626 replies to this topic

#621 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,260 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 1756 PM

I'm not sure I can place fault on the part of the responding officer. He was operating on good and bad info. I think my critiques lie in how the woman officer handled the situation. She tried going for "command voice" but failed repeatedly on that regard. She then tried force, but didn't have the horsepower to make it work. So, she finally defaulted to deadly force and applied it badly. The ASP baton across the guy's thigh would have been better. Taser would have been more ideal I suspect. But she had him calm at several points.

Probably would have been best to distract the guy with nice talk, and engage him with the mother and other woman there calming him down. Her continued reversion to Tell and then force was doomed to failure because she could not successfully use the Tell and Force part of Ask, Tell, Force.

#622 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 2249 PM

America is a police state, we would be radically better off with just an elected sheriff and damned little else.  People need to solve their own problems, if you can't solve your own problems, you suck, too bad.  S/F....Ken M  

#623 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,260 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 1042 AM

Umm. Background? 2 Civilians dead. 2 perps dead. Not a good shoot as far as I can say so far. WAY too many people in the line of fire.

#624 Mikel2

Mikel2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 1147 AM

WAY too many people in the line of fire.

That was my first thought. Holy cow.

Edited by Mikel2, 06 December 2019 - 1148 AM.

#625 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 1459 PM

That UPS driver never had a chance.

#626 MiloMorai

MiloMorai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 1502 PM

Remember the 2 woman in a truck delivering newspapers? They were lucky.

#627 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 1905 PM

For some reason I was googling the Waco biker shootout -- the aftermath just seems like an amazing DA clusterf*ck. Well, it's going to end with nine people being shot to death (who were shot by police, who were shot by bikers is very much up for debate) and no charges. Amazing. https://www.npr.org/...t-that-killed-9

Edited by Brian Kennedy, 08 December 2019 - 1905 PM.