• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#561 Argus

Argus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 2219 PM

Good god man, that is pathetic - and I'd say the same of anyone suggesting an earthquake in Japan was justice for the whales. 

My take on the bushfires while Australian men and women were dying from them was not appropriate in various ways.

In my hatred of Sea Shepherd Australia, I became one of them.

Fair enough

#562 Coldsteel

Coldsteel

Romanes eunt domus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 2105 PM

Good god man, that is pathetic - and I'd say the same of anyone suggesting an earthquake in Japan was justice for the whales. 

My take on the bushfires while Australian men and women were dying from them was not appropriate in various ways.

In my hatred of Sea Shepherd Australia, I became one of them.

I'm pretty sure you'll find Sea Shepherd is headquartered in the United States.

#563 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 2236 PM

It is, but its anti-whaling operations have been considered piracy by the government of the United States since 2013.

The government of Australia's arguments at the International Court off Justice have not been as friendly.

Neither is Sea Shepherd Australia's logo, which rubs salt into the withdrawal of whaling operations from southern waters.

Edited by Nobu, 21 January 2020 - 2251 PM.

#564 Coldsteel

Coldsteel

Romanes eunt domus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 0439 AM

It is, but its anti-whaling operations have been considered piracy by the government of the United States since 2013.

The government of Australia's arguments at the International Court off Justice have not been as friendly.

Neither is Sea Shepherd Australia's logo, which rubs salt into the withdrawal of whaling operations from southern waters.

Yes, because unsurprisingly the US courts have jurisdiction over a US citizen in charge of a US based organisation. What you could possibly expect Australia to do about foreigners aboard foreign flagged vessels beyond denying them visas I really can't imagine, torpedo them perhaps.

What could be more friendly than asking that you abide by the letter and the spirit of agreement you voluntarily entered into.

#565 DB

DB

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 0651 AM

Clearly Abe should send in the ninjas to blow up the boat. Worked for France, in some ways.

Edited by DB, 22 January 2020 - 0652 AM.

#566 Nobu

Nobu

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 0932 AM

Friends don’t ask friends for something by taking them to court.

#567 Coldsteel

Coldsteel

Romanes eunt domus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 2043 PM

Of course they do, friends enter into a binding agreement, one of them violates the terms of the agreement and the trust of the other, and they end up in court.

#568 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 2114 PM

Meanwhile, about Australian wildlife that are not Dropbears.....

a Rogue wombat!

https://www.abc.net....smania/11889176

the most interesting quote being:

"Residents have said they've been asleep and have heard rustling noises and they've been greeted by a wombat coming up their passage."

Sounds painful

11889174-3x2-700x467.jpg

#569 Argus

Argus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 2311 PM

Hercy-Bird down 

https://www.abc.net....shfire/11893554

#570 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 2338 PM

Oh shit

#571 Adam Peter

Adam Peter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 1119 AM

Australian Flashback (Twitter hashtag)

#572 DougRichards

DougRichards

Doug Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,413 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 0339 AM

Here is one for the record books....

https://www.abc.net....sening/11907438

Defence helicopter likely caused fire

The Department of Defence has admitted the fire was likely caused by one of its own helicopters, after one its landing lights created enough heat to set the grass on fire.

"The fire started during routine aerial reconnaissance and ground clearance work being conducted in the area in support of our local firefighters and authorities," Emergency Services Minister Mick Gentleman said on behalf of the Department of Defence.

Lieutenant General Greg Bilton said the helicopter was using the lights to help it land in smoky conditions, but the heat set a fire that grew rapidly and damaged the aircraft.

He said defence was investigating the issue but operating procedures would be changed so that the landing lights were not used in extreme conditions.

It is reportedly the first time a fire has been started by a helicopter landing light.

#573 Argus

Argus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 1825 PM

It doesn't take long 

https://www.youtube....h?v=T_4U-81V6IE