#3341 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 23 minutes ago

https://www.yahoo.co...-090015929.html

Spot on article on how the "Art of the Deal" doesn't translate well to politics.

#3342 glenn239

glenn239

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,874 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago

Paul G.  Not clear what you are basing that assessment on. As senator or sec state she had no ability to jump into anything. The POTUS retains that power. She is more hawkish than Obama was both only incrementally, and he wasn't very.

Clinton several times during the election re-iterated she would enforce a no fly zones over Syria, meaning Aleppo, which would mean war with Russia.  During one debate I recall the moderator attempted to clarify exactly how much insanity she was talking in terms of shooting down Russian aircraft, but if I remember correctly she came back with some horseshit about ‘explaining’ the policy to Putin, and the topic moved on from there.

Edited by glenn239, A minute ago.

#3343 Andres Vera

Andres Vera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • Interests:Becoming a helicopter pilot for the Pinochet administration

Posted A minute ago

Before this election cycle, I was convinced Cruz was EXACTLY the person conservatives had been demanding for years. And instead they pick a big mouthed New York progressive.  And the evangelical right? They go for the "two Corinthians" guy... From day one :wacko:

Evangelical support initially for Trump was more from Blue-Collar workers who jumped on his populist wagon than any semblance of religiousness.

This. And the fact that these voters ,which I am one, was fed up with the GOP. The GOP did nothing that I could see with their Congressional majorities, especially in Obama's last term. Along comes Trump, a non-politician who I saw as the best bet to beat Hillary. This Grate Site's posters can urinate, female dog, and moan all you want about Trump, but can you imagine Clinton instead!

You don't have to imagine. Not unlike the previous eight years, but less progressive.

O0UjOJZ.jpg

Are you ever going to consider that this wasn't due to the emails, but the lies, cover ups and general negligence shown?

#3344 Andres Vera

Andres Vera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • Interests:Becoming a helicopter pilot for the Pinochet administration

Posted A minute ago

Before this election cycle, I was convinced Cruz was EXACTLY the person conservatives had been demanding for years. And instead they pick a big mouthed New York progressive.  And the evangelical right? They go for the "two Corinthians" guy... From day one :wacko:

Evangelical support initially for Trump was more from Blue-Collar workers who jumped on his populist wagon than any semblance of religiousness.

This. And the fact that these voters ,which I am one, was fed up with the GOP. The GOP did nothing that I could see with their Congressional majorities, especially in Obama's last term. Along comes Trump, a non-politician who I saw as the best bet to beat Hillary. This Grate Site's posters can urinate, female dog, and moan all you want about Trump, but can you imagine Clinton instead!
You don't have to imagine. Not unlike the previous eight years, but less progressive.
Not to forget more entangled wars all around the world. when she sees a hotspot she cannot stop herself and jumps right in. Or rather makes others jump on her behalf.

Not clear what you are basing that assessment on. As senator or sec state she had no ability to jump into anything. The POTUS retains that power. She is more hawkish than Obama was both only incrementally, and he wasn't very.

US troop levels in Syria have doubled under Trump. Apparently that was Trump's secret plan to defeat ISIS.

Mattis plan.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Andres Vera, glenn239