206 replies to this topic

#201 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 AM

I’m offended by the disrespect shown his grandmother more than anything else.   Despite the fact that she is all about herself and no one else.

Which "she"? QE2? Meghan?

and agree on the disrespect to his grandmother and family in general to break it to them this way.

I like(d) Harry since he and William both seem “real” compared to Charles.

Charles always came across as a quirky uncle with weird hobbies. Well, he has been king-in-waiting all his life and chances are he might even never become one.

No, the Queen is becoming increasingly frail. I dont think she has got much longer left.

I cant see Charles getting more than 2 decades tops though.

#202 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,425 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 AM

I think she will dump him when he is no longer "monetizable" or somehow is seen as advancing HER career.

She essentially had no career.  Her greatest claim to fame was as eye candy love interest for one of the protagonists on a TV series relatively few people watched.

After she divorces the Royal Formerly Known As Prince, she will be primed to make millions on some "reality" TV show. Ex-Wives Club or something.

#203 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 32,425 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

image018-copy-2-1.jpg

#204 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Harry is probably going to be able to handle the press unleashed better than Meghan, whether in Canada or anywhere else in the world they travel to.

There are photographers who will make their living on staking out the ex royal couple for the next 15 years.

#205 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 19,339 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 PM

I’m offended by the disrespect shown his grandmother more than anything else.   Despite the fact that she is all about herself and no one else.

Which "she"? QE2? Meghan?

and agree on the disrespect to his grandmother and family in general to break it to them this way.

I like(d) Harry since he and William both seem “real” compared to Charles.

Charles always came across as a quirky uncle with weird hobbies. Well, he has been king-in-waiting all his life and chances are he might even never become one.

Meghan

#206 Jeff

Jeff

Godfather of Tanknet Birthday Greetings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,751 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

The guy came home from Afghanistan in a C17 with a guy mutilated for life, and it made a lasting impression. He has spent most of the past 10 years drawing attention to and helping those servicemen. Before that he was open about battles with his mental health, mostly dating from being dragged in front of a ravenous media to bury his mother. Yes, he lives in reality, and I suspect not a nice one for all his privilege.

Harry has flaws, but he has lived and he knows reality. Lets not take dislike of his Mrs (and I share many of the concerns) into character assasination. It's no better than what our media has been doing to the Royal family for decades.

I respect your opinion Jeff, always. Kindly show the same respect. I may be many things, but ignorant I'm not.

Then why do you routinely not read what people write? I said he is a decent man and that is precisely why he was targeted by her. I said nothing about his mental health, only hers. But when this disaster finally falls apart, he will have to come to grips with the part he played in it. He allowed her to separate him from his family, his friends and his responsibilities. He will have ignored countless people telling him he's being a fool. The hardest thing he will have to learn is to walk away from a train wreck he can do nothing about no matter how well intentioned he is and no matter how hard he tries to "make it better". He's a good man who is having his best traits used as weapons against him. That's a mighty bitter pill to swallow once reality finally hits him in the face hard enough to realize what he's put up with. I feel a huge amount of sorrow for him even if I want to smack him upside the head and scream "Wake up!"

Research Borderline Personality Disorder, particularly the comments of those who've walked in Harry's shoes. It will be a road map for what has and what will happen to the guy. It's enough to make you cry. BTDT, I know exactly what he's experiencing and just how ugly it will get for him. I hope he wakes up in time to tell the Queen he's sorry and for her to see her grandson escape the nightmare. If it happens afterwards, he'll regret it the rest of his life.

#207 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 19,339 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:49 PM

I really feel sorry for him, and HM.