21 replies to this topic

#21 Ken Estes

Ken Estes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,734 posts
  • Interests:USMC Tanker, Historian

Posted 08 January 2010 - 0508 AM

I took Advanced Registry Optimizer from Zoombli.com had no trouble using it in several computers not just the one licensed and have been somewhat impressed and believe I am seeing some improvement in speed from older machines. In the end, I will still use System Recovery and reset to factory state and reinstall everything in these machines [c.2005]. It's a bore but PC Mag had an article some years back stating that most data dinks prefer to reinstall every few months to keep their machines running at top form. It's not called Microsloth for nothing [sorry, neighbor Bill]!

#22 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

Velkomin heim Tankur-netters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Interests:Family, friends, people, stuff of life in general --- past, present and future!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 1445 PM

If I ever finally get a workable idea and business plan worked out that passes tests and acceptance then I'm hoping that sometime next year I'll be earning again and can actually spring for a couple of good programs that can do fuller and better jobs. Meanwhile the freeware things are my options. I wish there was one that could search out old programs files that belong to old programs I removed from my computer. I wouldn't know what to look for unless the old program name is obvious attached to the file so I know that and can safely delete them. But I noticed lots of what looked like leftover garbage and have to go through things file by file to delete each one that looks redundant cuz program no longer on my computer.

Anyways, have not tried to defrag or scan since I used this program the other day so don't yet know if my computer will crash again or run through as yet. ;) My fingers are crossed for that it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users