• Please log in to reply
18533 replies to this topic

#18521 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,598 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 17 May 2019 - 1403 PM

I'm all for letting Roman post to his heart's content, as long as it is within the intended context of the thread. Simon is right that there is no requirement for Roman or anyone else to give a balanced perspective.

#18522 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,088 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 17 May 2019 - 1559 PM

USSR-population-chnage-89-18.jpg

https://brilliantmap...5oSbG7IoCEes9JQ

Population Change in the Former Soviet Republics Between 1989 & 2018

#18523 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,088 posts
  • Interests:Tank recovery

Posted 20 May 2019 - 1530 PM

Photoshop warriors: Ukraine Minister of Defence Poltorak published his photos with destroyed Kremlin, conveniently created in photoshop
1558361601-1168.jpg?0.7496614257405334
But fighting Russia was too frightening for them even in photoshop, so after 40 minutes the picture was removed
https://www.unian.ne...in-kremlya.html

Also, Poltorak was fired today by new President Zelensky, so this photoshop battle was the last one in this brave warrior military career.

#18524 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,655 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 2249 PM

It is interesting that Glenn and Roman never contest the charge that they are Russian accounts operated perhaps by multiple people. Myself and others have more or less explicitly stated we believed so and neither account has ever to my knowledge contested the point.

Although Id be rather touched if we actually ranked high enough for a paid shill; it would have to be a rather vast campaign to occupy this little corner. I have both of them set to ignore, personally.

As per Roman's post above, I never thought you were serious, that you were just blowing off steam or something.  But, it seems you are serious.  So, your post has been reported to Moderator, since I assume you want this matter of a Canadian Russianbot to come to moderator's attention.

My suggestion would be that moderator or a Canadian poster (R011?) living in Canada can give me a call at work to establish the fact I am Canadian.  Then, after that is out of the way, that you should be held accountable for your actions.

do you do you not eat Ham and pineapple pizza?

Do you consider Aunt Jemima syrup on pancakes a crime?

What does Duct tape have to do with the Canadian Identity?

What is the PET finger?

Do you think Yankee beer is piss?  

#18525 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 23,214 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted 20 May 2019 - 2259 PM

Is that like a canuck void comp? Labatts is piss.

#18526 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,655 posts
  • Interests:tanks, old and new AFV's, Landrovers, diving, hovercrafts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 0007 AM

In 1980-90's Canadian beer was far better than US beer, but far less that european beer, we were just starting to move away from the "drinking factory tavern". Admittedly the US has improved with Craft beer, but so has Canada and Canadian pisswater is still better than US pisswater.

#18527 glenn239

glenn239

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 0749 AM

It is interesting that Glenn and Roman never contest the charge that they are Russian accounts operated perhaps by multiple people. Myself and others have more or less explicitly stated we believed so and neither account has ever to my knowledge contested the point.

Although Id be rather touched if we actually ranked high enough for a paid shill; it would have to be a rather vast campaign to occupy this little corner. I have both of them set to ignore, personally.

As per Roman's post above, I never thought you were serious, that you were just blowing off steam or something.  But, it seems you are serious.  So, your post has been reported to Moderator, since I assume you want this matter of a Canadian Russianbot to come to moderator's attention.

My suggestion would be that moderator or a Canadian poster (R011?) living in Canada can give me a call at work to establish the fact I am Canadian.  Then, after that is out of the way, that you should be held accountable for your actions.

do you do you not eat Ham and pineapple pizza?

Do you consider Aunt Jemima syrup on pancakes a crime?

What does Duct tape have to do with the Canadian Identity?

What is the PET finger?

Do you think Yankee beer is piss?  

Nope, don't like pineapple on pizza.  

Don't eat pancakes.

The Red Green Show.  Saw a taping of that at the studio in Toronto once.  Very impressive - they tended to nail their scenes first take.

PET finger I assume is that time back in the - I wanna say 1970's -  when Trudeau gave the finger?
Yes, American beer is pisswater, but I like the pisswater better than the heavier stuff.

#18528 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 51,488 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 0803 AM

You are all worried about beer, and Europe is burning (again). Really?

https://www.dailymai...war-Russia.html

Ukraines

new President Volodymyr Zelensky used his inaugural speech on Monday to announce a snap election, before promising to end the country's five-year conflict with Russia.    

A month after scoring a landslide victory against incumbent Petro Poroshenko amid widespread public discontent with the political establishment, the 41-year-old comedian has become Ukraine's youngest post-Soviet president.

Zelensky said he would dissolve the country's legislature in order to call early parliamentary elections, which had originally been scheduled for October.

'People must come to power who will serve the public,' Zelensky said after wrangling with hostile lawmakers whom he has called 'petty crooks'.

He also vowed to stop the war against Moscow-backed separatists in the east of the country that has claimed over 13,000 lives.    

'Our first task is a ceasefire in the Donbass,' Zelensky said during his inauguration ceremony in parliament in Kiev, prompting a round of applause.

The eastern Donbass region which has been gripped by unrest since the conflict began in 2014.

'Crimea and Donbass are Ukrainian land,' Zelensky said, adding that Ukraine had lost not just territory but the hearts and minds of people living there, who 'are not strangers, they are ours, Ukrainians.'  

Critics had questioned whether Zelensky would be able to govern without a parliamentary majority. Even setting a date for his inauguration took weeks of negotiations with lawmakers.

In a hard-hitting speech, Zelensky called for the sacking of the head of the state security service, prosecutor-general and defence minister - which has to be approved by parliament.

Defence Minister Stepan Poltorak and the head of the SBU security service Vasyl Grytsak swiftly tendered their resignations. 

Zelensky took a non-traditional route to his inauguration - walking on foot from his home nearby, after saying he wanted a less pompous ceremony.

Dressed in a dark suit, he exchanged high fives with supporters waiting outside, took selfies with them and even jumped up planting a kiss on a supporter's forehead.

In his speech, Zelensky referred to his background as a comedian. 'In my life, I've tried to do all I could to make Ukrainians smile,' he said.

'In the next five years I'll do all I can so that Ukrainians don't cry.'

The parliament's speaker Andriy Parubiy closed the inauguration ceremony with words: 'Thanks everyone, this has been fun.'

This has got season 8 of Game of Thrones written all over it.

#18529 KV7

KV7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 0900 AM

Ukraines

new President Volodymyr Zelensky used his inaugural speech on Monday to announce a snap election, before promising to end the country's five-year conflict with Russia.    

A month after scoring a landslide victory against incumbent Petro Poroshenko amid widespread public discontent with the political establishment, the 41-year-old comedian has become Ukraine's youngest post-Soviet president.

Zelensky said he would dissolve the country's legislature in order to call early parliamentary elections, which had originally been scheduled for October.

'People must come to power who will serve the public,' Zelensky said after wrangling with hostile lawmakers whom he has called 'petty crooks'.

He also vowed to stop the war against Moscow-backed separatists in the east of the country that has claimed over 13,000 lives.    

'Our first task is a ceasefire in the Donbass,' Zelensky said during his inauguration ceremony in parliament in Kiev, prompting a round of applause.

The eastern Donbass region which has been gripped by unrest since the conflict began in 2014.

'Crimea and Donbass are Ukrainian land,' Zelensky said, adding that Ukraine had lost not just territory but the hearts and minds of people living there, who 'are not strangers, they are ours, Ukrainians.'  

Critics had questioned whether Zelensky would be able to govern without a parliamentary majority. Even setting a date for his inauguration took weeks of negotiations with lawmakers.

In a hard-hitting speech, Zelensky called for the sacking of the head of the state security service, prosecutor-general and defence minister - which has to be approved by parliament.

Defence Minister Stepan Poltorak and the head of the SBU security service Vasyl Grytsak swiftly tendered their resignations. 

Zelensky took a non-traditional route to his inauguration - walking on foot from his home nearby, after saying he wanted a less pompous ceremony.

Dressed in a dark suit, he exchanged high fives with supporters waiting outside, took selfies with them and even jumped up planting a kiss on a supporter's forehead.

In his speech, Zelensky referred to his background as a comedian. 'In my life, I've tried to do all I could to make Ukrainians smile,' he said.

The parliament's speaker Andriy Parubiy closed the inauguration ceremony with words: 'Thanks everyone, this has been fun.'

He sounds as good as can be expected. What are you worried about ? 

#18530 glenn239

glenn239

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 1115 AM

Right, with the situations in Venezuela and Iran and North Korea, I doubt Pompeo stopped by in Moscow to make demands on behalf of Ukraine....

#18531 JWB

JWB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,348 posts
  • Interests:everything (almost)

Posted 21 May 2019 - 1124 AM

Ukraines

He sounds as good as can be expected. What are you worried about ? 

Long knives at his back?

#18532 Dark_Falcon

Dark_Falcon

The Stryker's Friend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:26 PM

Ukraines

I dunno: He can't use flying dragons, or their Su-25 and Mi-24 equivalents; Pro-Russia forces have far too much Anti-Aircraft capability to allow use of ground attack planes without supporting aerial assets Ukraine doesn't have. Tunguska and Pantasir-S1 Air defense vehicles put even the Night King's ice spears in the shade. 

#18533 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • 23,214 posts
  • Interests:tanks. More tanks. Guns. BIG GUNs!

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Pretty please. Dont quote long tracts.

#18534 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted Today, 12:28 AM

Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza, absolutely.

Yes

Don't know

Don't know

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users