83 replies to this topic

#81 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Of the Veronica Cartwright Ilk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 0633 AM

Yes, I was just thinking exactly the same thing Chris. I suppose Predator would probably be good enough for the job?

#82 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,841 posts
  • Interests:But it's got electrolytes! They're what plants crave!

Posted 11 October 2018 - 0911 AM

Reaper, like Predator is more a looking down a drinking straw solution. What would be best would be something like the really good for its time IR linescan that recce Tornadoes had, but that was too low a resolution and was decommissioned long before the airframes were.

#83 Leo Niehorster

Leo Niehorster

Meow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Military History

Posted 11 October 2018 - 1501 PM

Pity, the Gelände der Wehrtechnischen Dienststelle in Meppen was a great place to get mushrooms and berries.

#84 Panzermann

Panzermann

REFORGER '79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,141 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 1722 PM

Does anyone complain about TurboDaks?

I cringe anytime I see a turbo conversion of piston a/c, but there's no arguing with utility--Just PLEEEZE don't use them in WWII movies! The Westland Wessex standing in for a USMC UH-34 in Full Metal Jacket was eye-painful enough...

Are there any piston-engined S-58s still flying?

I think there are 1 or 2, but my Google-fu was too weak to find any recent cites.

first wanted to say that one was in Riptide, but quick asking of the great oracle educated me, that it was a T conversion and not a piston engined one.

I was achild when I watched it. I only remembered a pink helo and its distinctive profile.

Reaper, like Predator is more a looking down a drinking straw solution. What would be best would be something like the really good for its time IR linescan that recce Tornadoes had, but that was too low a resolution and was decommissioned long before the airframes were.

Bundeswehr has baught RecceLite pods from Rafal about a decade ago which provided the posted photos. Shouldn't be too hard to add a similar payload to a drone.

Pity, the Gelände der Wehrtechnischen Dienststelle in Meppen was a great place to get mushrooms and berries.

in a year or two it will grow over with weeds and there are still areas unburnt. I guess this year's mushrooms are rather peated in taste. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users