Photo
- - - - -

Speaking Of Hidden Vehicle Parameters....?

4 replies to this topic

#1 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 1916 PM

...does the Comet have relatively crappy hidden stats when it comes to aim\hit-probability after turret traverse?

#2 Skywalkre

Skywalkre

Garry F!@#$%g Owen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 1922 PM

It seems to be mediocre.  Mid-tiers are much worse than high tiers so compared to tier 10s it's garbage.  Comparing it to the Panther and T-43 on my app right now it's in the middle of the two.  The dispersion from moving forward and turning your hull are really bad, though (with the T-43 being slightly worse).

#3 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 1935 PM

ok thanks

#4 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,844 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 2323 PM

With Comet (and other rapid firing tanks) my SoP is to fire first shot non-aimed, by the time you fully aim you also reloaded and first "wild" shot might still hit something,

#5 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 0927 AM

I've been in a couple of -- very very tight -- late in game matches recently where both my enemy and I have been very low in HPs.  It comes down to point blank snap shots at close range and the Comet's shot invariably goes wild.  It's typically an incident involving traversing or moving when I'm attempting the coup de grâce.  Even though I had the drop on my opponent, these are match breakers as my miss means my opponent now finishes me.  Its happened several times recently -- enough to warrant my question.  Now I know when I'm in a similar situation, the Comets gun is unreliable when on the move or when traversing.  Adjust tactics accordingly...

EDIT:  And I have been running vstab + vents and gunner with 80% snap shot skill while still seeing wonky point blank shotz involving moving or traversing.    

Edited by jwduquette1, 16 March 2015 - 0944 AM.

Reply to this topic