74 replies to this topic

#61 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,352 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 0051 AM

Laugth all you want but I never had a chilli dog (yuruppean you now), sounds tasty but... come on Jim, they cant be that special? (its just a dog for Petes sake!). Or can they? A German Bratwurst with some tasty mustard and -yes- Sauerkrut, on the other hand... Mmm jummy! :lol: I love a good meaty chorizo now and then too though...

Over here, there's a small fastfood stall called Bun on the Run which sells, among others, chorizo burger. I found it waaaaaaaaaaay too salty. I guess if there was a side order of french fries and dip, plus a bottle of Coke, the saltiness of the chorizo burger wouldn't be that bad. Other than the saltiness, it is quite good.

#62 EchoFiveMike

EchoFiveMike

I offer safe passage through the wasteland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,802 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 1713 PM

http://www.huffingto...d_b_844305.html

Wonder if they have chili in Iceland? S/F....Ken M

#63 Doug Kibbey

Doug Kibbey

Self Absorbed Nostalgia Monger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 2114 PM

I like chili.

I like hot dogs.

But together is just wrong. :wacko:

#64 Guest_JamesG123_*

Guest_JamesG123_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2011 - 2211 PM

Sacrilege! Get a rope.

I find hotdogs bland without a good layer of chili on it.

Sonic is the "baseline" for a good chilidog.

Columbus has something called the "Scramble dog" where they dispense with the pretext of the hotdog being a hand held food and they smother the dog in chilli, misc. toppings (including oyster crackers) and then chop it up and serve it with a fork.

its... awesome.

#65 Corinthian

Corinthian

Stone Age Bitter Delusional Retard

• Members
  • 21,352 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 2244 PM

Sacrilege! Get a rope.

I find hotdogs bland without a good layer of chili on it.

+1

Though mustard, ketchup, diced pickles and onions will be a suitable alternative. :)

No cheese please.

#66 Doug Kibbey

Doug Kibbey

Self Absorbed Nostalgia Monger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 0008 AM

+1

Though mustard, ketchup, diced pickles and onions will be a suitable alternative. :)

No cheese please.

FIFY. ;)

#67 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 19,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 0944 AM

Had a chili cheese coney from Sonic last night, man was it good! Chili dogs just hit the spot on occasion.

#68 Mike Steele

Mike Steele

Boobies!

• Members
  • 15,746 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 0951 AM

A really good dog will have Coney Island sauce on it. ^_^

Like this:
2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups catsup
2/3 cup waterMix uncooked ground beef and water. Add the remaining ingredients.Cover and simmer for 1 hour in a heavy saucepan. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.

#69 John Dudek

John Dudek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 1528 PM

A really good dog will have Coney Island sauce on it. ^_^

Give me a basic "Michigan Coney Island" hotdog any day. A steamed bun, a grilled Koegel Vienna hotdog and enough chili, onions and mustard to make it necessary to use a knife and fork. It's nature's perfect food, in my humble opinion.

#70 Murph

Murph

Hierophant Lord

• Members
  • 19,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 1750 PM

Few foods just call to me as does a good Chili dog, or Paht Thai.

#71 John Dudek

John Dudek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 1853 PM

Give me a basic "Michigan Coney Island" hotdog any day. A steamed bun, a grilled Koegel Vienna hotdog and enough chili, onions and mustard to make it necessary to use a knife and fork. It's nature's perfect food, in my humble opinion.

I almost forgot. The hotdog has to be a natural casing hotdog, so that it snaps when you bite into it. Natural casing hotdogs are sometimes hard to find in many stores, but they are worth it.

#72 Jim Martin

Jim Martin

Kick me! I'm not allowed to hit back!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 1501 PM

At Steak 'n' Shake they are now serving Fritos Chili Cheese Burgers*. Don't even think of picking it up and eating it with your hand. Super sloppy, super good.

*The burger is topped not only with chili and cheese, but a layer of Fritos. I typically am not a fan of Fritos, but in this, they're perfect.

#73 Mr King

Mr King

Fat Body

• Members
  • 19,418 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 1536 PM

There is a joint around here called "Joe Rodgers Chili" also known as "The Den". They serve a mean ass chili dog to go along with their awesome chili.

Posted Image

#74 Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 1532 PM

I like chili.

I like hot dogs.

But together is just wrong. :wacko:

Never, ever have I liked hot dogs. Even as a kid. They're just nasty. Especially when they have been boiled. I've seen Indiana pond scum on an August day look better than hot dog water.

#75 Stargrunt6

Stargrunt6

Empire Apologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 1827 PM

We're 25 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart. That doesn't stop us. :P Though the people at the one we go to aren't *that* rude, but the folks 'round here aren't that rude. We're not like people in New Orleans. ;)

*harumph harumph* ;)

Does anybody remember the Hebrew National commercials on the radio? They usually played around Rush Limbaugh. It featured describing what is Kosher and what isn't, such as "being an intern at the White House, kosher. Messing around with your internes *BZZZ* NOT KOSHER!"