• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 0402 AM

Time for a thread of their own perhaps?

https://www.abc.net....pstein/11723894

a taste:

It was the only way it could go.

The Duke of York's interview with the BBC was so appalling there was no way the Queen's second, and supposedly favourite son, could continue in public life.

Trying to clear oneself in the court of public opinion is never a sound idea; the next interview the Prince gives should be with the FBI.

Everything in the statement that has now come should have been said in the hour-long interview.

The gravity of the situation has hit home at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke said he asked the Queen if he could step back from public duties, but whether he made the decision or it was forced upon him, it was the only way forward for the Royal family.

The Royal family's brand has been deeply damaged across the globe by one of its most senior members.

Edited by DougRichards, 21 November 2019 - 0402 AM.

#2 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 0443 AM

On the because British thread, there was another story saying he wants another interview to put right what he got wrong in the last one. Im thinking that at this rate, the next interview he is going to get is with the FBI.

I dont believe he did it though. Ive always personally thought Andrew was Gay.

#3 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 0459 AM

On the because British thread, there was another story saying he wants another interview to put right what he got wrong in the last one. Im thinking that at this rate, the next interview he is going to get is with the FBI.

I dont believe he did it though. Ive always personally thought Andrew was Gay.

I thought that Edward was the gay (what a misuse of what was once a great anglo word for 'happy'!!!) one.

#4 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 0511 AM

No, Edward I think he is just a pussy. Which is fair enough really, every family has one.

There was an allegation made about 10 years ago that a Royal servant had found one of the male members of the Royal Family in bed with a male servant. It was actually blocked from UK newspapers, but I never managed to find out who it was.  But I always thought it was Andrew. Partly because he is single, partly because he has no evident private life, and also because of the unexplained ending of his marriage.  I dont see him as a Pedophile personally,

Dickhead? Well yes. I think that is just the Mountbatten side coming out.

#5 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,858 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 1514 PM

The Crown (the netflix series) has an explanation for this. The Windsors have 2 flavours: quiet, reliable and boring or social, fun and dangerous, guess Charles is the first and Andrew, the second.

#6 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 1549 PM

No, Edward I think he is just a pussy. Which is fair enough really, every family has one.

There was an allegation made about 10 years ago that a Royal servant had found one of the male members of the Royal Family in bed with a male servant. It was actually blocked from UK newspapers, but I never managed to find out who it was.  But I always thought it was Andrew. Partly because he is single, partly because he has no evident private life, and also because of the unexplained ending of his marriage.  I dont see him as a Pedophile personally,

What was the problem?  That the royal was in bed with a male, or that the particular male was just a servant?  At least it was not with a Coward.....

#7 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 2147 PM

Pedophile is being used rather loosely. The women Epstein was pimping were post adolescent even if some were too young to consent to sex for money.

It is also entirely possible that Andrew thought they were all 18 or older, even if not.

#8 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 2242 PM

Pedophile is being used rather loosely. The women Epstein was pimping were post adolescent even if some were too young to consent to sex for money.

It is also entirely possible that Andrew thought they were all 18 or older, even if not.

Actually that was what I was thinking.  The main accuser admits to being 17 at the time, but the photo shows someone who could have passed for 19.  There is no indication that the Prince paid for sex.  If the deed occurred in Britain she would have been over the age of consent and Andrew was not in an official position of power over her. So no apparent crime.

The photo spread around the media seems to show a young woman who appeared to be enjoying herself being in a royal's company. 

#9 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0014 AM

If he knew she was being paid to have sex with him, then I suspect it's the same as hiring her directly.

It is still incredibly indiscreet of Randy Andy. Surely he can get women of legal age easily enough not to need to befriend a pimp like the late Mr. Epstein. It was even stupider to talk about it. One would have thought his solicitors would have told him to keep quiet.

One would also have thought someone from the British intelligence community would have advised him to keep away from Epstein. A former RAN officer on another board said Aussie diplomats were told to stay clear of him way before he was a publc figure.

#10 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0159 AM

If he knew she was being paid to have sex with him, then I suspect it's the same as hiring her directly.

It is still incredibly indiscreet of Randy Andy. Surely he can get women of legal age easily enough not to need to befriend a pimp like the late Mr. Epstein. It was even stupider to talk about it. One would have thought his solicitors would have told him to keep quiet.

One would also have thought someone from the British intelligence community would have advised him to keep away from Epstein. A former RAN officer on another board said Aussie diplomats were told to stay clear of him way before he was a publc figure.

I agree with you in many ways, 'but' (no excuses though) he may have been thinking below the waist rather than his head and failed to consider why would a lovely young woman even think of him (an old man of 40) in a sexual way?  Even the royals don't necessarily use their brains.

And the Prince's security detail?  Surely they had been in contact with MI5 / 6 / 7 /  8 or whatever (even with Judy Dench!) and asked about Epstein?  Isn't anyone who comes in private contact with a royal meant to be vetted? 

Edited by DougRichards, 22 November 2019 - 0202 AM.

#11 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0211 AM

True, although you are still in the realms of statutory rape. Which is still very far from ideal.

Andrew has a reputation of not listening to other peoples advice. So its entirely possible he was advised to keep away from him, and told them to Foxtrot Oscar. I gather his media advisor strongly advised him to stay away from this particular interview, and resigned when it became clear he wasnt going to listen. So its very much in his manner im afraid.

The funny thing is, i dont think its going to make much difference. People have stopped looking at Andrew, and are more interested in Harry and Megan. Andrew is in many ways, yesterdays man.

#12 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0228 AM

True, although you are still in the realms of statutory rape. Which is still very far from ideal.

Andrew has a reputation of not listening to other peoples advice. So its entirely possible he was advised to keep away from him, and told them to Foxtrot Oscar. I gather his media advisor strongly advised him to stay away from this particular interview, and resigned when it became clear he wasnt going to listen. So its very much in his manner im afraid.

The funny thing is, i dont think its going to make much difference. People have stopped looking at Andrew, and are more interested in Harry and Megan. Andrew is in many ways, yesterdays man.

Well he was the spare heir, now well and truly obsolete in that role, baring the 'King Ralph' situation of course.

Last century he could have been sent somewhere as a governor general somewhere, or even a state governor in an empire country.  Just to get him out of the way.  Those days are gone.

Do you think that we may have the first royal suicide for some time at some stage soon? 

#13 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0252 AM

No, I dont think he is a quitter.

I dont know if we could make him Governor of Gibraltar? Im sure his smooth charm would do much to placate our Spanish friends. :)

#14 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,418 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0345 AM

I dont know if we could make him Governor of Gibraltar? Im sure his smooth charm would do much to placate our Spanish friends. :)

Governor of St Marie perhaps?

#15 RETAC21

RETAC21

A la lealtad y al valor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,858 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0350 AM

He will blend for sure in the party scene at Marbella...

#16 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0407 AM

You went and broke the commonwealth poster streak. Shame on you.

:)

#17 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 19,551 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0753 AM

Andrew is just channeling his inner Charles II.

#18 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0757 AM

:D

#19 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 56,843 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 0802 AM

Something horribly like this came to mind...

#20 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 2118 PM

I agree with you in many ways, 'but' (no excuses though) he may have been thinking below the waist rather than his head and failed to consider why would a lovely young woman even think of him (an old man of 40) in a sexual way?  Even the royals don't necessarily use their brains.

And the Prince's security detail?  Surely they had been in contact with MI5 / 6 / 7 /  8 or whatever (even with Judy Dench!) and asked about Epstein?  Isn't anyone who comes in private contact with a royal meant to be vetted? 
Why would a young woman want an old man in his sixties? He is rich and famous, of course. Donald Trump once explained it crudely but accurately.

Edited by R011, 22 November 2019 - 2120 PM.