• Please log in to reply
15014 replies to this topic

#13481 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0540 AM

A dog knows not to kill its puppies. Ive seen evidence of Monkeys displaying emotion and empathy, and both of those are entirely without a religion at all. We are hard coded to be empathetic and even moral to the extent we can live with each other. Yes Christianity and other religions may enhance that tendency, but they didnt create it. Its always been there, whether you ascribe it to God, or whether you ascribe it to natural selection as Darwin did.

If people are "hard coded" to empathetic, why is there human crime? Why is there human hate? We can go back and look at E5M's posts on how the empathetic folks of Chicago treat one another, and, possibly worse, how the government of Chicago treats its citizens. Remember, Chicago is a long-time leftest (Democrat) stronghold.

"What has always been there" is God. Man came second, a fact that many non-Christians cannot comprehend or willfully choose to ignore.

Here is a quote from Winston Churchill, the savior of Western civilization if ever there was one, and it makes interesting reading

https://hollowverse....ston-churchill/

"If you tried your best to live an honorable life and did your duty and were faithful to friends and not unkind to the weak and poor, it did not matter much what you believed or disbelieved."

This, honestly, depends on your meaning of "duty", faithfulness to friends, and being not unkind to the weak and poor. 

On the surface and for the short time, the meaning is obvious. However, how  one goes about it is another issue. For examples:

Would I be faithful to a female friend by taking her to an abortion? Would I be faithful to a friend by not showing how to live a godly life as defined by Jesus? Would I be faithful to a friend by giving them money or a job application? Would I be unkind to the weak and poor by pointing out were jobs are instead of just giving cash. Would I be unkind in telling a man and a woman who think they love one another that the best way to not be poor is to complete their education, get a job, and don't have children until you are married first.

What youhave posted is leading the horse to water, but the horse has the responsibility to drink. 

Ive not detected much in the way of religious observance in Churchill, other than he was planted in an Oxfordshire Churchyard. I submit, you dont need to be religious and do right to others. And in the end, I dont believe a God, any caring God, would reject a man like Churchill or any moral or non observant individual, if he stuck by such reasonable principles.

I personally don't either, but that is not my decision, so I don't worry/think about it. 

#13482 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0641 AM

No, we don't wilfully ignore God - it's not possible to wilfully ignore something for which there is no evidence. However, some people who believe in God wilfully (and selectively) ignore masses of evidence for a very old universe, evolution, global warming (and formerly an oblate spheroid Earth) etc. This is wilful ignorance on an epic scale. However, the same individuals tacitly accept and employ any science that enables them to propagate thousands of years old middle Eastern creation myths.

#13483 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,700 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0654 AM

No, we don't wilfully ignore God - it's not possible to wilfully ignore something for which there is no evidence. However, some people who believe in God wilfully (and selectively) ignore masses of evidence for a very old universe, evolution, global warming (and formerly an oblate spheroid Earth) etc. This is wilful ignorance on an epic scale. However, the same individuals tacitly accept and employ any science that enables them to propagate thousands of years old middle Eastern creation myths.

This is really interesting because the Henny Penny's of the world going on about the Earth ceasing to exist, as we know it, within 10 or 12 or 100 years because of "global warming," sorry, climate change, does so by ignoring...nay, revising, millions of years of Earth's history.  But we don't even have to go back millions of years, just to the dawn of civilization, about 11,000 years ago.  There we will find that our planet was warming to a much greater extent than it is now but, and here's the real interesting part, Earth has been in a cooling trend for the last 7,000 years.

Many years ago I grew out of the need for a mythical deity, thankfully I never felt the need to replace it with the God of Statism with the religion of Climascientology.

Edited by DKTanker, 20 September 2019 - 0655 AM.

#13484 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0820 AM

This is really interesting because the Henny Penny's of the world going on about the Earth ceasing to exist, as we know it, within 10 or 12 or 100 years because of "global warming," sorry, climate change, does so by ignoring...nay, revising, millions of years of Earth's history.  But we don't even have to go back millions of years, just to the dawn of civilization, about 11,000 years ago.  There we will find that our planet was warming to a much greater extent than it is now but, and here's the real interesting part, Earth has been in a cooling trend for the last 7,000 years.

Many years ago I grew out of the need for a mythical deity, thankfully I never felt the need to replace it with the God of Statism with the religion of Climascientology.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.  In climate hysteria to economic theory.  In some cases I have to agree that some fundamental religions have their theory on the beginning of Earth wrong.  I have some cousins that believe the world is 4500 years old.  I asked them how can they measure stars being 5000 or more light years distant? 

Either God is modifying the law of speed of light and trigonometry or manufacturing 500 years of light to fool humanity.  So it's just as likely he could be fooling those who try to add up the years to creation by modifying the laws of addition.

Then there is George Lemaitre, a priest, who came up with the Big Bang Theory.  It was atheists who resisted it because that would imply a creation point. 

Edited by Mobius, 20 September 2019 - 0836 AM.

#13485 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0839 AM

The dumpster fire that is this administration's intelligence management.

7/28 Coats resigning soon
7/31 Trump-Putin 'wildfire' call
8/2 US out of INF Treaty
8/6 Huntsman resigns
8/8 Coats tells Sue Gordon to resign asap
8/12 #Whistleblower complaint filed
8/15 Coats out
9/9 News-CIA extracted key spy from Russia in '17
9/10: Bolton resigns

#13486 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,897 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1015 AM

Looks like the panties in a wad IC which is full of #resist members is still trying a coup.  When will these people either be out of a job or arrested?  Pencil Neck Schiff got told to FOAD:  https://www.redstate...hreat-go-court/

#13487 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,897 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1017 AM

Once more Trump wins Bigly over the scumbag communist Kaliforniastan Democrats:  https://www.redstate...tional-garbage/  The utterly evil left is defeated AGAIN!  Predictably their heads explode.  

#13488 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1126 AM

Looks like the panties in a wad IC which is full of #resist members is still trying a coup.  When will these people either be out of a job or arrested?  Pencil Neck Schiff got told to FOAD:  https://www.redstate...hreat-go-court/

I didn't realize Bolton was in the resistance. I never saw him at all the meetings. :)

#13489 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,602 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1129 AM

Once more Trump wins Bigly over the scumbag communist Kaliforniastan Democrats:  https://www.redstate...tional-garbage/  The utterly evil left is defeated AGAIN!  Predictably their heads explode.  

Except CA already cut a deal with the automakers outside the law such that most of CAs regulations will continue to be the de facto standard.

#13490 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 24,070 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1152 AM

He who pays the piper calls the tune.  In climate hysteria to economic theory.  In some cases I have to agree that some fundamental religions have their theory on the beginning of Earth wrong.  I have some cousins that believe the world is 4500 years old.  I asked them how can they measure stars being 5000 or more light years distant? 

Either God is modifying the law of speed of light and trigonometry or manufacturing 500 years of light to fool humanity.  So it's just as likely he could be fooling those who try to add up the years to creation by modifying the laws of addition.

Then there is George Lemaitre, a priest, who came up with the Big Bang Theory.  It was atheists who resisted it because that would imply a creation point. 

Here's the rub. If my wife's mom thinks satan put the dinosaur bones in to corrupt people's minds, it doesn't really matter from an economic or forward thinking policy perspective. It's as important as the Kardashians. On the flip side, if someone like AOC gets her green new deal passed where they nationalize the US Economy and start paying or taxing people based on race, then that's a seriously big problem going forwards. The same goes with Global Warming Religiosity or failed policies that result in the rise of typhus in US cities because the left fails to see basic concepts of science policy like hygiene or enforcement of public health laws that were understood by the Romans. 

#13491 lastdingo

lastdingo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1304 PM

(...) if someone like AOC gets her green new deal passed where they nationalize the US Economy and start paying or taxing people based on race, then that's a seriously big problem going forwards..

There was a time when i was amazed by right wingers' ability to make stuff up and then proceed to shit their pants about their own fantasy.

The I realised that's what five year olds do all the time and wasn't all that curious about how such nonsense works any more.

Still, I clearly learned that the right wingers who think they're the bravest, the clear-sighted ones, the 'based' ones are actually fearful pussies who get scared by stuff that normal adults don't even register because it doesn't exist in reality.

#13492 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1403 PM

(...) if someone like AOC gets her green new deal passed where they nationalize the US Economy and start paying or taxing people based on race, then that's a seriously big problem going forwards..

There was a time when i was amazed by right wingers' ability to make stuff up and then proceed to shit their pants about their own fantasy.

The I realised that's what five year olds do all the time and wasn't all that curious about how such nonsense works any more.

Still, I clearly learned that the right wingers who think they're the bravest, the clear-sighted ones, the 'based' ones are actually fearful pussies who get scared by stuff that normal adults don't even register because it doesn't exist in reality.

I can't blame you for not knowing things being said in American primary election but it is in fact scary.  From threatening to imprison climate change deniers to calling not wanting Medicare for all racist.  But so many things are being called racist (like watering your lawn) it's hard to believe.  Many people would think The Onion is writing these people's speeches. So far AOC hasn't said anything like what the candidates have said.

#13493 lastdingo

lastdingo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1433 PM

You should try going to the sources instead of consuming right wing propaganda bubble stuff.

A man who lets others do the interpreting for himself is a drone. A useful idiot drone.

#13494 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 24,070 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1455 PM

Are you kidding? 

Google "Green New Deal". Read the fucking thing. It proposes PRECISELY what I say. 

Edited by rmgill, 20 September 2019 - 1456 PM.

#13495 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1500 PM

I didn't realize Bolton was in the resistance. I never saw him at all the meetings. :)

Or Dan Coats for that matter.

#13496 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1507 PM

Are you kidding? 

Google "Green New Deal". Read the fucking thing. It proposes PRECISELY what I say. 

Couldn't find the taxes based on race part?

#13497 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1525 PM

Are you kidding? 

Couldn't find the taxes based on race part?

https://www.foxnews....onmental-racism

Well if follows if there is economic racism it must be reversed by taxing those that are racist. And who would that be? 

"We live in a country now where the president is advancing environmental racism, economic racism, criminal justice racism, health care racism," Warren said. "The way we do better is to fight back and show something better." 

Edited by Mobius, 20 September 2019 - 1525 PM.

#13498 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1550 PM

This week my local independent (and former NBC affiliated) news channel ran a crawl: Trump Threatens San Francisco. I didn't bother to listen (I'm only there for the weather report) so who knows what Mayor London got her dander up for?

#13499 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 24,070 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1612 PM

https://www.factchec...green-new-deal/

• Promote justice and equity by stopping current, preventing future, and repairing historic oppression of indigenous peoples, communities of color, migrant communities, deindustrialized communities, depopulated rural communities, the poor, low-income workers, women, the elderly, the unhoused, people with disabilities, and youth (“frontline and vulnerable communities”)

• If there's going to be a repair of historic oppression of someone of 'RACE X', then there's going to be taxes taken from those who are NOT race X and given to those who are. LastDingo, what the bloody hell do you think "reparations" are? 

Frankly, the ability of members of the radical left to rationalize away things that their peers directly and clearly demand and do so repeatedly as being someone's imagination or outright lies is beyond stupid, beyond idiotic and beyond trollish. 

Are you going to next deny that the left doesn't want to ban or take up guns in the US? Because I've heard for YEARS from fools like you that "noone's coming for your guns." Gosh. It sure looked like it and now the Woke Camp of the DNC say that they want to do EXACTLY that. 

Edited by rmgill, 20 September 2019 - 2251 PM.

#13500 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 1648 PM

Last Dingo just confessed that he is a useful idiot drone.  I think that is a refreshing level of honesty and should be commended.

Candidate Warren is well on her way to announcing that private capital is racist and therefore requires additional measures by the government to seize it wherever it is.

(Excepting Democrat donors like Ed Buck and Epstein)