#701 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,595 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 03 August 2019 - 0636 AM

For a nation supposedly in fear of a sudden land invasion from the North, the South Koreans sure are spending resources heavily on a blue-water naval capability.

You'd think.  From my time as an exchange student with the Korean Air Force, I can tell you the ROKAF worries more about the Japanese than the north Koreans.  The Army could care less about the Japanese and the Navy was open to working with their counterparts, but the ROKAF and the civilian political leadership live in stark terror of a Japanese invasion.  

I knew a USAF colonel who did a briefing on the Strike Eagle for the Koreans when they were in the market.  So he made a map showing the combat radii of all the competing aircraft (Rafale, Su-35, EF-2000, F-15E, etc.).  He said that the ROKAF guys didn't even look to see if all of nK was covered and when they saw only the F-15E could reach anywhere in Japan, they decided on the F-15K.  

Many of the first wave of senior officers for the South Korean Army would get their wartime experience and seniority from the Korean War. Many of those officers received their military training from Japanese institutions. These three schools were Japanese Military Academy, the Fengtian Officers School, and the Xinjing Officers School. The Korean graduates of those schools bunching up together within their respective school. But there was regional background division among the Korean military graduates as well. What Park Chung Hee did was try to involve all from the three factions in a single body network, thus was able to seize control of the country. Not to imply that all those Korean officers liked Japan because of military background. South Korea's most senior general, Paik Sun-Yup (or Paek Sŏn-yŏp in some literature) has served tremendously during the Korean War and numerous other positions throughout the 1970s and onwards. But because of his history in doing anti-commie work as part of Japanese forces, the new wave of libtard moron DPRK sympathizers that also push the anti-Chinilpas via mob sentiment no longer want him recognized as a national hero. The cost of the simpleton victor's glory for WW2 is so great in that its giving these DPRK sympathizers a free pass.

#702 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,595 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 1010 AM

Edited by JasonJ, 07 August 2019 - 0422 AM.

#703 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,113 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 03 August 2019 - 1253 PM

Guys, this is Gen. Mil. I'm going to clear out all the political stuff, and particularly the Japan-Korea tensions posts, from this thread. Feel to create a new one over on the FFZ.

#704 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,248 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 0715 AM

I think the JGSDF is showing many pictures of the Osprey now to warm up the public to the pretty bird for when it arrives next year.

japaneseOsprey4.jpg

https://www.mod.go.j...9/20190716.html

The Japanese Ospreys are purdy looking

#705 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 0915 AM

They certainly are. I was originally opposed to their acquisition, but have come around regarding them. It is satisfying for Japan and Japanese to have that which the rest of Asia cannot afford in various ways.

#706 JasonJ

JasonJ

nonbiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,595 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 0821 AM

Edited by JasonJ, 07 August 2019 - 0422 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users