#23 Marcello

Marcello

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 0734 AM

Oops

Moderate and Islamist rebel groups in a Damascus suburb in Syria signed a “non-aggression” agreement with the Islamic State (ISIS), a Syrian monitoring group said. Some of the brigades are part of the U.S.-backed Syrian Revolutionary Front but have now agreed to a truce in Hajar al-Assad with ISIS

#24 lucklucky

lucklucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 1040 AM

http://www.utsandieg...erhood-leaders/

Meanwhile Muslim Brotherhood moves to Turkey. For the already bad blood with Egypt to be even bigger.

#25 DADI

DADI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 2350 PM

Oops

Moderate and Islamist rebel groups in a Damascus suburb in Syria signed a “non-aggression” agreement with the Islamic State (ISIS), a Syrian monitoring group said. Some of the brigades are part of the U.S.-backed Syrian Revolutionary Front but have now agreed to a truce in Hajar al-Assad with ISIS

I wouldn't put money on that agreement, the claim that the sides to it represent IS and/or any "moderate" side to the conflict (The claim that IS would bother to "sign" non-aggression agreements does not seem to reflect what has been going on so far). I would put money, OTOH that this so called "agreement" will serve as an argument against coalition involvement in Syria, which happens to be the weakest spot in this shaky coalition, while the same news item in Arabic will be translated to a "co-operation agreement".
IS have been managing a carefully planned media campaign.. You wouldn't think they'd stop because Sec. Kerry is wandering in circles all over the ME attempting to establish a minimal common grounds for such coalition's real action.

Edited by DADI, 14 September 2014 - 0103 AM.

#26 mnm

mnm

Plague doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 1818 PM

The more I read the less I geddit.

U.N. Golan peacekeepers pull back from Syrian positions amid clashes

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. peacekeepers in the Golan Heights are pulling out from four positions and a camp on the Syrian side of the Syrian-Israeli border due to a severe deterioration of security in the region, the United Nations said on Monday.

The decision to pull blue-helmeted observers back to the Israeli side of...

That's what I don't get, retreating to the Israeli side? But aren't they the murderers, the child killers? The ones who shoot Iron Dome missiles into Gaza schools and hospitals? And the UN retreat to their side! I don't understand anything any longer!

#27 Rod

Rod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 2015 PM

And see how no one talks about the supposed blunder that Israel did by not making an agreement with the Assads in Syria and withdrawing from the Golan, where there would be peacekeepers to guarantee the peace.....

The more I read the less I geddit.

U.N. Golan peacekeepers pull back from Syrian positions amid clashes

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. peacekeepers in the Golan Heights are pulling out from four positions and a camp on the Syrian side of the Syrian-Israeli border due to a severe deterioration of security in the region, the United Nations said on Monday.

The decision to pull blue-helmeted observers back to the Israeli side of...

That's what I don't get, retreating to the Israeli side? But aren't they the murderers, the child killers? The ones who shoot Iron Dome missiles into Gaza schools and hospitals? And the UN retreat to their side! I don't understand anything any longer!

#28 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,347 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 2338 PM

Oops

So much for moderates. :lol:

#29 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,124 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 0225 AM

Der Leader has a plan for this........

#30 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 1510 PM

143473_156795595_01kghktdh.jpeg

#31 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 1113 AM

delete

Edited by bojan, 21 September 2014 - 1114 AM.

#32 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 2152 PM

200k flee Syria, mostly into Turkey

Also, US airstrikes have begun

This leaves room for disaster:

The strikes in Syria were not invited by the government of Bashar Assad who is waging a brutal civil war against opponents of his regime, including IS militants. It's unclear how Assad will react to the U.S-led attacks. His military possesses sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles, although most of them are near the capital of Damascus and near the border with Israel.

Edited by Stargrunt6, 22 September 2014 - 2155 PM.

#33 crazyinsane105

crazyinsane105

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 2217 PM

200k flee Syria, mostly into Turkey

Also, US airstrikes have begun

This leaves room for disaster:

The strikes in Syria were not invited by the government of Bashar Assad who is waging a brutal civil war against opponents of his regime, including IS militants. It's unclear how Assad will react to the U.S-led attacks. His military possesses sophisticated anti-aircraft missiles, although most of them are near the capital of Damascus and near the border with Israel.

Assad won't do a damn thing. Why would he? We're striking at militants that are against him. With the US and NATO after ISIS, he can concentrate on wiping out the moderate rebels. 

Edited by crazyinsane105, 22 September 2014 - 2218 PM.

#34 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0015 AM

#35 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0136 AM

Aircraft from several Arab states took part in the attack. They were: Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, according to a senior Defense Department official who was not authorized to speak publicly about their participation.

Conflict of interest.    :lol:

#36 DADI

DADI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0239 AM

IAF shoots down Syrian fighter jet over Golan Hights...

Quite a memory flash.

Apparently a Sukhoi 24 was shot down using a Patriot Missile...

#37 swerve

swerve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,779 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0625 AM

Aircraft from several Arab states took part in the attack. They were: Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, according to a senior Defense Department official who was not authorized to speak publicly about their participation.

Conflict of interest.    :lol:

Finally realised that the genie's out of the bottle & out of control, & started panicking.

#38 Rod

Rod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0649 AM

I guess those old Patriots are still in good working order. I wonder what is the shelf life of those PAC-1 missiles.

IAF shoots down Syrian fighter jet over Golan Hights...
Quite a memory flash.

Apparently a Sukhoi 24 was shot down using a Patriot Missile...

#39 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,600 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 0802 AM

As manufactured in their launch containers they were supposed to have a 10 year shelf life, sealed (the whole 'wood round' thing from the 80's). No idea about the date of manufacture or if they have been refurbished; I'm sure the IDF wouldn't keep them lying around unless they had a high confidence of them being in working order.

#40 jaro

jaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 1035 AM

are Raptors over Syria? i just saw an article about it..