Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,582 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 1043 AM

Summon mighty Cthullu.

Sacrifice a policeman in a Wicker Man.

Send the Battle of Britain flight to bomb Berlin Brussels & Strasbourg again.

fify 

during a EU council meeting for maximum effect

Sacrifice all firstborn (from Labour areas).

Mark Tory houses with a T painted in goat blood on the door?

They missed all the traditional choices, Im disappointed.

There are more:

• glass over the UK with nukes to end it once and for all
  • go to the lake and beg the lady for the sword
  • hope that Aulius Plautius and Vespasian invade again
  • ask the danes to reinstate dane law
  • throw some virgins in the bog
  • press Ctrl+Alt+Del

#5102 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 1054 AM

:D

Meanwhile, the Daily Heil reports a meeting of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Farage in secret meeting with Tories to discuss keeping Labour out

By Glen Owen for The Mail on Sunday
00:53 BST 23 Jun 2019, updated 08:19 BST 23 Jun 2019

Nigel Farage has held a secret summit with Boris Johnson supporters at a £1,500-a-year private members club to discuss the forging of an electoral pact to keep Jeremy Corbyn out of Downing Street.

The Brexit Party leader, whose surge in the polls since Theresa May delayed the UKs departure from the EU has sent shockwaves through the Tories, met pro-Boris MP Priti Patel at the exclusive 5 Hertford Street club in Mayfair earlier this month.

He was joined by his ally, the insurance tycoon Arron Banks, and the DUP MP Ian Paisley Jr. Discussions are understood to have focused on a deal under which MPs in an administration formed by Mr Johnson would agree to stand aside in certain seats in favour of Farages party to avoid splitting the pro-Brexit vote.

[...]

https://www.dailymai...Labour-out.html

Edited by BansheeOne, 23 June 2019 - 1105 AM.

#5103 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 55,208 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0152 AM

Summon mighty Cthullu.

Send the Battle of Britain flight to bomb Berlin Brussels & Strasbourg again.

fify 

during a EU council meeting for maximum effect

Mark Tory houses with a T painted in goat blood on the door?

There are more:

• glass over the UK with nukes to end it once and for all
  • go to the lake and beg the lady for the sword
  • hope that Aulius Plautius and Vespasian invade again
  • ask the danes to reinstate dane law
  • throw some virgins in the bog
  • press Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ive tried Ctl+Alt+Del numerous times, but I think the layout is different on a European keyboard. :)

#5104 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0232 AM

Yes!

With the latest Windows update it's now Alt+Æ, Ctrl+Ð, and Ctrl+Alt+Ñ

#5105 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0237 AM

Or, click the red shoes and say the safe word three times.

eurotrip_safe_word_bumper_stickers-rb00b

#5106 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,208 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 0248 AM

Candyman Candyman Candyman?

Oops....

#5107 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,208 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 0452 AM

https://www.klfm967....--gordon-brown/

Former prime minister Gordon Brown has warned the future of the United Kingdom is at risk from the rise of "narrow nationalism" that makes people "hate their neighbours".

In a speech to the Fabian Society and Hope Not Hate, Mr Brown said the union has never been more at risk in its 300-year history, and criticised people like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson for "hijacking" patriotism.

He said he feared the Conservatives would play fast and loose with the union, and it was "not safe" in the hands of Mr Johnson".

"I believe the Union is today more at risk than at any time in 300 years - and more in danger than when we had to fight for it in 2014 during a bitter Scottish referendum." he told an audience at Westminster Cathedral Hall.

"In jeopardy are both the unity and integrity of the United Kingdom and the shared values - tolerance, respect for diversity, being outward looking - that underpin what, for all its ups and downs, has been the most successful example of multinational co-operation anywhere in the world.

"In our long history the overwhelming majority have prided ourselves in being patriots who love our country - not bitter nationalists who hate our neighbours, demonise foreigners, immigrants or other minorities and blame external forces for everything that goes wrong."

Mr Brown called for consideration not solely of "the kind of Brexit we want" but of "the kind of Britain we aspire to become" and he criticised the front runner in the Tory leadership campaign, Mr Johnson.

He said: "You can love your country without being made to feel you ever have to hate your neighbour.

"You can embrace a broad patriotism without subscribing to a narrow nationalism.

"I want to argue specifically against the hijacking of patriotism by Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson - a political deception that has tried to present an act of economic self-harm - a no deal Brexit on October 31st - as a patriotic act."

He accused Mr Farage, now leader of the Brexit Party, and Mr Johnson of using nationalism to demonise immigrants, Europeans and minorities.

He added: "I want to argue we need an informed region-by-region debate outside the Westminster bubble through the setting up of citizens' assemblies on the problems raised by Brexit including immigration and sovereignty but many of which - the state of our manufacturing, the condition of our towns, and rising poverty and inequality - cannot be solved by Brexit.

"And I want to argue for a progressive defence of the union showing that we - all four nations - are best placed to succeed in a harshly competitive global economy - when we find ways to cooperate within one set of islands - rather than engage in economic wars."

This is not the first time the former chancellor, who served under Tony Blair's premiership for a decade, has been vocal about the union. He backed the Better Together campaign during the Scottish Independence referendum in 2014, and has been critical of the "extreme" independence of the SNP.

In a column for the Daily Mail, he wrote: "For just as all political attention has been fixated on Britain moving from a soft Brexit to a hard Brexit, the Scottish nationalists have moved - almost unnoticed - from demanding a soft form of separation to demanding a hard, far more extreme, type."

Mr Brown criticised Mr Johnson's record on Scotland, saying he repeatedly focused on the nation being "grossly over-represented" in parliament, and telling Scotland to "hop it".

In his column, he added: "So his knee-jerk response to counter a divisive us-versus-them Scottish nationalism is to embrace an equally divisive us-versus-them English nationalism."

Mr Brown's speech comes after the de facto deputy prime minister David Lidington announced his support for Jeremy Hunt, running against Mr Johnson, and said English nationalism was posing a new threat to the union.

He said: "I am a very strong unionist, but I think we need to be alive to the fact that there is a combination of nationalist feeling on the one hand, and indifference towards or ignorance of the value of the Union on the other, that puts that achievement at risk."

A YouGov poll found 63% of UK Conservative Party members would rather see Scotland leave the UK than dump Brexit.

#5108 Tim the Tank Nut

Tim the Tank Nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1426 PM

When you are counting on Gordon Brown you've officially reached empty

#5109 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1627 PM

Other than attacking the person, what's your position on his arguments?

#5110 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1712 PM

Can you imagine Donald Trump coming out with something this batshit?

https://youtu.be/gLcCZjDoWTQ

#5111 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • 24,177 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1734 PM

Bet ya he does models of German Tanks which is why he thought about it for a bit and settled on Buses....

And frankly, why is making models of something batshit?   :huh:

Edited by rmgill, 25 June 2019 - 1735 PM.

#5112 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1804 PM

Making up that he's making buses of wine crates is what makes this batshit. He's quite okay at improv theater, I give you that. I would have considered the possibility that he's self-ironic if he had told that he paints £350M 4 NHS on them. Saying, "I have no hobbies" would have been okay. The only honest answer, "adultery and drinking wine until I pass out", would however only have found approval of the Tyrion Lannister fan crowd.

And in all fairness, Tyrion towers over Bojo in terms of moral integrity, character, intellect, and wisdom.

#5113 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 1809 PM

http://nymag.com/int...of-the-lie.html

My Old Chum Boris

Boris Johnson will be the next prime minister of the United Kingdom. In an almost perfect representation of deep polarization, the next British general election will be fought between a Tory Etonian performance artist and Jeremy Corbyn, the Marxist anti-Semitic leader of the Labour Party. Despite a wide consensus among his fellow parliamentarians that Johnson is an opportunistic, incompetent, lazy, and unbearable shit, he nonetheless won a huge victory yesterday — 114 votes to his nearest rival’s 43 — in the first round of voting by the Tories in Westminster. There will be further rounds of voting, as various rivals get eliminated, but his lead is so big he’ll certainly be in the final two, and then the 124,000 members of the Tory Party will vote. Johnson is a rock star to his base, who massively favor him over the other candidates. It’s basically over now.

I knew Boris at Oxford. He was at Balliol and I was at Magdalen, but we were both debaters in the Oxford Union, and he became president of the Union in 1986, three years after I did, in 1983. We overlapped in his freshman year and, as president, I always loved calling on him to speak before the House, because it was never dull. Union politics back then was cutthroat but also huge fun, and I became quite fond of him because it was hard not to. He charms. He amuses. He has a certain charisma, and always has. That messy mop of blond? The same as when I knew him.

His full name is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, and I was a little wary at first. Back then, and maybe still today, Oxford students were divided between those who came from what are called in England “public schools,” (which, in American English, are actually the private schools for the aristocracy, costing a fortune to attend) and those of us who came from the state sector, what Americans would call public schools. The “public school” boys arrived with a sublime sort of self-confidence, already ensconced in the elite, seeming to fit in naturally among the dreamy spires of that lovely place. The rest of us, bewildered and enchanted (in my case) to be in this Hogwarts of a place, had to prove ourselves. They coasted.
Boris was so posh it was funny. At least that’s how I saw it. And what marked him as different from the other Etonians was his decision to embrace this, and make fun of himself in the process. Others came rather insecure about their privilege and played it down — think of fellow Etonian David Cameron who decided to call himself “Dave.” Not Boris. Alongside party-boy Darius Guppy and Charles Spencer, Diana’s brother, he reveled in it. As sitting president, I did my small part to help him gain his footing, despite a certain amount of class resentment I’m not really proud of.

He belonged, for example, to the Bullingdon Club, an exclusive upper-class fraternity that specialized in hosting expensive restaurant dinners for themselves, in white tie and tails no less, with members eating and drinking till they were stuffed and thoroughly shit-faced and then proceeded to puke on the floors and vandalize the joint, smashing tables and chairs and china, breaking windows and the like. Daddy would always pick up the price for repairs. I remember feeling a mixture of contempt and awe at this. Before going up to Oxford, I could count on one hand the number of times I had eaten at a restaurant. My resolution was to outsmart and outperform them.
This reputation hurt Boris in hunting for votes to be president of the Oxford Union, and he lost the first time around to someone called Neil Sherlock who was a nerdy state school kid. Legend has it Johnson kept reinventing himself politically and playing down his Toryism and poshness — with the help of then-student Frank Luntz, believe it or not — and eventually it worked and he won. I have to say I found him hugely entertaining, and great company, but could never really take him seriously. He has a first-class wit but a second-class mind and got a second-class degree. If you want to measure the quality of his scholarship, check out his deeply awful biographyof Churchill, a thinly veiled attempt to redescribe his own career as a Second Coming of Winston.

I lost track of him afterward, which is why perhaps I still like him. But I’m struck by how so many who have followed his career since despise him. My friend, the journalist Nick Cohen has a splendid little rant in the Spectator, the magazine Johnson once edited: “Johnson believes in the advance of Johnson. That’s all there is. There’s nothing else.” Fired by the Times in 1988 for simply making shit up — he fabricated a quote from his godfather, a historian — Johnson went to the Telegraph as a Brussels correspondent and made more shit up. He was still at it this year. Stories about the “EU punishing the rubber industry for making undersized condoms or ordering the straightening of bananas” were total Stephen Glass material, but Tory readers lapped it up.

Boris in due course became a classic Cameron-type liberal Tory when it was cool, and then, sensing a moment of opportunity, suddenly backed the Leave campaign in the Brexit referendum, stabbing his friend Dave in the front. His support for Brexit was a critical moment in the credibility of the Leave campaign. It’s not a huge leap to say that without him, it might not have happened.

And that’s why the impossible conundrum of Brexit is now rightly in his ample lap. Unlike May, he voted for it (or said he did). Panicked by the rise of the Brexit party, the Tories believe he will bring the faithful back and get out of the E.U. definitively by Halloween — even though there is no parliamentary majority for it, and if Boris thinks he will have more luck negotiating a better deal with the E.U., he’s crackers. You think Macron will go easier on Boris than May?

He once said, with characteristic brio, that “my chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.” That was as colorful as it was untrue. But there is some sweet cosmic justice in Boris having to take responsibility for the Brexit he backed. It may be a catastrophe, but it will be his, and, for him at least, it sure will be fun.

#5114 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 0123 AM

Making up that he's making buses of wine crates is what makes this batshit. He's quite okay at improv theater, I give you that. I would have considered the possibility that he's self-ironic if he had told that he paints £350M 4 NHS on them. Saying, "I have no hobbies" would have been okay. The only honest answer, "adultery and drinking wine until I pass out", would however only have found approval of the Tyrion Lannister fan crowd.

And in all fairness, Tyrion towers over Bojo in terms of moral integrity, character, intellect, and wisdom.

One is fictional, the other I couldn't make up if I tried. :)

#5115 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,208 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 0139 AM

Bojo is fictional? What depraved mind dreamed him up?

I do find it absolutely hilarious that Tories keep saying Bojo is the only one that can beat Corbyn. Im absolutely convinced Bojo is the only Conservative leader Corbyn has a chance of beating. If you have to decend into charisma and likeablity, the whole point of an election is lost anyway. Cameron was likeable and charming. He was also a fucking idiot, possibly the worst PM since 1945. And rather than learning lessons, we are set to repeat the mistake.

Parliament wants an industrial strength enema.

#5116 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1047 AM

BoJo will beat the EU, he is as good in making a deal as Trump and he is natural leader.

#5117 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 55,208 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1052 AM

Care to put money on that?:D

#5118 sunday

sunday

Bronze-age right-wing delusional retard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1153 AM

Summon mighty Cthullu.

Send the Battle of Britain flight to bomb Berlin again.

You MONSTER! What adorable kittens and puppies have done to you?

Invite Macron, commanding the FFL to have a sojourn of several years in London, then proceed to sing La Marsellaise instead of God Save the Queen.

Ask for another Great Armada, with better weather this time.

Edited by sunday, 26 June 2019 - 1154 AM.

#5119 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1203 PM

BoJo will beat the EU, he is as good in making a deal as Trump and he is natural leader.

Ummmm. No.

#5120 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 1229 PM

Care to put money on that? :D

I have. Once he frees the UK of paying for the EU, I am sure taxes will rise and Germany will pay the difference .