4048 replies to this topic

#4041 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,772 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 1758 PM

^ Gameplay wise i totally agree. PR wise may not  have been the wisest thing to do as many people are upset over RU meds in general right now. (along with that upcoming new RU med, whose name i can't remember right now)

M46/48/60 buffs are likely well appreciated

I missed  the part where they want 1 of each class as prems for all nations.

That new Russian med is next CW award, so irrelevant for a majority of the players. Also it (has a potential) to be quite a bit different than the 140/430/62 family. Soviet one is a lazy, but safe choice (Pasholok scanned a lot of the Soviet archives regarding tank development so plenty of contenders).

Real problem is that "Russian Tanks OP" narrative is still alive among mouthbreathers and whatever WG does (and it does a lot of bad moves) it will be a problem even if Soviet tanks underperform (and a larger % of them does on EU server than any other tree).

Re M46/48/60 - 

M48 will have Urdan low profile TC cupola and better turret armor, so it will be M48A5 (I think designation changes also).

M60 also got same cupola and better turret armor.

M46 got better turret armor and some other buffs.

Edited by bojan, 14 July 2017 - 1800 PM.

#4042 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:I.T. Support, Computers & Science, Rally, Aeronautics, Electrical Engineering, Tanks and other various Machines

Posted 25 July 2017 - 2146 PM

^ Gameplay wise i totally agree. PR wise may not  have been the wisest thing to do as many people are upset over RU meds in general right now. (along with that upcoming new RU med, whose name i can't remember right now)

That new Russian med is next CW award, so irrelevant for a majority of the players. Also it (has a potential) to be quite a bit different than the 140/430/62 family. Soviet one is a lazy, but safe choice (Pasholok scanned a lot of the Soviet archives regarding tank development so plenty of contenders).

Real problem is that "Russian Tanks OP" narrative is still alive among mouthbreathers and whatever WG does (and it does a lot of bad moves) it will be a problem even if Soviet tanks underperform (and a larger % of them does on EU server than any other tree).

Re M46/48/60 - 

M48 will have Urdan low profile TC cupola and better turret armor, so it will be M48A5 (I think designation changes also).

Ah okay. CW reward tanks are pretty damn rare. Few and far between indeed.

Sounds like all good things on the American patton series adjustment.

https://thearmoredpa...sh-med-changes/

And now the brits get the same treatment...

I get why they are buffing the Cent 3 and Cent 7 sort of (giving them non crap dispersion isn't a thing apparently)

But What i dont get is the FV4202 and the Cent AX. Those tanks are FINE as is. Yes the FV4202 is slow but its what a prem is supposed to be. A good looking mediocre tank that you play for credits..... or am i alone in thinking that? the AX turret turret down is amazing, and autobounce when hull down anyways.

#4043 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,772 posts
  • Interests:Obscure tanks and guns.
    Obscure facts about well known tanks and guns.
    Obscure historical facts.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 0753 AM

4202 still sucks. I play it semi-regularly. :( This might be too much, but we will see.

For AX reason is that British branch is still unpopular (IDK why, it was fun when I was playing it, but that was long time ago). It has one OP tank (Cromwell), one very decent (Comet), two somewhat (but not horribly) subpar (Cents), and quite good tier 10. And other than a stock T8 Cent grind is not that horrible...

Idea, from what I have read is to make a difference between hull down fighters with good view range (AX, Patton), paper snipers (Leo, AMX30 to a lesser degree), "all-arounders" (Soviets except 430, possibly US T95), brawlers (STB, 430) and "alpha damage" (Chinese, possible 3rd US one). IDK where E-50M fits there.

There is a same idea with heavies to a lesser degree.

Edited by bojan, 26 July 2017 - 0801 AM.

#4044 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,770 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 26 July 2017 - 1427 PM

Re M46/48/60 - 

I get why they are buffing the Cent 3 and Cent 7 sort of (giving them non crap dispersion isn't a thing apparently)

But What i dont get is the FV4202 and the Cent AX. Those tanks are FINE as is. Yes the FV4202 is slow but its what a prem is supposed to be. A good looking mediocre tank that you play for credits..... or am i alone in thinking that? the AX turret turret down is amazing, and autobounce when hull down anyways.

Sadly, from what I've gathered still following WoT, you're now in the minority for thinking that.  When WoT started premiums were slightly inferior tanks that you used to train crews and make credits.  Apparently a large percentage of gamers are now ok with the power creep in WoT and feel if you're spending money to get a premium then it better be slightly OP (if not outright OP) in some way.  It's a shame but that appears to be the new norm.

Edited by Skywalkre, 26 July 2017 - 1431 PM.

#4045 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:I.T. Support, Computers & Science, Rally, Aeronautics, Electrical Engineering, Tanks and other various Machines

Posted 26 July 2017 - 1702 PM

4202 still sucks. I play it semi-regularly. :( This might be too much, but we will see.

For AX reason is that British branch is still unpopular (IDK why, it was fun when I was playing it, but that was long time ago). It has one OP tank (Cromwell), one very decent (Comet), two somewhat (but not horribly) subpar (Cents), and quite good tier 10. And other than a stock T8 Cent grind is not that horrible...

Idea, from what I have read is to make a difference between hull down fighters with good view range (AX, Patton), paper snipers (Leo, AMX30 to a lesser degree), "all-arounders" (Soviets except 430, possibly US T95), brawlers (STB, 430) and "alpha damage" (Chinese, possible 3rd US one). IDK where E-50M fits there.

There is a same idea with heavies to a lesser degree.

I agree with you on the british line. It was indeed and still is an unpopular line (nowhere near as unfun as the heavy line) And the cromwell is still OP. I have all the Cent's and last i played the FV4202 after the speed buff it got, it certainly felt better than the Cent 3 in game. (that was before its RoF buff) the turret is simply more reliable and both are equally bad @ shooting in a predictable pattern. (gun dispersion feels derpy as hell)

The hull is already autobounce angle... with this buff, its in a whole new class now......

#4046 Avalon12

Avalon12

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 1714 PM

Re M46/48/60 - 

Sadly, from what I've gathered still following WoT, you're now in the minority for thinking that.  When WoT started premiums were slightly inferior tanks that you used to train crews and make credits.  Apparently a large percentage of gamers are now ok with the power creep in WoT and feel if you're spending money to get a premium then it better be slightly OP (if not outright OP) in some way.  It's a shame but that appears to be the new norm.

I was afraid of this. This is like game design 102.... these guys never watched Extra Creditz. Haha. Do they not realize that once you go down this road it doesn't stop? This is why SerB told people to F off. With their idiotic ideas and never ending whining.

#4047 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,770 posts
  • Interests:military history, psychology, gaming (computer, board, simulation, console), sci-fi

Posted 26 July 2017 - 1751 PM

In the meantime it's bound to make them a buttload of cash.  Apparently plenty of whales left in WoT willing to throw cash at the latest FotM OP vehicle.  :glare:

#4048 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,984 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 1304 PM

Nebelburg!

#4049 TonyE

TonyE

I/Kitsap Militia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,984 posts
  • Interests:Them grate steal beest! and, there history.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 1224 PM

Char 2c and FCM F1! Multiturrets!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users