asia that we need to be as tight with as possible: Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Singapore.  

#13009 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,769 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0607 AM

Singapore isn't in East Asia but in South East Asia but if talking about the whole place then it should be called Asia-Pacific to which I would add the Philippines :)

#13010 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,733 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0621 AM

Singapore isn't in East Asia but in South East Asia but if talking about the whole place then it should be called Asia-Pacific to which I would add the Philippines :)

Point taken.

#13011 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 53,921 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0636 AM

https://www.theguard...-america-report

Donald Trump has reportedly suggested on more than one occasion that the US military should bomb hurricanes in order to disrupt them before they make landfall.

According to US news website Axios, the president said in a meeting with top national security and homeland security officials about the threat of hurricanes: “I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them?”

“They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they’re moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can’t we do that?”

Quoting unnamed sources who were present at the meeting, Axios report that the response from one official was “We’ll look into this.”

On Sunday, the White House declined to comment on the Axios report. “We don’t comment on private discussions that the president may or may not have had with his national security team,” it said.

His goal – to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland – is not bad. His objective is not bad

Unnamed official

On Monday, from the G7 summit in France, Trump passed comment of his own.

“The story by Axios that President Trump wanted to blow up large hurricanes with nuclear weapons prior to reaching shore is ridiculous,” he tweeted. “I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!”

Axios reported that Trump raised the same issue on another occasion with a senior administration official. This conversation was apparently recorded in a 2017 national security council memo which used the term “nuclear” in reference to the conversation.

Axios quoted a senior official who defended Trump’s ability to ask tough questions: “His goal – to keep a catastrophic hurricane from hitting the mainland – is not bad. His objective is not bad.”

#13012 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0640 AM

Donald Trump has reportedly suggested on more than one occasion that the US military should bomb hurricanes in order to disrupt them before they make landfall.

He's not the first person, not even the first president, to discuss the possibility.

#13013 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 53,921 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0641 AM

I remember back in the 1960's there was even a plan to do nuclear fracking. The one time they did it worked a charm. They reckon the gas might even be usable in another 30 years. :)

#13014 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,968 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0750 AM

He's not the first person, not even the first president, to discuss the possibility.

I understand NOAA did some studies back in the day, until it was found that eyewall replacement cycles put an upper limit in strength of hurricanes.

I am sure that is common knowledge, and Stuart knew it, thus proving himself better than Bad Orange Man. Which is nothing trite at all. :P

#13015 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,765 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0800 AM

Besides that in the 50's and early 60s there were discussions of using a-bombs to blow through mountain ranges for highways or even making a new Central American canal.  I think I did a current event of a newspaper story of one those proposals as a kid. He must of remember reading that.

#13016 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0800 AM

Since he is the Chosen One, why can't he just tell the hurricane to go away.

#13017 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 53,921 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0802 AM

No, I didnt know about the crossfire hurricane program. I did however know about the second Panama canal being dug by nuclear devices, and the nuclear bomb powered starship of course.

I guess the point Im trying to illustrate is, there was a lot of ideas in the 1960s that looked like a truly great idea at the time and people rapidly discovered otherwise. We once envisaged nuclear powered aircraft, trains and cars too.

#13018 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 0948 AM

Mocking the leader of Japan and Japanese behind his back is not going to be anything but low key. It will also not end well.

#13019 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 1000 AM

Trump skips the environment meeting saying the meetings he had ran late but the people that he those meetings with somehow made it to the environment meeting. :o

#13020 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,769 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 1016 AM

Incidentally, about the 7th round of short range BMs launched by DPRK, one of the common right wing talking heads, Aoyama, (although he calls himself centered between left and right), talked about it. Concluding that even though Abe calls the missiles to be a violation of the UNSC resolution, Trump says he doesn't see the recent launches as a problem because as explained before, the launches were directed at ROK and there was no change in that situation, being that all the missiles were short range. That part starts at 1:33:40 and goes up to 1:34:47. These DHC videos tend to stay up for only about 2-3 weeks. DHC pulls the videos down themselves, not Youtube doing it. Streamed 15 hours ago, over 300,000 views.

ミサイル発射問題視せず トランプ氏

Trumpmissilenoproblem.jpg

Edited by JasonJ, 26 August 2019 - 1018 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users