47 replies to this topic

#41 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,945 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 1425 PM

I'm really wondering why there's no such greetings of accidents with loss of human lives on "wrong side of the history"? Why no cheerings about US lieuthenant colonel? Why no happy screams about that italian Typhoon? Oh, maybe that's because of "warmongering" Zapad, which is definitely more evil that truly peaceful Aurora-17, which just accidentally has more personnel involved...
PS: I like this smile on the end most.

To be frank, cases of giggling among Russian internet users when something is happening with US\NATO warplanes\ships etc are not so rare. People are the same everywhere, sharing the same weaknesses.

Whenever I see a photo of a crashed plane or vehicle here, my first thought is, "I how the crew/pilot/driver got out unharmed". It doesn't matter what national insignia the vehicle is wearing (unless it's IS of course).

#42 bd1

bd1

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 1436 PM

since everybody made out alive out of that tu-22 and VDV VIP van, i supressed my natural politeness and tried to force a joke . just as i smiled at the sheer ridiculousness of the case estonian recon  jeep that parked with it´s antennas under high-voltage power line and caught fire (again , nobody harmed)

however, i must admit that the thought of one less tu-22 does not make me any sadder. and crazy dashcam videos is just so russian. 

on all things concerned russia - yes i am bitter, even hostile , and with memory that elephants would envy. all basic survival traits in countries neighbouring russia

#43 Simon Tan

Simon Tan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 1856 PM

You are thus bound to repeat it.

#44 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 0342 AM

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

Reason is believed to be (rain?) water getting into air speed channel  - there were two such cases before, but planes managed to stop takeoff  as they were not fully fueled. This time plane was too heavy with fuel and roll out of runway.

#45 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 0955 AM

I was on exercise here in Alberta when a CF-5 opened up onto a OP that was to direct them onto target, my buddy was walking back to the OP after a dump when the place got hit by 20mm cannon shells, lucky no one was hurt, the wingman saw people scurry and held fire which likely is the reason no one got hit.

#46 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • 54,744 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 1003 AM

I was working with an Ex Para who fought in Oman in the 1960s IIRC. Anyway, they called in an airstrike from a Hawker Hunter, and worked a target with its cannons. Unfortunately one of the brass shell casings fell on one of the para's head, which kind of shows how close the target they were working was. He stood up and seemed to be alright, till he took  his beret off and the back of his head fell open. So it goes.

#47 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 1102 AM

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

Reason is believed to be (rain?) water getting into air speed channel  - there were two such cases before, but planes managed to stop takeoff  as they were not fully fueled. This time plane was too heavy with fuel and roll out of runway.

I am assuming the pilots survived? hope so, what is Russian for "fuck,fuck, fuck, oh shit!!!!!"? 

#48 GARGEAN

GARGEAN

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 1123 AM

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

I am assuming the pilots survived? hope so, what is Russian for "fuck,fuck, fuck, oh shit!!!!!"? 
"Ох ты ж ёб твою ж ты ж нахуй!". And yeap, both survived and even not really harmed.