7027 replies to this topic

#7021 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 2125 PM

So end of the year will see release of another long-awaited blockbuster sequel which has potential to make Disney even more gigabucks on top of already absurd pile Endgame is gathering them. And I am not talking about Star Wars. No, the mega-release will be...Frozen 2.

Now, who doesn't want yet another chirpy, happy, colourful Disney princess movie? Well, apparently Disney doesn't, as the first teaser and trailer look all dark, scary and intense. So long Arendelle, Elsa and Anna are heading to Mordor. Also now, Newtonian mechanics >> magic.

In all seriousness, it seems unlikely Disney will venture too far from their successful basic formula for this franchise movies, despite the first impressions. Still, interesting how openly they are pandering for more mature audiences with these first peeks. Also the animation and scenery looks gorgeous. It's almost too photo-realistic for animated feature. And as a big fan of yoik music, oh yeah!

I fear (or perhaps celebrate?) the day that Queen Elsa is summoned by MONARCH to help cool down Godzilla from burning up--AND putting the kibosh on DESTORYAHHHHHH!!!!!!1111!!!

#7022 Yama

Yama

The only honest Scorpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0412 AM

Platinum-haired queen in epic fantasy setting, can't go wrong!

frozen-elsa-winter-is-coming-t-shirt.jpg

She's probably going Beyond the Wall to fight White Walker invasion...or to start it. :unsure:

#7023 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,735 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0651 AM

Dang, Yama, don't give Hollywood any ideas. You know how they love universe crossover stories. 

#7024 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 52,055 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 0752 AM

There was supposed to be a Jump Street/Men in Black crossover at one point. Which really ticks all the boxes on Hollywood abortiveness as far as im concerned.

#7025 Yama

Yama

The only honest Scorpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 1314 PM

Dang, Yama, don't give Hollywood any ideas. You know how they love universe crossover stories. 

Too late! I already emailed my pitch!

...though GRRM himself might be ahead of me. In the books Night King was former Lord Commander of the Night Watch who was seduced and corrupted by beautiful, mysterious "Cold Queen". Hmmm... :ph34r:

#7026 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,479 posts
  • Interests:Ducats and shot

Posted 21 June 2019 - 2103 PM

saw John Wick. Good movie, but it's a 90s movie made later. even Marilyn Manson is on the soundtrack.

And the 3rd movie soundtrack has Bush. Are they going after Gen X money?

https://youtu.be/O33FbbArWjU

#7027 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 31,735 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 21 June 2019 - 2227 PM

saw John Wick. Good movie, but it's a 90s movie made later. even Marilyn Manson is on the soundtrack.

And the 3rd movie soundtrack has Bush. Are they going after Gen X money?

I saw a comment online the other day that advertising types are starting to question their targeting of millennials. Kinda like, hey, they've got crushing student loan debts and mortgages payments, and have little disposable income; can they afford the product? 

#7028 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,479 posts
  • Interests:Ducats and shot

Posted 22 June 2019 - 0559 AM

And would it appeal to them? Or would they complain on Twitter how -ist or -phobic it is?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users