Posted 16 April 2018 - 0203 AM

#2 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Of the Veronica Cartwright Ilk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,413 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 0224 AM

They missed out Tornado S, and some of the ECM systems, which are really world class. Also no Yasen class submarine, which has even the USN disconcerted.

#3 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 0738 AM

Is there short list of named systems for those who lack half of hour for now?

#4 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 46,413 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0217 AM

From the description. Breathless is the term I would use to describe it.

The most powerful, best and most advanced Russian coastal defence missile system, with anti ship missiles - BAL (NATO codename SSC-6 Sennight) The best Russian weapon, modern and most powerful - K-300P Bastion-P (NATO codename SS-C-5 Stooge) coastal defence missile system, with anti ship missiles The most advanced weapon Pantsir-S1 (NATO reporting name SA-22 Greyhound) is a combined short to medium range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon system of Russia The most powerful anti-aircraft weapon system - S-400 Triumf (NATO reporting name: SA-21 Growler) RS-24 Yars or Topol-MR (NATO reporting name: SS-29) is a Russian most powerful MIRV-equipped, thermonuclear armed intercontinental ballistic missile The best Russian airplane - Sukhoi Su-34 (NATO reporting name - Fullback) is a most advanced Russian twin-engine, twin-seat, all-weather supersonic medium-range fighter-bomber, strike aircraft The most advanced Russian fighter airplane - Sukhoi Su-57 is the designation intended for a stealth, single-seat, twin-engine jet multirole fighter aircraft designed for air superiority and attack operations. The most advanced Russian ship - Admiral Grigorovich class is the latest class of frigates ordered by the Russian Navy for the Black Sea Fleet. The best Russian battleship - Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates, also known as Project 22350 The best, modern Russian self-propelled howitzer - 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV The most powerful Russian tank - T-14 Armata main battle tank The best and most advanced helicopter - KA-52 ALLIGATOR (NATO reporting name Hokum B) is a all-weather, day-night, military tandem, anti-armor attack helicopter The most powerful Russian helicopter - Mil Mi-28 (NATO reporting name "Havoc") is a Russian all-weather, day-night, military tandem, two-seat anti-armor attack helicopter Best military equipment of Russian army. Most powerful Russian weapons.

That they manage to not show any superior long range Rocket than BM30 is the point when my incredulity kicks in.

#5 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0222 AM

So usual wiki-fu without real effort. Okay then.

#6 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,179 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0258 AM

You seem disappointed that some hasn't taken the time to do something that you can't be bothered to do yourself?

#7 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0312 AM

You seem disappointed that some hasn't taken the time to do something that you can't be bothered to do yourself?

Just expected to see here something with better quality than hordes of such videos on YT. Don't blaming anyone, just overexpected myself.

#8 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 46,413 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0350 AM

Gargean, if you can find anything better on any Russian forums, please post them up. Leaving aside the politics, im constantly impressed by the Russian TV coverage on their Army and weapon systems. It demonstrates how miserable our coverage is.

#9 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0402 AM

Gargean, if you can find anything better on any Russian forums, please post them up. Leaving aside the politics, im constantly impressed by the Russian TV coverage on their Army and weapon systems. It demonstrates how miserable our coverage is.

Believe me - you should not be impressed. There are good scenes and few rare views, and that's all. Info and way of telling are rarely better than YT videos.
Definitely there are exceptions. There were a lot of relatively old and long videos with history and related men speaking. But most of recent ones (Zvezda included) are pretty bad and filled with "Have no analogues" shit.

#10 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 46,413 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0525 AM

Ive noticed some good ones on Pantsir and Armata. The commentary Is indecipherable to me unless I turn on youtube translate, and sometimes even then. :D

#11 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 0536 AM

Then you catch only visual part. That's a good way to watch them.

#12 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • 22,485 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 24 April 2018 - 1236 PM

I think the production values in Russian weapon videos are often excellent. I really enjoy them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users