Telegraph journalists openly calling for assassination 

khoVQ8g.png

#82 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0607 AM

The Donald during the campaign: "Drain the swamp!", "Lobbyists!" "Wall Street!" "Bankers!" "Special interests!" "End corruption!"

--->"Contract with the American Voter": https://assets.donal...Contractv02.pdf

The Donald's transition team:

-Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

-Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the energy independence portfolio.

-Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.

-Cindy Hayden of tobacco giant, Altria, is in charge of Trumps Homeland Security team.

-J. Steven Hart, chairman of Williams & Jensen, is in charge of the Labor team. His clients include Visa, the American Council of Life Insurers, Anthem, Cheniere Energy, Coca-Cola, General Electric, PhRMA and United Airlines.

-Michael McKenna of MWR Strategies, who is working on the Energy Department team, lobbies for Engie (formerly GDF Suez), Southern Company and Dow Chemical.

-David Bernhardt of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck who leads the Interior Department team, lobbies for the Westlands Water District in central California and used to represent Freeport LNG and Rosemont Copper.

-Michael Torrey, who has the Agriculture Department portfolio, has his own firm representing the American Beverage Association and the Crop Insurance and Reinsurance Bureau.

-Mike Catanzaro of CGCN Group, lobbies for the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, a refining group, as well as Hess, Encana, Noble Energy and Devon Energy. Catanzaro is working on energy independence, along with Mike Ference, a lobbyist at the firm S-3 Group, representing Halliburton, Koch Industries and Marathon Oil.

-Rolf Lundberg, whos tasked with trade reform, worked at the Chamber of Commerce until 2013 and spun off his own lobbying firm representing Choice Hotels and the International Franchise Association.

-Jim Carter, who oversees tax reform, is an in-house lobbyist for manufacturing company Emerson.

-Transportation and infrastructure is being led by Martin Whitmer, the founder partner of lobbying firm Whitmer & Worrall who represents the American Association of Railroads, the National Asphalt Pavement Association and the Utilities Technology Council.

http://www.politico....obbyists-231224
http://www.nytimes.c...times&smtyp=cur

#83 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0709 AM

After listening to numerous interviews with Trump voters as to why the voted the way the did, the number on word that comes to mind is not hate or racism, but naivete.

Its a bizarro 2008 election.

#84 FlyingCanOpener

FlyingCanOpener

Kakistocrat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • Interests:Geomatics // Naval History // Soccer // Teaching

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0717 AM

Schadenfreude, so much schadenfreude

Obama staffers 

Fq6gQz1.png

Man, I remember the good old days of 2008 when we were all reminded that "elections have consequences" and the losers in that Presidential race just had to "deal with it".

Not too may previous races where the candidate whom won discribed on tape how he gets away with sexually assaulting women because hes famous. Lots of women see this as a yuge step backwards.

You know those red squiggly lines under the words you type mean they're misspelled... right?

#85 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0728 AM

Schadenfreude, so much schadenfreude

Obama staffers 

Fq6gQz1.png

Man, I remember the good old days of 2008 when we were all reminded that "elections have consequences" and the losers in that Presidential race just had to "deal with it".

Not too may previous races where the candidate whom won discribed on tape how he gets away with sexually assaulting women because hes famous. Lots of women see this as a yuge step backwards.

You know those red squiggly lines under the words you type mean they're misspelled... right?

I never took you for a dick. "Yuge" is a thing. But ingnore the content.

#86 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0737 AM

For example a female I know well cried as the election results came in. She is an immigrant whom recently became a citizen. To her this is a rejection of her citizenship. She is also a victim of sexual assault (news flash - most women are). This election completely validates that behavior in her eyes. So yes i can see how this election could be tramatic for some people. Feel free to critique my spelling now.

#87 BP

BP

Kulak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,841 posts
  • Interests:Tanks. No shit.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0800 AM

For example a female I know well cried as the election results came in. She is an immigrant whom recently became a citizen. To her this is a rejection of her citizenship. She is also a victim of sexual assault (news flash - most women are). This election completely validates that behavior in her eyes. So yes i can see how this election could be tramatic for some people. Feel free to critique my spelling now.

Then she needs to get over it. She moved to America- with all of its unique traditions and often bruising public discourse- not a fucking daycare center.

She changes for her new country, not the other way around.

#88 Fritz

Fritz

Master of Panzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Interests:WW2, armoured combat history, 3D CGI, motorsports

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0801 AM

After listening to numerous interviews with Trump voters as to why the voted the way the did, the number on word that comes to mind is not hate or racism, but naivete.

Its a bizarro 2008 election.

I totally get voting against Killary, what I don't get is voting FOR Trump... I mean, people SERIOUSLY believe a Manhattan real estate mogul would care about the working class??? SERIOUSLY???

#89 Der Zeitgeist

Der Zeitgeist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0833 AM

Fritz, on 11 Nov 2016 - 2:01 PM, said:
I totally get voting against Killary, what I don't get is voting FOR Trump... I mean, people SERIOUSLY believe a Manhattan real estate mogul would care about the working class??? SERIOUSLY???

In politics, there alway is a longing for the outsider, the non-establishment figure, the one who isn't tainted by years of political compromises, horse trading and corruption.

Trump had the special talent to perfectly sell himself as a successful self made business man, who doesn't have to compromise on anything, who built his campaign from the ground up himself, and then told the RNC to either get onboard or get out of the way.

He is the perfect anti-establishment figure, and in the USA, I can imagine this whole image also resonated with the working class, because Trump, as can't be stated often enough, did this all by himself.

#90 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0901 AM

The Donald during the campaign: "Drain the swamp!", "Lobbyists!" "Wall Street!" "Bankers!" "Special interests!" "End corruption!"

-Jeffrey Eisenach, a consultant who has worked for years on behalf of Verizon and other telecommunications clients, is the head of the team that is helping to pick staff members at the Federal Communications Commission.

-Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist whose clients include Devon Energy and Encana Oil and Gas, holds the energy independence portfolio.

-Michael Torrey, a lobbyist who runs a firm that has earned millions of dollars helping food industry players such as the American Beverage Association and the dairy giant Dean Foods, is helping set up the new team at the Department of Agriculture.

-Cindy Hayden of tobacco giant, Altria, is in charge of Trumps Homeland Security team.

-J. Steven Hart, chairman of Williams & Jensen, is in charge of the Labor team. His clients include Visa, the American Council of Life Insurers, Anthem, Cheniere Energy, Coca-Cola, General Electric, PhRMA and United Airlines.

-Michael McKenna of MWR Strategies, who is working on the Energy Department team, lobbies for Engie (formerly GDF Suez), Southern Company and Dow Chemical.

-David Bernhardt of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck who leads the Interior Department team, lobbies for the Westlands Water District in central California and used to represent Freeport LNG and Rosemont Copper.

-Michael Torrey, who has the Agriculture Department portfolio, has his own firm representing the American Beverage Association and the Crop Insurance and Reinsurance Bureau.

-Mike Catanzaro of CGCN Group, lobbies for the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers, a refining group, as well as Hess, Encana, Noble Energy and Devon Energy. Catanzaro is working on energy independence, along with Mike Ference, a lobbyist at the firm S-3 Group, representing Halliburton, Koch Industries and Marathon Oil.

-Rolf Lundberg, whos tasked with trade reform, worked at the Chamber of Commerce until 2013 and spun off his own lobbying firm representing Choice Hotels and the International Franchise Association.

-Jim Carter, who oversees tax reform, is an in-house lobbyist for manufacturing company Emerson.

-Transportation and infrastructure is being led by Martin Whitmer, the founder partner of lobbying firm Whitmer & Worrall who represents the American Association of Railroads, the National Asphalt Pavement Association and the Utilities Technology Council.

we will have a great swamp, the largest swamp you have ever seen, and it will be a tremendous swamp. We are gonna build a yuge swamp! The biggest deepest swamp you can imagine! Greatest swamp of all time!

#91 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0923 AM

we will have a great swamp, the largest swamp you have ever seen, and it will be a tremendous swamp. We are gonna build a yuge swamp! The biggest deepest swamp you can imagine! Greatest swamp of all time!

Yeah... saw a couple stories about this yesterday but didn't post because they didn't have as many names listed.  What's amusing is the 'excuse' being given (which was similar to the one we heard from Obama's administration when they took office) of "we have to have insiders to know how to kick insiders out".  :rolleyes:

I wonder if the names we're seeing for the transition team and cabinet positions just reinforces the rumor that if Trump won Pence would actually be running the show behind the scenes.  So far just seems to be shaping up like a stereotypical R admin.

It's a shame, too.  A good bit of his goal for the first 100 days, especially the bit about addressing corruption and lobbying issues, was stuff I supported.  The question, as was always the case during his campaign, was would he actually follow through.  Not looking like it so far.

Edited by Skywalkre, 11 November 2016 - 0925 AM.

#92 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,934 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0941 AM

And have Wall Street pay for it! :D

#93 Mike Steele

Mike Steele

Boobies!

• Members
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0943 AM

Have fun with your latest cleptocracy:
Trump attorney says The Trump Organization will be put in a blind trust managed by Donald's three adult children ("They're really intelligent."). Problem is, it's not actually a blind trust if you just hand it to your kids.

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-37937101

http://www.politico....d-trust-231179

At least it is not a "charitable foundation."

^_^

#94 Soren Ras

Soren Ras

Molehill Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Interests:This Theater of the Absurd

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0957 AM

She is also a victim of sexual assault (news flash - most women are).

I'm sorry,  what?

Oh, wait.  I am sorry, I wasn't aware that we had defined sexual assault down in the same way we have with racism and sexism.

OMG, I accidentally brushed against a woman's arm exiting the train the other day. I was in a bit of a hurry. None of us seemed to notice anything untoward and only now do I realize I committed sexual assault, according to the SJW code of conduct!!

Silly me, thinking we should reserve that kind of language to serious crimes, like rape, chile molestation and unwanted groping.

I retract the question. 

Sheesh.

--

Soren

#95 Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:Civilian tank and afv enthusiast. Collects 1/72 scale replicas although terrible at building them. Particular interest in post war US tank engines.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 0958 AM

Then she needs to get over it. She moved to America- with all of its unique traditions and often bruising public discourse- not a fucking daycare center.

She changes for her new country, not the other way around.

Crap like this is why I rarely ever venture outside the AFV Forum section of this site.

#96 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

purposeful grimace

• Members
  • 31,851 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted 11 November 2016 - 1000 AM

I wonder if the names we're seeing for the transition team and cabinet positions just reinforces the rumor that if Trump won Pence would actually be running the show behind the scenes.  So far just seems to be shaping up like a stereotypical R admin.

Seems to be an indication that there was some sort of litmus test given by the eGOP to primary candidates, which could explain why Rubio and Cruz were given short shrift by the RNC. Not willing to pay for play? Nice campaign, it would be a shame if trumpthing happened to it...

Note that there is the argument that a lobbyist familiar with the corruption in a particular fedgov agency or department would know best which heads to roll and which rules and regs to abolish, but we have gone from "the business of America is business" to "the business of the government is the Party's financiers" unfortunately.

IMHO the worse pick mentioned so far is Priebus for, well, anything. Pretty sure that won't end well for the administration or the nation.

#97 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • 16,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 1005 AM

And have Wall Street pay for it! :D

Read my lips: wall street is gonna pay for it!

ROFL :lol:

When do we beat Mexico wall street at the border stock markets? Theyre laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But theyre killing us economically.
The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody elses problems.
Thank you. Its true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico wall street sends its people, theyre not sending their best. Theyre not sending you. Theyre not sending you. Theyre sending people that have lots of problems, and theyre bringing those problems with us. Theyre bringing taking drugs. Theyre bringing commiting crime. Theyre rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
But I speak to border guards IRS and SEC agents and they tell us what were getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. Theyre sending us not the right people.

makes it sound as if Trump feels the Bern. ^_^

Edited by Panzermann, 11 November 2016 - 1011 AM.

#98 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,768 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 11 November 2016 - 1006 AM

Note that there is the argument that a lobbyist familiar with the corruption in a particular fedgov agency or department would know best which heads to roll and which rules and regs to abolish

Right, which as I mentioned is the same thing we heard from Obama's team as they took office.  The whole 'I will address corruption' has basically been on the platform of every major candidate since as far back as I can remember (with the exception of Hillary, now that I think of it...).  Trump's move just shows he's already no different than the rest.  He's not out to fix anything, just to get rid of the other guys' insiders.  So much for that campaign promise... :rolleyes:

Edited by Skywalkre, 11 November 2016 - 1008 AM.

#99 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted 11 November 2016 - 1028 AM

Lets's ask her the Jack Kennedy question.  What can she do for America?   And it looks like she already got the Teddy Kennedy (and Bill Clinton) treatment.   

News flash - A lot of immigrants come from countries where rioting in the streets is the way they force government changes.

#100 nitflegal

nitflegal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Interests:Armor, martial arts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 1030 AM

She is also a victim of sexual assault (news flash - most women are).

I'm sorry,  what?

Oh, wait.  I am sorry, I wasn't aware that we had defined sexual assault down in the same way we have with racism and sexism.

OMG, I accidentally brushed against a woman's arm exiting the train the other day. I was in a bit of a hurry. None of us seemed to notice anything untoward and only now do I realize I committed sexual assault, according to the SJW code of conduct!!

Silly me, thinking we should reserve that kind of language to serious crimes, like rape, chile molestation and unwanted groping.

I retract the question. 

Sheesh.

--

Soren

As a man married to a rape victim (and it was truly what Whoopi would call rape-rape) I can't tell you how much this SJW sexual assault dumbing down angers me.  I've lived through the second hand nightmares every night for years, endless hours of painful and expensive therapy, and her still living with the daily effects 28 years later.  This horseshit equivalency between that and some guy propositioning you in a bar or getting a leering glance is appalling and exists to give soft entitled liberals something to feel the victim about and further unrelated political aims.  Its as despicable as calling everyone you don't agree with a Nazi, something the several million people who died in ditches or concentration camps would have issue with.  To women like my wife or Paul's friend, this lowering the bar is insulting as hell.

Sorry, rant over.  To the topic, just the huge change in energy policy will make this all worthwhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users