• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,389 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 30 August 2018 - 1255 PM

So went to check out the discount you get for grabbing Take Crew now... and you save all of $10 going from $80 to $70.  Given it's a niche market I can understand the price.  Unfortunately my system specs are just below what they recommend so shelving out that much for something that may not run would be silly at this point.  I'm way overdue for upgrading my machine.

#22 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 1613 PM

DCS a/c modules cost $50 to $80 and then one has to buy a map and then buy ground targets for the map.

#23 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Of the Veronica Cartwright Ilk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,531 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 0221 AM

Yeah, they are also not as coordinated at having aircraft developed for the map. For example, we have a Georgian map, no Turkish airbases, and no Turkish aircraft.

They are improving. There is an F14 coming out, and we have a Persian Gulf map where its going to fit in. And there is a Falklands war map with associated aircraft including a Pucara that looks interesting. No eta though.

DCS is a licence to print money, though that is not denying the general excellence of the modules they produce. Even the Mig21 which still has a ton of bugs is fantastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users