Posted 08 September 2019 - 2150 PM

yeah I'm walking into a ton of errors.

#22 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 2158 PM

To state the obvious, the issues seem to be corrected. This Grating Sight is back to its usual irregular regularity.

#23 GregShaw

GregShaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 2244 PM

To state the obvious, the issues seem to be corrected. This Grating Sight is back to its usual irregular regularity.

It does to seem better right now, but for the majority of the day it was essentially unusable. Given the apparently very low number of posts today it doesn't look like I was unique in that experience.

#24 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 0707 AM

I've offered tech support from my IT guys with respect to the SSL encryption (no doubt this plays a role), but the whole process stalled before we got to do anything. Maybe it's time to have another look at it. I'm even willing to sponsor a more in-depth site management if that's what it takes.

Very generous. The main stumbling block is likely that there is only one person who has the magic powers and he has many other life items on his plate. If he should get hit by the bus, I think we're sunk. The rest of us are technical morons for the most part.

What the frack is this thing "​" that pops up every time I hit the enter key? It disappeared for a while but now it's back to vex me.

I only get this when using Chrome oor Chrome based browser. Some weird control codes seem top be added somewhere. Either the browser or some script is being executed in an odd way by Chrome. That is at least my hypothesis.

As for the multi posts, if someone adds a new post before you add yours, it will hang like nothing happened but if you open the topic in a new tab and look, your new post will be there.

Yeah that eats posts sometimes and the refresh after having posted a post does not really work as well.

It does to seem better right now, but for the majority of the day it was essentially unusable. Given the apparently very low number of posts today it doesn't look like I was unique in that experience.

yup. I got either SQL errors or timeouts from the involved cloud service. 503 error I think it is.

#25 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 0713 AM

Same with for most of the day, yesterday--I kept getting the error message.  It was also noted on the FB page.  For obvious reasons, I couldn't comment here...

Interestingly, it was only eight minutes between Stargrunt6's post and mine (#21 and 22)

Edited by shep854, 09 September 2019 - 0715 AM.

#26 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,602 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 0958 AM

Definitely database issue. Yesterday I actually got a page that displayed an entire error complete with the query it couldnt execute. Which is odd because a server shouldnt ever display that level of detail publicly unless explicitly set to do so; maybe someone was investigating the issue while I was in the site.

#27 Jeff

Jeff

Godfather of Tanknet Birthday Greetings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 1708 PM

I've offered tech support from my IT guys with respect to the SSL encryption (no doubt this plays a role), but the whole process stalled before we got to do anything. Maybe it's time to have another look at it. I'm even willing to sponsor a more in-depth site management if that's what it takes.

Very generous. The main stumbling block is likely that there is only one person who has the magic powers and he has many other life items on his plate. If he should get hit by the bus, I think we're sunk. The rest of us are technical morons for the most part.

What the frack is this thing "​" that pops up every time I hit the enter key? It disappeared for a while but now it's back to vex me.

I only get this when using Chrome oor Chrome based browser. Some weird control codes seem top be added somewhere. Either the browser or some script is being executed in an odd way by Chrome. That is at least my hypothesis.

I'm using Edge for Tanknet and have it. It disappeared for many months until this week.

#28 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 1711 PM

I'm on Brave.

#29 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 18,899 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 0527 AM

I can only get in on Chrome, otherwise I get a deceptive site error, and Firefox just refuses to allow me to access the site.  Same goes for Safari.  

#30 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 0540 AM

Switch off those browser built-in net nannies. They are just collecting your browsing habits, anyway. Oh, sorry - the collection will be done at the "protection" server level, of course, and surely nobody is interested in those aggregate data because since when would anyone be interested in such boring things, right?

Edited by Ssnake, 10 September 2019 - 0541 AM.

#31 Harold Jones

Harold Jones

Shaken but not deterred...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 1911 PM

I have long since done so.  Never had a problem.  Don't care if I do to be honest, the only thing I use this pc for is browsing and games.  I run AV software and turn off the obvious stuff and install os/browser and software updates when offered.

#32 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,602 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 0924 AM

I am still have a lot of latency hitting the site. Had been behaving better but is very slow this morning.

#33 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 1150 AM

I can only get in on Chrome, otherwise I get a deceptive site error, and Firefox just refuses to allow me to access the site.  Same goes for Safari.  

Firefox works for me. But I have the "protection" turned off. It puts in a delay while routing the dns request through Mozilla's servers and it is none of of their business which sites i look at.

Switch off those browser built-in net nannies. They are just collecting your browsing habits, anyway. Oh, sorry - the collection will be done at the "protection" server level, of course, and surely nobody is interested in those aggregate data because since when would anyone be interested in such boring things, right?

Told you so, says Ed Snowdon.

#34 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 1208 PM

I am still have a lot of latency hitting the site. Had been behaving better but is very slow this morning.

Hit and miss for me getting into the sub forums.

#35 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 1611 PM

Hit and miss for me getting into the sub forums.

me too. sometimes different threads as well. as if the threads were on different servers. 

#36 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 1230 PM

should i keep chrome safe search on because the laptop is also  used by a 8 year old (well, 2x30 min. per weekend, mostly youtube)

#37 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 1414 PM

should i keep chrome safe search on because the laptop is also  used by a 8 year old (well, 2x30 min. per weekend, mostly youtube)

Give your child its own user account with the proper adjustments.

#38 GregShaw

GregShaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 2140 PM

Starting yesterday it hasn't remembered where I'm at in any threads, unread button reverts to page 1 or a random page. Kind of a PITA on a years old topic with hundreds of pages. Happening again this evening, I was on earlier this evening then when I logged back on threads that I read earlier were marked unread again. Might be a chrome problem, but I haven't done anything to my chrome recently. I'll try FF on my 12 yr old Powerbook, haven't used it on TN for 2-3 years likely.

#39 Tim Sielbeck

Tim Sielbeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 2158 PM

Having the same problem on my desktop and my iphone.  

#40 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 2305 PM

Today I lost the calendar, birthdays, and most importantly the notices showing new threads.  Can't figure out how to get that back at all.