#1 JasonJ

JasonJ

nemui

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 04 November 2018 - 2240 PM

All those other European countries. No Ukraine, we know what would happen. Big Spain related thread already regarding Catalonia. There are other threads but with lots of little threads, the search engine doesn't seem to catch them all. So might be handy to have a general thread for all other Europe countries besides the ones represented by our highly respected and active contingents. The "Because, so and so country" content can probably fit here too since having lots of little threads for because Spain, because Poland, because Italy, that see little and gets left behind I thought. Because Scandinavia stands fairly well on its own. Merge it here or not, y'all are the judge. Might be neat to get some snippits from all these countries, even if at risk of hidden fueds.

Oh and..
Spoiler

Of course one can expect some derailments or discussions concerning these European countries and the other parties. For example, an Italian defense minister visited JS Izumo (or Kaga, forgot which) not long ago or Italy has a word with Brussels thus likely to involve Germany and EU in general so yeah of course. We are adults afterall, within reason ja :)

I thought about making a new thread since I didn't know a suitable place to put recent Italy news I thought worth getting attention. The bridge collapse (did get its own thread to be fair) but some serious flooding now, the election, GDP growth of 0% this quarter, and so on and it was either going to be a thread that gets forgotten and lost in time or buried in a thread that offers little breathing room from a dominant reoccuring target subject.

Edited by JasonJ, 04 November 2018 - 2244 PM.

#2 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted 04 November 2018 - 2257 PM

What about Turkey?

#3 JasonJ

JasonJ

nemui

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 2303 PM

Turkey? Sure, if y'all dare.

#4 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 0403 AM

I'll be stuffed with turkey the 22nd of this month  ;)

#5 JasonJ

JasonJ

nemui

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 0430 AM

Do they eat turkey in Turkey?

#6 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 0457 AM

Some may think it is "fowl" to eat turkey in Turkey. With the world situation today I would not want to ruffle any feathers suggesting Turkey gobble turkey.

#7 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 1003 AM

Turkey cannot into Europe.

#8 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 1636 PM

Some may think it is "fowl" to eat turkey in Turkey. With the world situation today I would not want to ruffle any feathers suggesting Turkey gobble turkey.

Yeah Turkey is in a gravy situation right now.

#9 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • Interests:Military history, computer sims, my daughter

Posted 05 November 2018 - 2306 PM

Hah, Turkeys you say?! I got about a dozen of them strutting around my complex like a bunch of mini Mick Jaggers pecking & pooping all over the walkways.

#10 Martin M

Martin M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0225 AM

Hah, Turkeys you say?! I got about a dozen of them strutting around my complex like a bunch of mini Mick Jaggers pecking & pooping all over the walkways.

oh ...   Mick Jaggers

you´re going to need all 12 of them for one dinner,  and be sure to marinate them for about a week

#11 JasonJ

JasonJ

nemui

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0636 AM

Not anymore at least. 5-10 years ago, maybe there was a possible path.

#12 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,558 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0708 AM

Yeah, and not like in 1683.

#13 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0733 AM

Why not anymore? Has Poland reinstated their winged hussars in the last 15 years?

#14 JasonJ

JasonJ

nemui

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0741 AM

Why not anymore? Has Poland reinstated their winged hussars in the last 15 years?

Yeah, anymore is branding the whole of future years. Maybe in a post-Erdogan Turkey? 

#15 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0751 AM

Speaking of the whole of Europe...

Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’ to defend against Russia and the US

The Independent

Emmanuel Macron has called for the creation of a “true European army” to allow the EU defend itself from threats ranging from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin.

The French president has pushed for closer EU defence union since coming to power last year but has been so far met with limited success amid foot-dragging by other member states.

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America,” Mr Macron told France’s Europe 1 radio in an interview. “When I see President Trump announcing that he's quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security.” 

The French president continued: “We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army.

#16 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 0810 AM

oh ...   Mick Jaggers

you´re going to need all 12 of them for one dinner,  and be sure to marinate them for about a week

Sheesh...last year during the Holidays they disappeared. No doubt the smell of their brethren burning in ovens got them spooked.

#17 Gregory

Gregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 1527 PM

Speaking of the whole of Europe...

Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’ to defend against Russia and the US

The Independent

Emmanuel Macron has called for the creation of a “true European army” to allow the EU defend itself from threats ranging from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin.
The French president has pushed for closer EU defence union since coming to power last year but has been so far met with limited success amid foot-dragging by other member states.

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America,” Mr Macron told France’s Europe 1 radio in an interview. “When I see President Trump announcing that he's quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security.” 

The French president continued: “We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army.

So, I take it France will be departing NATO in short order?

#18 R011

R011

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 2122 PM

There is precedent for a French-led pan-European Army. It did reasonably well for several years before those meddling English and sneaky Russians made a mess of it all.

#19 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,111 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 06 November 2018 - 2201 PM

There is precedent for a French-led pan-European Army. It did reasonably well for several years before those meddling English and sneaky Russians made a mess of it all.

And finished off by a late backstab by the Germans!

#20 NickM

NickM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 2236 PM

Been able to watch Greek news...some sort of kerfuffle with, of all places, Albania: An ethnic Greek in Southern Albania flew the Greek Flag over the gravesite of Greek Soldiers killed in 1940 during the Italian/Greek War. He decided that shooting at Albanian police with an AK was a 'prudent' thing to do & got shot & killed in return.

Meanwhile, an Albanian group filmed themselves shooting up a Greek flag with AKs and setting it on fire & making threats that they were gonna do the same to all of Greece--or something like that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: France, Italy, sure Spain why not, Greece, Poland Estonia Lithuania, Serbia Portugal Norway, Latvia Denmark Finland, Sweden Croatia Belgium, Switzerland Czech Republic, Hungary etc etc etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users