32 replies to this topic

#21 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

Velkomin heim Tankur-netters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 2316 PM

I did get a quick reply from that forum (numismatics people) with a link to rules of use for many countries ;)

http://www.rulesforu...g/pub/index.php

APF ... thanks for the bank link. I know ignorance/lack of awareness doesn't let people off of anything when its a rule/law. Nothing personal, eh? Understandable! LOL I'm glad I posted about money in here otherwise I might have done something wrong and gotten in trouble through ignorance, so I thank you folks in here!!! No one explained the rules to me when asking me to post pics :( Maybe they assumed I knew how. Thats probably it.

By the way, I've only been learning about money stuff/collecting etc the last couple of weeks. In past I never noticed money except for the denomination to know how much I had, to make sure I don't short change or get shortchanged somewhere, the usual. Occassionally would spot an old coin or bill or a messed up coin or bill, but thats it.

#22 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 1710 PM

Good news. Had an email from the woman with the scanner who has finally finished her home office renos and had time to go looking through boxes for that scanner and found it and BONUS she has manuals that go with it!!! Excellent news that! I should have the scanner within a few days :)

#23 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 2043 PM

Well cool. Will be getting the scanner with all the connection cords and manuals tomorrow. She couldn't find the CD for it though but gave me links to get the drivers for it. Am looking forward to hooking it up and learning how to use it. :)

#24 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 1414 PM

Well, I'm the proud new owner of this scanner. I'm impressed. I scored this through a local sort of "recylce your stuff/freebies" site where people offer things or request things. Just a "passing it on to someone who will make good use of it" site. Never know what will be offered or asked for in there and the rules are strict (and strictly monitored) about no selling and flogging allowed. Great idea for people who have stuff they want to get rid of but don't want to just chuck things out or go through the hassle of selling things.

http://www.epson.com...tegory=Products

Now all I need to do is install and learn how to use it (later) Its so "pretty" :D

#25 EvanDP

EvanDP

Deus Ex Nukina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 1458 PM

Well, I'm the proud new owner of this scanner. I'm impressed. I scored this through a local sort of "recylce your stuff/freebies" site where people offer things or request things. Just a "passing it on to someone who will make good use of it" site. Never know what will be offered or asked for in there and the rules are strict (and strictly monitored) about no selling and flogging allowed. Great idea for people who have stuff they want to get rid of but don't want to just chuck things out or go through the hassle of selling things.

http://www.epson.com...tegory=Products

Now all I need to do is install and learn how to use it (later) Its so "pretty" :D

Congratulations, of course in about a week you'll say to yourself "Man now I need a faster machine". :P

Edited by EvanDP, 03 April 2008 - 1458 PM.

#26 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 2227 PM

Thanks Evan. Haven't had a chance to read through the manual or get to trying to fix the camera problem. Bad day again, as ever lately. Oh well ... will be happy when I get all the computer tasks that need doing, done at last (some I can't find where I put the disks for the XP etc ... oh sigh) LOL

#27 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1022 AM

Well, I think I'm out of luck with using the scanner. Was able to download the drivers from Epson and install the scanner, unfortunately can't scan anything as it asks for program associated with it, but there are no programs installed to choose from :( The woman who gave this scanner to me could not find the installation disk ... am I out of luck? Or is there a software program that I can download from online that would work? (I sure hope so and hope I'm not grasping at straws)

Thanks!

#28 EvanDP

EvanDP

Deus Ex Nukina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1322 PM

According to the webpage you should have these:

Creative software included

* ArcSoft® PhotoImpression 4.0 <This is the imaging software>
* EPSON Smart Panel with NewSoft OCR <This is used to convert an image into text>
* EPSON TWAIN Scanning Software <This is the driver that allows the computer to talk to the scanner>

If you have the the driver installed properly you can use other software to access the scanner.

#29 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1333 PM

According to the webpage you should have these:

Creative software included

* ArcSoft® PhotoImpression 4.0 <This is the imaging software>
* EPSON Smart Panel with NewSoft OCR <This is used to convert an image into text>
* EPSON TWAIN Scanning Software <This is the driver that allows the computer to talk to the scanner>

If you have the the driver installed properly you can use other software to access the scanner.

The woman who gave me the scanner could not find the disk that came with it, so I don't have any of the software. I WAS able to download the drivers so that the actual hardware (scanner) is properly installed to the computer with proper drivers and fine ... I just don't have any of its software programs (no disk)

Thanks for the Creative software info. I'll visit Epson site again and see if maybe they have downloadable software from their site, but I saw nothing like that offered. Only the drivers. I'll search their site ;) If I come up empty, well ............ hmmmmmmmmmmm ... dunno :D

#30 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1350 PM

I'll be darned!!! I googled the scanner and clicked on links that popped up and found a message for someone asking about this same problem ... and here is the answer to that person :If it's TWAIN compliant, I'd be surprised if it can't be used with Windows XP's inbuilt Scanner and Camera Wizard. -----> Open up My Computer when the scanner's switched on, and if the scanner shows up in there, just double-click on it.:

Well, I tried it, and hot-diggity-gosh-darn-damm-I'm so-tickled ... IT WORKS!!!!!!! I guess every time I want to scan I just open it up through the same route :)

I'm totally delighted! And now I can scan some of my relatives service records to my computer.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and thank you all so much for your time and attention about this for me ... imagine a beverage of your choice, on me :)

#31 EvanDP

EvanDP

Deus Ex Nukina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1405 PM

I'll be darned!!! I googled the scanner and clicked on links that popped up and found a message for someone asking about this same problem ... and here is the answer to that person :If it's TWAIN compliant, I'd be surprised if it can't be used with Windows XP's inbuilt Scanner and Camera Wizard. -----> Open up My Computer when the scanner's switched on, and if the scanner shows up in there, just double-click on it.:

Well, I tried it, and hot-diggity-gosh-darn-damm-I'm so-tickled ... IT WORKS!!!!!!! I guess every time I want to scan I just open it up through the same route :)

I'm totally delighted! And now I can scan some of my relatives service records to my computer.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and thank you all so much for your time and attention about this for me ... imagine a beverage of your choice, on me :)

About two minutes ago I tried to access my Epson scanner through the Scanner Wizard and it worked. I was just about to tell you to try it this way. :lol:

#32 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1407 PM

About two minutes ago I tried to access my Epson scanner through the Scanner Wizard and it worked. I was just about to tell you to try it this way. :lol:

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah ... I beat ya to it. Aren't I clever occassionally? :P :D

(Thanks for your help Evan!!!)

#33 Dame Karmen

Dame Karmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 1420 PM

Oh this is FUN! :D I scanned the scanners brochure in colour that worked great (though had to rotate it :D ) and an old black and white photo that came out looking like a woodcut or a lino cut. Then I tried scanning a penny, and it worked!!! I just need to learn how to do settings, but am amazed at what this can do. (I'm easy to impress! Am still blown away by radio and TV and record players and ... :D )