Kiev Is Burning

• Please log in to reply
18613 replies to this topic

#18601 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,274 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 15 July 2019 - 0415 AM

Chris....you been talking to PM May again.......

#18602 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 0532 AM

https://www.ifri.org...sia-and-ukraine

research about the ukrainian nazis that roman keeps mentioning so much

https://www.ifri.org...icals_final.pdf

russian nazis on separatist side played a much more important role, supported and organised by russian security services, in starting the war

#18603 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,250 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 16 July 2019 - 0035 AM

By the way about Nazi in Ukraine  - following recent @show" by pro-Ukrainians (including terror acts threats) police raided their friends in Italy

https://www.poliziad...sBy9td0mVsmUeR4

D_iK9bLUcAAxf5o.jpg

D_gpXZaWkAAFeSe.jpg

Google translated

"The anti-terrorism section of the Turin Digos concluded an operation this morning against three people responsible for the possession of war weapons and firearms.

The investigations had begun about a year ago when the police headquarters in Turin, coordinated by the Central Directorate of Prevention Police, had monitored some people linked to political movements of the ultra-right and who had fought in the Ukrainian region of Donbass against the separatists.

In the end thanks to wiretapping and stalking it was discovered that a man from Gallarate, in the province of Varese, illegally held a santabarbara; the man was also highlighted for the sale of an air - to - air missile that was then found and seized in the province of Pavia.

In addition to the missile, which has no explosive but "resettable" charge, Digos investigators seized 9 assault rifles, a submachine gun, 7 guns, 3 shotguns, 20 bayonets, nearly a thousand cartridges and many parts of weapons.

Coats of arms and signs of explicit Nazi inspiration have been found in the habitation"

#18604 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 0223 AM

in mid-90´s my friend worked in Criminal Police (detective), for a while he kept a Strela SAM (without explosive charge) in his cabinet, that he had confiscated from some sov. military pensioner who tried selling it

the ´´resettable´´ in your post means reusable, as in training missile (for ground personnel)?

and again,  your ´because nazis´  brushes completely aside the fact that ukraine side had some rather loose warrior bands, except Azov, while russian side had their neo-nazis/neo-soviets etc. coordinated at highest level - FSB, GRU

and honestly, is the ukrainian-nazis theme your personal ´´but in america they lynch negros´´- thing   :P​

https://en.wikipedia...ynching_Negroes

Edited by bd1, 16 July 2019 - 0228 AM.

#18605 wendist

wendist

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 0443 AM

Can someone tell what a "santabarbara" is, in this context, and why it is illegal to hold one? My own WAG would be "arms cache" because that is what shows up in a lot of the pictures I got when searching for an answer.

#18606 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 52,614 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 0540 AM

in mid-90´s my friend worked in Criminal Police (detective), for a while he kept a Strela SAM (without explosive charge) in his cabinet, that he had confiscated from some sov. military pensioner who tried selling it

the ´´resettable´´ in your post means reusable, as in training missile (for ground personnel)?

and again,  your ´because nazis´  brushes completely aside the fact that ukraine side had some rather loose warrior bands, except Azov, while russian side had their neo-nazis/neo-soviets etc. coordinated at highest level - FSB, GRU

and honestly, is the ukrainian-nazis theme your personal ´´but in america they lynch negros´´- thing   :P​

https://en.wikipedia...ynching_Negroes

Ukrainian Nazi's has become as much an internet meme as 'Polite young men' and 'Vladimir Putin is muscular'.

If the Ukrainians are all Nazi's, why does Russia so obviously want it back so much?

#18607 AETiglathPZ

AETiglathPZ

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 1708 PM

Ukrainian Nazi's has become as much an internet meme as 'Polite young men' and 'Vladimir Putin is muscular'.

If the Ukrainians are all Nazi's, why does Russia so obviously want it back so much?

You know Russians have solutions to such problems?

https://www.bing.com...AA&&FORM=VRDGAR

Edited by AETiglathPZ, 16 July 2019 - 1709 PM.

#18608 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,696 posts
  • Interests:Technology, History

Posted 16 July 2019 - 1752 PM

Can someone tell what a "santabarbara" is, in this context, and why it is illegal to hold one? My own WAG would be "arms cache" because that is what shows up in a lot of the pictures I got when searching for an answer.

In Spanish naval jargon, the santabarbara of a ship is the place where powder is stored.

#18609 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 1820 PM

In Spanish naval jargon, the santabarbara of a ship is the place where powder is stored.

Named after the patron saint of miners, firewokers, artillery etc., I presume?

#18610 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,614 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 AM

5 Years today since MH17 was shot down.

https://www.huffingt...H18SixRur_P5UhK

“They used old satellite images and claimed it was from July and photoshopped some missile launchers out of it and in others had photoshopped missile launchers into it. They wanted to make the case that Ukraine was moving missile launchers about but we could prove that these images had been faked. 

“The most horrifying thing is that 298 people had just died and two days later they are publishing all these fakes and lying to the world about it, which I think tells you everything you need to know about Russia’s involvement in it.”

#18611 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • 23,899 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted Today, 01:44 AM

How do these children differ from those hiding from Russian artillery in Syria? 

Children are the same everywhere. But,
1) there is no "Russian artillery in Syria" - but only Syrian Gov artillery in Syrian civil war (where opposing side is verying from moderate headcutters to radical headcutters)
2) I do  not remember Syrian President publically promising to win his civil war by forcing his opponents children into living in shelters and keeping their parents unemployed - while President of Ukraine did exactly this

One of your own bloggers revealed the presence of a Russian 2A65 battery in Syria. However, if you want to substitute "Russian proxy" for Russian or "bombing" for artillery, that's fine. What I find cringeworthy and way below your usual standard is attempting to claim the moral high ground by posting photos of endangered children. Were I to stoop to this level of argument, I could find loads of pics of kids cowering in cellars.

#18612 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,614 posts

Posted Today, 02:03 AM

The oldest internet meme since the internet began. 'Think of the Children! Will nobody think of the Children?!!!?'.

Which is entirely laudatory as an attitude in the real world. From a side that endorses barrel bombs, Chemical weapons and Grad rocket batteries on civilian areas, for me, for me its reading a little shrill and hollow.

'Oh look, there is a Backfire bomber dropping bombs through cloud. Good job there isnt any civilian areas below!'

Edited by Stuart Galbraith, Today, 02:04 AM.

#18613 wendist

wendist

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted Today, 02:52 AM

Thanks! Then I guess my WAG was not that far of the mark.

We have St.Barbara as our patron saint as well, celebrated by our few remaining artillery men. Which apparently is a tradition we picked up from the norwegians back in the 80's. We are not big on saints around here. ;)

#18614 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 52,614 posts

Posted 22 minutes ago

Bellingcat Podcast: MH17, Episode 1 Guide: The People Who Fell From the Sky

https://www.bellingc...pisode-guide-1/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users