439 replies to this topic

#421 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 0536 AM

Following up on another case on this thread, the suspect in this murder, a 42-year-old Moroccan named as Boujemaa L., is now on trial in Bayreuth. He has admitted to killing Sophia L. and burning her body after driving all the way to Spain from Germany with it, but denies sexually assaulting her, which appears in fact difficult to prove forensically; the claim seems in part based upon cellphone video of himself masturbating an hour before he met the later victim.

Per his version of events, he caught her rummaging through his personal belongings in the truck's cab during a stop at a Bavarian rest area, upon which she threw his stuff down and hit him in the face. He then hit her back several times with a tool he had still in hand from checking the tires; then again after initially leaving the cab, returning and her grabbing his leg. He claims he later found some hashish on the cab's passenger side and realized that's what she had been looking for. It currently seems to me both sides are reaching a little in their attempts at explanation.

This guy was given a life sentence for murder this week. The defense had argued for manslaughter, claiming he killed her immediately in an emotional outburst when she rejected his sexual advances; but the court found that he did so with a clear mind afterwards, to cover up his initial attack that left her inconscious. There was no determination of whether a sexual assault actually occurred, since the state of the burned body didn't permit this.

#422 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 0651 AM

Eight Syrians and one each Algerian, German and Iraqi aged 18 to 30 are now on trial in this case. The main suspect, 23-year-old Majd H., is accused of having sold ecstasy pills at the club along with an accomplice, including to the later victim and a friend, as well as giving a spiked drink to the former after they engaged in talk on the dancefloor. He then lured her outside on the pretense of showing her a tatoo on his upper tigh, where he raped her.

Afterwards he returned to the club and told various acquaintances that there was a woman outside that could be fucked; he specifically called the German defendant to invite him, too. Rapes lasted from ca. 0030 to 0300 hours while the victim was reduced to weak resistance with fingernails and twigs from the brush due to the drugs. The role of a 21-year-old Syrian who entered the scene last is not quite clear; he helped the victim dress and get out of the brush, and took her and her friend to his place where the two girls slept on the bed and he on the floor.

The prosecution maintains however that he was also among the previous rapists, and only took her off the scene as the drugs wore off. His defense says there is no evidence for that other than hearsay, that the victim never accused him, and there wasn't even any proof there were actually drugs in her drink, unlike the ecstasy she took willingly. Of course the main suspect also claims the sex with her was consensual.

The latter guy and two other Syrians were released from remand this week after the rape charges were dropped against them. However, they remain on trial with the rest for charges of failure to render aid.

#423 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 1300 PM

Berlin prosecutors have charged the heads of one of the city's notorious criminal Arab clans with a number of crimes in relation to rapper Anis Mohamed Youssef Ferchichi, AKA Bushido. Bushido had long been tight with clan chief Arafat Abou-Chaker until a spectacular break last year; it subsequently emerged that Abou-Chaker had been very controlling not only in their business relations, to the point of having power of attorney for Bushido's finances, but also of the latter's private life.

The breaking point apparently came when Bushido's wife Anna-Maria (since 2012, sister of pop star Sarah Connor) wouldn't take Abou-Chaker's interference with her family. In an interview after the split, she said she was afraid of retaliation by the clan, and some of the charges now are probably related to that. Besides Arafat Abou-Chaker, those are also against his brothers Yasser, Nasser and Rommel.

Yep.

230114_908223010.png

#424 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 1023 AM

Meanwhile there are reports that US intelligence has identified the Berlin hitman as a 48-year-old former member of a Russian interior ministry unit who was convicted for murder in Russia once already about 15 years ago. Per this, he travelled to Berlin via Paris and Warsaw, where Polish police recovered some items from the hotel room he seems to have used as an immediate base. I see a movie coming up which includes the line "Boris, what would you think about a reduction of your time in here?"

Among the items recovered seems to have been a cellphone SIM card, which was probably very helpful for the investigation. The suspect may also have received the murder weapon in Warsaw. This is reportedly a Glock (26 by one source) sold to Estonia in 1986 (which must obviously include at least one error, since the Model 26 was only introduced in 1995) that subsequently had its barrel replaced.

The suspect was quickly visited in jail by two Russian embassy staffers, and is reported to behave exemplarily, almost in a military way. Investigators have found no personal motive or links to organized crime so far. There is some incomprehension why the case hasn't been taken over by federal prosecutors yet, who would be responsible with foreign intelligence involvement. The obvious explanation is that everybody wants to keep this low-key, and while Russian media have attacked speculation of their German counterparts about the background, there isn't the very noisy propaganda war between governments seen in the Skripal case etc. (of course that is certainly again related to the fact that they didn't contaminate all of downtown Berlin with WMDs).

#425 Daan

Daan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 1314 PM

Could the relative silence also have anything to do with the impression that the victim was not exactly the most sympathetic figure in western eyes? Are the Germans perhaps thinking 'Good riddance'?

Edited by Daan, 04 October 2019 - 1321 PM.

#426 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0658 AM

Halle (Saale) in East Germany. Attack on the local synagogue. Two dead. Police reports more than one perp on the run. The press reports the use of an SMG and a grenade. 

Just in, one suspect arrested. 

Update: Some reports say it happened at a Kebap shop that happenes to be next to the synagogue. 

https://www.bild.de/...33386.bild.html

Edited by Markus Becker, 09 October 2019 - 0703 AM.

#427 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0753 AM

More infromation from the authorities about the course of events.

The perps tried and failed to break into the synagogue where 80 to 100 attended a Yom Kippur service. Then they opened fire at the door and windows with automatic weapons. After that the shot at passers by and the Kebap shop and fled the scene by car. 

#428 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0757 AM

As usual at such an early point, there are conflicting reports. One says the attacker(s) tried, but failed to get into the synagogue, which was quite packed due to Yom Kippur. An eyewitness on TV said he saw a masked person wearing a helmet fire an assault rifle into the nearby kebap shop with a half-dozen patrons including himself inside, and also throw an explosive device which however bounced off the facade and exploded outside.

That was probably the place 30 meters from the synagogue where one of the dead was found; the other was a woman killed near a cemetery in the area (no mention whether Jewish or otherwise). There are images and video by witnesses of at least one perpetrator wearing some sort of combat outfit. By one report there were two of them who fled in a vehicle; by another they split up, and one was arrested in a taxi on the autobahn.

#429 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0807 AM

The perps tried and failed to break into the synagogue where 80 to 100 attended a Yom Kippur service. Then they opened fire at the door and windows with automatic weapons. After that the shot at passers by and the Kebap shop and fled the scene by car. 

Our last posts intersected. I thought it sounded a lot like their attempt at the primary target was frustrated, so they shot up anything vaguely or even not at all related in the area. The kebap shop may indicate a general xenophobic motive, or just have been the most populated venue to achieve maximum bodycount.

#430 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0938 AM

Our last posts intersected. I thought it sounded a lot like their attempt at the primary target was frustrated, so they shot up anything vaguely or even not at all related in the area. The kebap shop may indicate a general xenophobic motive, or just have been the most populated venue to achieve maximum bodycount.

At first I wondered what the target was. The shop or the synagoge but seeing the attacker on video pretty much rules out organized crime. 

I think the key are the passers by who were shot at. Where they having a plainly visible immigrant background or not? 

#431 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 0947 AM

According to the Protestant News Service the Federal Prosecution says the course of events points towards right wing extremists. 

#432 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1007 AM

It's hard to make out details from the cellphone video showing the guy (and I suspect there was only one; witnesses invariably report multiple gunmen in shooting sprees with single shooters) firing at police from behind his car. However, his gun doesn't strike me as the reported "assault rifle" or "machinegun". He fumbles a lot with it between shots, and the billowing smoke makes it look like a blackpowder weapon. The synagogue warden also said he watched him on camera while he fired several shots and threw "molotov cocktails, grenades or firecrackers" at the door over the course of five to ten minutes.

Sounds a lot like improvised weaponry to me, not what you expect from an organized crime hit or semi-connected jihadi. Even the Munich shooter got hold of a proper Glock via darknet, and that was an 18-year-old student. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be another basement-dwelling general-purpose nutter who couldn't get laid and sought his 15 minutes of fame by attacking the politically most sensitive target you can find in Germany, but in the end didn't care whom he killed to get coverage.

#433 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,899 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1017 AM

I meant he doesn't look like organized crime in his psuedo military gear. The media speculated he had a shotgun. Lone nutter? There were two perps AFAIK.

#434 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1215 PM

I'm just watching the helmet-cam video that the perpetrator streamed on Twitch during the attack.

It was only one young man, white, obvious neo-nazi "anon" dumbass 4chan dweller-type, who took part in the attack on the Synagogue and the Döner joint. It's quite striking how clumsy he acted during the attack, stumbling around, dropping his guns and ammo, constantly swearing at himself how much of a loser he is for fucking this up. The first woman he shot was just a passer-by walking on the street and passing his rental car. When he shot her a second time with his SMG while she lay on the ground, he actually hit his own car's tire, flattening it.

He had a ton of home-made pipe-bombs with him, most of which malfunctioned. No idea what type his guns were, but it looked like at least one SMG and one break-action shotgun, also kinda improvised / self-built looking. The guns also constantly malfunctioned, which saved the life of at least one man also passing by. 

Edited by Der Zeitgeist, 09 October 2019 - 1216 PM.

#435 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1217 PM

I meant he doesn't look like organized crime in his psuedo military gear. The media speculated he had a shotgun. Lone nutter? There were two perps AFAIK.

As I suspected, there apparently weren't. Suspect reported to be a 27-year-old German with no prior record who acted alone, named as Stephan B. Per current fashion, he videoed his spree by helmet cam; apparently he can be heard cursing Jews and Kanaken (general German slur for swarthy people) in the footage.

I'd buy he had some sort of break-open shotgun; that would explain the fumbling and smoke.

ETA: Overtaken again by Zeitgeist.

Edited by BansheeOne, 09 October 2019 - 1220 PM.

#436 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1221 PM

Adding to my post above: From the helmet-cam video, it's obvious that the perpetrator tried to pull a kind of copy-cat crime of the Christchurch attack, only hitting a synagogue instead of a mosque. Both videos are very similarly set up.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist, 09 October 2019 - 1235 PM.

#437 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1246 PM

Yup, obvious incel loser who never grew out of playing "Counterstrike".

halle-taeter.jpg

halle-taeter-von-vorne.jpg

#438 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 0032 AM

As usual in these kind of events, a "manifesto" from the killer was uploaded before the attack started.

Apart from the expected "weeb"-gamer-nazi language and ideology, it provides a full list with detailed information of the weaponry he used, all of them self-built, including the ammunition and explosives. It also has the files for 3D-printing certain parts like stocks, etc. The attacker used two "Luty"-type SMGs, one with a buttstock and cheap red-dot sight, two "slam-bang" shotguns, and a break-action .38 special handgun. All of the ammunition and explosives were apparently self-loaded / home cooked from materials and chemicals that are unrestricted and commercially available.

The manifesto describes how the attack was also planned as a way to show the viability of using improvised firearms. 

Edited by Der Zeitgeist, 10 October 2019 - 0043 AM.

#439 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 0134 AM

And apparently in his video, at one point he said "well at least I've proven that improvised weapons are ineffective" (as a matter of principle, I haven't seen the thing myself). The manifesto reportedly describes his targets as "preferably Jews", but potentially also Muslims and leftists. He might as well have added any other distinctive group, he was obviously only about the biggest possible reaction (also speaking English in the video to address a global audience).

Unfortunately he succeeded in full, even without harming a single actual Jew. He still got governments around the world to react - including of course the Israeli, but also as various people as Jean-Claude Juncker, Justin Trudeau and even the UN Secretary General. The European Parliament and soccer audiences observed minutes of silence, etc.; and even I went to bed irrationally mad at the chairman of the Council of the Jews in Germany last night because he blasted police for the synagogue not having had protection on Yom Kippur - when its security precautions worked perfectly, and the real victims were random passersby. I felt that he was waving a bloody shirt that wasn't his; though I guess what I'm really mad at is that the inevitable political debate on right-wing extremism and anti-Semitism now is missing the most crucial mechanisms motivating this kind of perpetrator, and thereby inviting repeats.

#440 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted Today, 03:54 AM

The Halle perpetrator has been charged with two counts of completed and nine of attempted murder by federal prosecutors who have taken over investigations due to a clear case of terrorism. I would guess the attempts include the couple he shot and severely wounded while stealing a taxi during his escape, the guy who was saved by a weapons malfunction when he approached him after he killed his first victim, the cops he exchanged fire with, and the other patrons in the kebab shop where he killed his second victim. He has admitted the murders - no point in not doing so, of course - and acting out of anti-Semitic motivation, but reportedly maintains he's no Nazi. He also expressed remorse about the random people he shot, saying his plan went out of control after he failed to enter the synagogue, and he hoped that the wounded survive; which isn't going to help them a lot.

A familiar picture emerges. He was one of the last conscripts drafted into the Bundeswehr where he served six months and learned to shoot in 2010/11, but never became conspicious for radical political leanings then or at any later point. Studied chemistry for two years, but apparently had to quit when undergoing major stomach surgery. By one account he became a radio technician, but was currently unemployed. Lived with his mother, though he also had a room at his father's place where police found a 3D printer with which he seems to have manufactured parts for one of his Luty-type homemade SMGs (they reportedly also found notes reading "bust!" in several possible hiding places).

He seems to be intelligent and articulate, but had hardly any friends and spent most of his time with online gaming and surfing, including the German 4chan equivalent kohlchan. According to his father he was at odds with the world and himself beyond reach, and always blamed others for his problems. It fits then that he had drifted into conspiracy theories about sinister forces secretly ruling the world, notably of course Jews. His manifesto is the usual assembly of fashionable angry white male items about "anti-white" powers including Jews, Muslims, leftists and feminists, i. e. women who are "destroying society" by not having babies (specifically his babies, I suspect) and thus enabling mass immigration. He debated attacking a mosque or Antifa center as easier targets, but seems to have gone with the synagogue because it was the closest place to find Jews, though he knew it had been fortified with a security door.

The manifesto also announced the spree as a live-fire test for his home-made weaponry, and included plans and descriptions. He reportedly stated to investigators that he spent about 50 Euro for steel parts, 20 for a cheap scope, and 25 for 1,000 brass cases. They suspect he had some help, since some of the magazines were CNC-milled; he did say that some unkown guy on the net supported him with 0.1 bitcoin or about 750 Euro once. He opened his livestream with typical x-chan speak in English by "Hi, I'm Anon, and I don't believe the Holocaust happened" - that is, after some cursing about getting Twitch to work. As noted, he also spent a lot of the video complaining about malfunctions, calling himself a loser and apologizing for not killing more people.

He spent a couple minutes trying to blow both the door of the synagogue itself and of the adjacent Jewish cemetery with shots and explosives, but failed. He was then admonished by a 40-year-old woman named as Jana L., who happened to pass from a nearby tram stop and apparently thought he was setting off firecrackers. He shot her in the back, then fired again into her lifeless body, and in the process managed to blow a tire of the car he had rented for the occasion. A van stopped next to him, and the driver approached him because he had seen the body; he tried to shoot him too, but had a malfunction, and the man got away. After about ten minutes of fruitless efforts, he got into his car and drove about 500 meters down the road, where he found the kebab shop.

There he initially shot a 20-year-old painter on lunch break from a nearby construction site named as Kevin S. at the door, followed him inside as the victim tried to hide and killed him, while apparently at least two other patrons were saved by malfunctions again. He also threw one of his makeshift grenades into the shop, but it bounced off the facade and exploded in the street. He then went back to the car, and for the first time encountered police with a patrol car blocking the street. He exchanged fire with them, but only hit their cruiser and suffered a grazing wound to the neck. Despite this and the flat tire, he managed to drive off into a side street, from which he emerged again a couple minutes later, drove past the synagogue - and another police car which had arrived there earlier - and out of town, ditching his cellphone via which he had streamed.

About an hour after the first shots, he shot and wounded a couple aged 40 and 41 and stole a taxi from a garage in Wiedersdorf, about 15 kilometers from Halle. As he approached a construction site on Highway 91, 40 kilometers south of Halle, police reportedly asked truck drivers waiting at the makeshift lights whether one of them would block him. One did, and there seems to have been a collision, at which point SEK officers seized the perpetrator. Regardless of the debate about police protection for synagogues, response overall appears a little lacking. While a patrol car arrived at the synagogue eight minutes after a call to emergency (which occurred two minutes after the attack began), the perpetrator was only engaged another five minutes later half a kilometer away, and managed to get away despite his handicaps.

Political debate as usual. General shock and outrage; respectively interested parties are either stressing the ideological background and looking for wider support networks (some of the Left Party were asking "wo gave him the guns?" before they realized he made them himself) or accusing the former of instrumentalizing the attack for political gain (good thing the AfD, who are obviously a chief target for this, never instrumentalized attacks by Muslims). Fringenuts mutter of a false-flag attack before the Thuringia state elections in two weeks, or that the perpetrator might have been a recent convert to Islam. Various demands for tougher laws, more money to address rightwing extremism, better public education, more police, more protection for Jewish institutions, etc. pp.