5343 replies to this topic

#5341 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 1004 AM

Hes the opposite of Teddy Roosevelt, that official quipped to Guajardo about Trump. He speaks loudly and carries a small stick.

Everyone Ive spoken to around the world is laughing, Guajardo said.

To be fair, I wonder if Mexico and Mexicans realize how they are perceived as a nation by the rest of the civilized world, based on social, cultural, and economic factors.

He who laughs last and all that.

The peice that you are missing is that Mexico has always viewed its Northern Neighbour with envy, perhaps some resentment, but respect.

Edited by Paul G., 05 August 2017 - 1131 AM.

#5342 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,606 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted 05 August 2017 - 1035 AM

Be nice if their citizens and government respected our laws like they expect us to respect their laws. 

#5343 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 1039 AM

"Los mexicanos somos chingones". Google that, it will tell you how little they care.

Roughly translating to "We Mexicans may be low, but at least we are not Chinese" according to Google.

Sounds about right to me.

Be nice if their citizens and government respected our laws like they expect us to respect their laws.

This may be setting the social achievement bar too high for Mexico and Mexicans. I would be relieved if they respected their own laws at this point.

Edited by Nobu, 05 August 2017 - 1047 AM.

#5344 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 0531 AM

How many people get financed and then are broke a few years later?

Greater rewards with business require greater risks. I tend to go for safer investments and not over extend.

Are you really Eric Bolling?

No, I just think you can criticize the guy without going full potato.

Except you don't criticize Trump.  Were Trump to wander out on the WH lawn, drop his drawers and pitch a loaf, Eric Bolling would be, "Hey look, a unicorn just made cotton candy."  To which you no doubt would reply, "That's it exactly."

Trump won because the voters were fed up with the GOP not stopping the liberal horrors of Obama, even given the voters gave the spine less GOP control of Congress. No one even pretends Trump is perfect, but any day of a Trump presidency is better than a day with Clinton as president.
The career bureaucratic vermin in the swamp, usually liberal appointed, are the problem, not Trump. As rmgill pointed out, Trump is beginning the process of turning government the right way. We all need to keep the pressure on government, especially those Senators who oppose this.

http://thehill.com/p...fiance-of-trump

The vermin want to bite back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users